Well working Trading System ! - page 40

Updated statements for the other version (one trade was closed with big loss and the other trade was closed on big profit).

All the versions of the EAs of this system - see post #20.

One trade was closed so please find updated statements for this version.

Please find updated statements for 2 versions: few trades were closed in very good profit.

All the versions (with the settings) are on post #20 of this thread.

TrendEnvelopeExpert-Newbie

Hi

This is my first post on this forum and am very new to this, done a bit of day trading on the dow.

I am trying out the following

TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2_eurusd

TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2_gpbusd

TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2_usdchf

TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2_usdjpy

Are these the uptodate version and am i doing something wrong because there appears to be no s/l or t/p set or is there a settings file i have missed or is there somewhere i change them myself.

Thanxs

smudge911:
Hi

This is my first post on this forum and am very new to this, done a bit of day trading on the dow.

Are these the uptodate version and am i doing something wrong because there appears to be no s/l or t/p set or is there a settings file i have missed or is there somewhere i change them myself.

Thanxs

Hello and welcome.

Updated versions you could find in the link written in the previous post including set files. Are you using these ones?

I didn't notice the set files will have another look again i downloaded the zip file "I_am_testing.zip"

smudge911:
I didn't notice the set files will have another look again i downloaded the zip file "I_am_testing.zip"

The file 2.4settings_m15.zip have the set used for EUR and GBP on M15 for v2.4.

I_am_testing.zip is the v2.2 for both (Env and Str) but not set files are included

2.2version_many_settings file have the set files.

smudge911:
Hi

Thanxs

If you downloaded it using link from the post #20 and from the other post from zip'ed 'i am testing it' file so it is right versions which I am testing.

Why TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2_eurusd, TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2_gpbusd and so on?

Because I have experience when the server is restarting by itself so all the settings can be lost and openning metatrader once again. So, I am making default settings for each pair. Just to avoid thos situation.

If you see TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2_eurusd so it is EA with default settings for EURUSD.

You can see it from the image (I am testing those 2 versions in one Metatrader with default settings or every pair):

As to stop loss so this EAs are having stop loss coded inside. Try to fnd some explnation from this thread. If you will not find so I will try to open EAs in MetaEditor to explain (but I am not a coder so it will be simple explanation).

Files:

Just open EA in MetaEditor.

This settings in responsible for exit:

-------------

ExitMode = 5; // System Exit Switch:0-off,1-TS,2-TE,3-AddSignal,4-any first,5-signal

--------------

And it is the codes for exit:

if(ExitMode == 1)

{

int TSdir = iCustom(Symbol(),TS_TimeFrame,"TrendStrength_v2",TS_Length,TS_Smooth,TS_K,7,TS_CurBar);

if (TSdir > 0) CloseOrder(2);

if (TSdir < 0) CloseOrder(1);

}

else

if(ExitMode == 2)

{

int TEdir = iCustom(Symbol(),TE_TimeFrame,"TrendEnvelopes_v2",TE_MAPeriod,TE_MAMode,1,0,6,TE_CurBar);

if (TEdir > 0) CloseOrder(2);

if (TEdir < 0) CloseOrder(1);

}

else

if(ExitMode == 3)

{

int Addir = iCustom(Symbol(),Add_TimeFrame,"AddSignal_v1",haMA1_Period,haMA1_Mode,

haMA2_Period,haMA2_Mode,MACD_Fast,MACD_Slow,MACD_Signal,MACD_MAMode,RSI_Period,2,Add_CurBar);

if (Addir >0 ) CloseOrder(2);

if (Addir <0 ) CloseOrder(1);

}

else

if(ExitMode == 4)

{

//Print("TS_main=",TS_main," TS_sig=",TS_sig," trend=",trend);

if (TStrend > 0 || TStrend > 0 || Addtrend >0 ) CloseOrder(2);

if (TStrend < 0 || TStrend < 0 || Addtrend <0 ) CloseOrder(1);

}

else

if(ExitMode == 5)

{

if (Signal > 0) CloseOrder(2);

if (Signal < 0) CloseOrder(1);

}

if (CloseTimeMode > 0 && TimeCurrent() >= TimeClose) CloseOrder(0);

}

if(ScanTrades()==0)

{

if (Signal > 0) BuyOrdOpen() ;

if (Signal < 0) SellOrdOpen();

}

ExitMode =5 - it is related to the Signal.

It is written inside the code.

What it Signal?

It is this one:

if (TimeCondition())

{

if ( TE == TE_Mode && TS == TS_Mode && AD == Add_Mode) Signal = 1;

if ( TE ==-TE_Mode && TS ==-TS_Mode && AD ==-Add_Mode) Signal =-1;

}

TE is TrendEnvelopes_v2 indicator.

TS is TrendStrength_v2 indicator

AD is AddSignal_v1 indicator.

EA is using all those indicators for enter and exit and we can define in the settings: hich indicator can be used for enter or/and exit and which way. It is very easy doing from the settings of this EA.

Thus, ExitMode =5 is exit on opposite signal of 3 indicators as I understand it.

If my explanation is mistaken so sorry as i am not a coder yet.

Reason: