[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 663

OnGoing:

Here you can just put any multiplier you like. Set it smaller and it will be the same arithmetic progression)

But the machine will calculate everything for us and we don't need to make a lot of lines.

That's true. Let it count. At least check your calculation in Excel - the formula, the amount needed for trading will be clear))) If the progression is arithmetic, then it's a drain.

OnGoing:

Here you can just put any multiplier you like. Set it smaller and it will be the same arithmetic progression)

But the machine will calculate everything for us and we don't need to make a lot of lines.

And to check, set the lot progression to 0, the drawdown will decrease, and let's say by increasing the proportion of capital in the transaction you will get the same financial result. You don't lose money only because of the adjustment (coincidence).

new-rena:
That's for sure. Let him count. At least check your calculation in Excel - the formula, the amount needed for trading will be clear))) If the progression is arithmetic, then it's a drain.
This calculation is from Ilan, it ate a lot of salt here) It seems to count normally. And if necessary, you can add another line, such as a step in how many poses to count the degree. Here it's all just a matter of imagination).

OnGoing:

Roman, it's easier to calculate the lot in one line, by exponentiation (by the number of open positions), like in Ilan:

Lots - initial lot.

LotExponent - multiplier.

NumOfTrades - number of open positions in series.

Lotdecimal - lot increment (1 or 2 digits).

To be more precise, LotExponent is the base of the degree.

khorosh:
More specifically, LotExponent is the base of the degree.

Yeah, that's right. The degree itself is the number of trades.

For an arithmetic progression the formula is: Lots+deltaLot*NumOfTrades.

khorosh:
The formula for arithmetic progression is as follows: Lots+deltaLot*NumOfTrades.

Yes, there are also higher order progressions, there are options.

Although I still like it better with a coefficient. You can pick any one there. And pure arithmetic, as a rule, shows the worst results. It loads the depressions harder, but pulls the series slower.

vladds:

Why don't you start coding? You know so much, but you don't want to do the obvious?

WHY?

Because no one will realize your idea in all its details and nuances, better than you, and no one will realize my idea better than me. At first I also asked all the programmers I know to write what I want, but no one really reacted, and then I studied MQL in less than a month, and now I don't need to ask anyone for a new idea, and considering that I have many ideas and almost all are just an illusion, it is even better to experiment by yourself.

The structure of the language is very simple, and you don't have to do everything from scratch, for example, there are already a bunch of ready-made time-tested functions for all occasions.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code

OnGoing:

Yes, there are also higher order progressions, there are options.

Although I still like it better with a coefficient. You can pick any one there. And pure arithmetic, as a rule, shows the worst results. It loads the depressions more heavily, but pulls the series slower.

Well, it depends on the particular Expert Advisor. I had a variant that worked with a constant lot.
Reason: