10points 3.mq4 - page 61

I am not as familiar with 10Points3 as I would like, so I can't make a specific suggestion but this idea may have some merit. Instead of waiting for stoploss, what about using an indicator (or an existing indicator result) that says, "This trade looks like it will get worse and we should exit now." Just an unqualified and incomplete idea, but it might help.

daraknor:
I am not as familiar with 10Points3 as I would like, so I can't make a specific suggestion but this idea may have some merit. Instead of waiting for stoploss, what about using an indicator (or an existing indicator result) that says, "This trade looks like it will get worse and we should exit now." Just an unqualified and incomplete idea, but it might help.

Exactly! I think that would give this thing a real edge. A preemptive indication based on falling momentum or something. That's what I'm playing with right now.

p777m:
I think ranging periods is the goldmine for this type of EA's. Why do you want to avoid it? I would prefer to trade only during ranging periods... I think trend is the enemy for these EAs.

p777m

To be honest, ranging periods for me seem to be when the EA whittles down the equity with small losses because it's not reactive enough to the turns. I think the key is tuning this thing with better indicators to jump on a good trend & ride it until a caution light of some type signals an upcoming reversal or consolidation.

StopLoss

Hi guys...can i know how to set the stop loss in 10Points3 EA ??? and what is the difference between InitialStop and TrailingStop ??

i have try 10Points3 EA in TF 15 and profit USD 114 in 4 hours using demo account. now i want to try it using TF 30M. if everything ok, i want to try it using live account but i have to set the stop loss i think.

koisempoi:
Hi guys...can i know how to set the stop loss in 10Points3 EA ??? and what is the difference between InitialStop and TrailingStop ??

read post 602.

Where's the terminator??

Anyone,

I have through this thread, I want to test Terminator EA with my account, but I couldn't find it anywhere in this thread.

Could someone kindly repost Terminator EA here so I can make a test also in conjunction with 10points3?

thanks before

bluto:
The key to using 10Point3, Terminator 2, and any of these Martingale based EA's is to have Deep Deep Pockets to endure the drawdowns while waiting for the retracements because they usually do come. I'm sure everyone has heard this before, but this is what I use for my trading:

- smaller lot sizes such as .01 on a $10K account.

- stay away from volatile pairs like GBPUSD & GBPJPY

- measure avg. daily range and determine proper pip intervals for each pair

- I trade only EURUSD & USDJPY

- I use a modified version of 10Point3 that uses Jurik MACD and it's far more accurate on detecting and keeping me in the right trend.

- I'm making further mods using the Chop Zone Indicator to avoid placing trades during ranging periods.

Can you post some statement for your modified EA? We will love to forward test it real soon. Like i said, if you can modify to 0.1, 0.2, 0.4, 0.7, 1.1 much better for small size fund.

Wish you the best

Forward testing

bluto:
The key to using 10Point3, Terminator 2, and any of these Martingale based EA's is to have Deep Deep Pockets to endure the drawdowns while waiting for the retracements because they usually do come. I'm sure everyone has heard this before, but this is what I use for my trading:

- smaller lot sizes such as .01 on a $10K account.

- stay away from volatile pairs like GBPUSD & GBPJPY

- measure avg. daily range and determine proper pip intervals for each pair

- I trade only EURUSD & USDJPY

- I use a modified version of 10Point3 that uses Jurik MACD and it's far more accurate on detecting and keeping me in the right trend.

- I'm making further mods using the Chop Zone Indicator to avoid placing trades during ranging periods.

Hi Bluto, thank you for your considerable contribution to this thread. Could you give us the benefit of your experience regarding your recommended Pipset for the pairs that you are currently trading.

For those of us that are unable to modify EAs could you post the latest version that you are using and keep us up to date with your modification of the Chop Zone Indicator?

It was suggested earlier in this thread that we could use a progression based on Fibonacci numbers do you think that has merit?

There also has been a lot of concern regarding slippage on live accounts, is that a concern for those using a .01 unit start off?

John

Here ya go.

** Update **

Well, I really screwed up and posted something here that I shouldn't have. For those interested in the Terminator EA and other valuable tools, please register for the elite section and support the keepers of this amazing forum.

yeoeleven:
Hi Bluto, thank you for your considerable contribution to this thread. Could you give us the benefit of your experience regarding your recommended Pipset for the pairs that you are currently trading.

For those of us that are unable to modify EAs could you post the latest version that you are using and keep us up to date with your modification of the Chop Zone Indicator?

It was suggested earlier in this thread that we could use a progression based on Fibonacci numbers do you think that has merit?

There also has been a lot of concern regarding slippage on live accounts, is that a concern for those using a .01 unit start off?

John

John,

I'd be more than happy to share any enhancements. I love the whole concept of this 10Point3 EA but I think it has a fair amount of room for improvement, both in keeping itself on the right side of the trade through better indicators and in money management to reduce risk. I've been studying the code extensively. The mods and tweaks I've been experimenting with are fairly current and I'm just now starting to get some performance metrics which I'll gladly share once there's some meat on the bones.

I think the Fibonacci idea is a great one. In fact, the better route might be to take the lead of Terminator and build this as an additional option to base trade orders on. The core code of Terminator and 10Point3 are identical. I'm also a huge fan of candles & pivots combined (see John Person's books) and there's another ripe method.

On the slippage issue, I haven't experienced that firsthand yet so I'm not sure. I don't deal in large lot sizes yet. I use IBFX and they've recently done some good upgrades to improve reliability and uptime and the orders are processed really quick now without slippage.

Reason: