10points 3.mq4 - page 66

10points 3emsjoflo.mq4

10points 3emsjoflo.mq4

Been waiting to see how this EA handles the 1.6 progression starting from .01 it clearly can not make a .016 trade. I have included a screen shot showing a .01 then .01 then .02 progression I would expect that .04 would be next if we use a calculator the progression would be .01,.016,.0256 then .04096.

There have been no closed trades yet and I am interested to observe the way this EA works.

John

Files:
ems.gif  64 kb

Terry French:
mtaboneweb,

I have an unreasonable request. Can you program 6 different indicators into an EA. And whenever 3 of these indicators give a buy or sell signal, the trade is activated. The key here is not to have the same type of indicator telling you to buy or sell, but rather when either one is activated, it can combine with an indicator in the other 2 groups to get you into a trade.

IE trend following would be in one group, oscillators in another , channels or BB bands or Envelopes or some of the newer indicators like super8filter, juice, heiken ashi (new versions), fisher-yurik, or JMA in the last group. Can we get a consenus of the people interested in 10P3 and lets us know what indicators should be in each group. We all have favorites, but which ones are we the most confident with.

On the subject of exit signals, we also have 2 choices. Pivots, camarilla, octaves all are based off yesterdays price movement and that could be an exit strategy once those targets are hit. An indicator that follows the trend like Price_channel stop, short moving average, or silvertrend could be used for carrying the trade to a more profitable level. Can we get a consenus from everybody on that as well. Or maybe build it in so we can choose our exit strategy. Like I said, an unreasonable request. Thanks for reading tf

That should not be a problem at all and it is what I was hoping to do anyways. I have been testing the functionality of my revised version and it seems to be going well. I just want to get any bugs I may notice out of the way before posting it here. Any thought or suggestions on which indicators to use, how they should be used, the more specific the better, and maybe we could all give feedback on what seems to sound the best would be greatly appreciated. I could even program in variables for the indicators so they could be adjusted thru the setup window or used as the default settings.

John,

I think the fact that someone has partially revamped 10point3 is great but it sounds like it's still the same old EA with an adjusted increment but I will take a look. In the meantime, I am just excited about my version which I feel flows better being a programmer myself and would like to take this EA to new heights. I believe we can all do that together with time, feedback, trial, and no need to be an elite member. I have cut out a lot of fat that was most likely left over from previous versions and are not needed to do what the EA needs to do. As a matter of fact, it was written from scratch looking at the old version only to get the idea of what really needed to be done. All variables have been renamed to make more sense (hopefully) and are handled in what I feel may be a more efficient way to make the EA run faster. Renaming variables and handling them differently will hopefully make it clearer for the end user to make tweaks. This version will be easier for the average, non-programmer to follow, and easier to make mods in the future.

Matt

Revamped EA

mtaboneweb:
That should not be a problem at all and it is what I was hoping to do anyways. I have been testing the functionality of my revised version and it seems to be going well. I just want to get any bugs I may notice out of the way before posting it here. Any thought or suggestions on which indicators to use, how they should be used, the more specific the better, and maybe we could all give feedback on what seems to sound the best would be greatly appreciated. I could even program in variables for the indicators so they could be adjusted thru the setup window or used as the default settings.

John,

I think the fact that someone has partially revamped 10point3 is great but it sounds like it's still the same old EA with an adjusted increment but I will take a look. In the meantime, I am just excited about my version which I feel flows better being a programmer myself and would like to take this EA to new heights. I believe we can all do that together with time, feedback, trial, and no need to be an elite member. I have cut out a lot of fat that was most likely left over from previous versions and are not needed to do what the EA needs to do. As a matter of fact, it was written from scratch looking at the old version only to get the idea of what really needed to be done. All variables have been renamed to make more sense (hopefully) and are handled in what I feel may be a more efficient way to make the EA run faster. Renaming variables and handling them differently will hopefully make it clearer for the end user to make tweaks. This version will be easier for the average, non-programmer to follow, and easier to make mods in the future.

Matt

Matt,

I agree totally that a new EA written from scratch should prove to be better than one that has been reworked so many times. I will however continue to test this newer edition and look forward to testing your totally new EA when you are ready to release it. I have decided that this is the direction I want to go and am reducing the number of "outside" EAs in order to better concentrate my testing on the options available here.

Making your new EA easier for the non-programmer to follow sounds really good to me. Do you feel the need to retain the 10points 3 name and if not would you want to start a new thread to test it seperately? Whatever you decide will be enthusiastically endorsed from those of us who have contributed to this thread.

Thank you for your work on all our behalf,

John

yeoeleven:
Matt,

I agree totally that a new EA written from scratch should prove to be better than one that has been reworked so many times. I will however continue to test this newer edition and look forward to testing your totally new EA when you are ready to release it. I have decided that this is the direction I want to go and am reducing the number of "outside" EAs in order to better concentrate my testing on the options available here.

Making your new EA easier for the non-programmer to follow sounds really good to me. Do you feel the need to retain the 10points 3 name and if not would you want to start a new thread to test it seperately? Whatever you decide will be enthusiastically endorsed from those of us who have contributed to this thread.

Thank you for your work on all our behalf,

John

John,

I appreciate all the kind words of support from everyone here. My goal is not to take credit from those who came before me. The EA will look very different since the code has been written from scratch in a way that I felt would be easier to follow with less overhead and my attempt to streamline the process. Variables were looked at to see which fit the new model, a lot were dropped because of doing things differently but most have at least been renamed. With all that being said, I wouldn't be were I am without the original code and someone going thru all the effort to begin with and all the great people here who have done so much testing. It is very easy to look at something that has been done and say this is how I would do it if I were to remake it. After all that rambling, I have kept the original info plus my own in the copyright section because I believe it is the right thing to do. I guess I just could have said that in short but I wanted everyone here to understand that this is not baby alone. In the end we all deserve credit for making this EA what it can be (profitable for everyone here).

Hi, how can i change from X2 each 15pips wrong wrong to maybe X3 or X4?

Eg: We buy at 0.01 lot now and price goes wrong up to 15pips and it will buy again at this time X2 = 0.02lot. How can I change it to every 15pips X3 or X4?

Can someone please show me the way?

Thanks.

yeoeleven:
The first #1 now concentrates only on EURUSD & USDCHR but with MaxTrades7 and starting at .05 unit.

The second #2 uses all recommended pairs with MaxTrades10 and startes off at .01.

I want to see if MaxTrades10 will ever be closed by the Dynamic Stop and how soon will MaxTrades7 be breached.

John

#1 still looking good and the MaxTrades7 has not been breached. $513 profit so far with only -$14 floating. Reached 1.6 from .05.

#2 still profitable went up to .64 from .01 a few times but no higher. $454 profit so far with -$42 floating.

Will review the position just before the end of trade EST.

John

Files:

10points 3emsjoflo.mq4

Forward testing 10points 3emsjoflo.mq4 with the following result after 2 days.

The progression has risen from .01 .01 .02 .04 .07 with a profit of $61 and a floating -$23

Early days but seems useful.

John

First of All, thank you for someone who make the EA and share it in the forum.. and also thank you for anyone who is participating and sharing knowledge here..

It is very helpfull for newbie like me

I have run 10 points 3.mq4 in 4H TF EuroUsd (demo) and the result is fantastic I have some question..

Which EA is better?

10 points 3.mq4? 10 Points 3 Dynamic Stoploss.mq4? or DLMv1.4?

Is it true that EuroX2.mq4 in http://forex-soft.netfirms.com/ the same EA with 10 points 3.mq4?

Thank you

yeoeleven:
Forward testing 10points 3emsjoflo.mq4 with the following result after 2 days.

The progression has risen from .01 .01 .02 .04 .07 with a profit of $61 and a floating -$23

Early days but seems useful.

John

Hi yeoeleven,

Can you post the EA that makes this progression please...

Thanks

Fast_cris

10points 3emsjoflo.mq4

Fast_cris:
Hi yeoeleven,

Can you post the EA that makes this progression please...

Thanks

Fast_cris

I got the EA from http://www.lightpatch.com/forex/_MT4_Experts/ but it needed a couple of errors corrected.

It nominates a 1.64 progression but starting at .01 that is not possible so I have posted the actual progression to date.

Now closed for the weekend.

John

Reason: