2_10.gif  26 kb
1_9.gif  25 kb

there is a set up in jpy right now all set up

Files:
1_10.gif  23 kb

harold4x:
there is a set up in jpy right now all set up

what pivot indicator you use??

and how to use it with breakout strategy??

Harold,

could you please explain why the breakout has 70% sucess ratio? i`ve seen it works many times but dont know why it is 70%. BTW euro and swiss breakouts worked very well, yen set up was false then reversed and recovered the loss.

harold4x:
what i am about to show you in words as well as charts is really astounding. during these dog day summer trading sessions there has been a lot of up down and all around moves that destroy all the indicators known to man which by the way in the long run make it very difficult to have a consistent record but aside from that here are the facts we all know that the currency market trends more than any other but it still goes side ways 70 to 80 % of the time so i was thinking if that be true look for a sideways setup and trade the breakout with a small risk just in case its a false breakout you can reenter the other way this strategy is not new there will be no indicators just price. what i am looking for is at least 4 bars that have a range of no more than 10-20 pips the less the better they must be going sideways not trending anywhere there charts i put up are for this last week as well as a trade that happened a little while ago the risk is the range the profit is the same but than can be negotiated later on just looking at a high win loss record i put 5 charts with this thread and 3 more on next page i would like some input into this maybe a way to get more than 1 to 1

Yes this is akin to the BB squeeze setup. Yours is a little simpler concept. Have you traded it long?

harold4x:
here are 2 set ups this morning euro was after nfp and swiss was way beforealso on swiss i added pivot points and when you get a sideways market around a pivot point it makes it more reliable especially daily pivot

This actually reminds me of a disciple of Mark McRae who gave up on Mark's system and traded exactly the way you described - made millions (a lot of consequitive wins) and then lost it all. He did not follow money management principles though

i dont know why it has 70% i did a manual backtest which can be 100% accurate since we are not using indicators markets consolidate more than trend so instead of trying to find trend threw indicators i let price lead me into the trend now dont use this just before news for obvious reasons are there false breakouts yes that why you have another order waiting on the other side i didnt invent breakouts this was just an observation being frustrated with market looking for better entrys without indicators i use pivots so if this consolidation happens around them which is where i want them to happen for obvious reasons the strategy is defined by entry and stoploss and target you can also(HEAVEN FORBID)get away from computer if you want

euro and cable short and swiss long set ups after the news triggered around 0;00hrs all of them worked very well giving even more than target.

show me some charts so i can see these setups ok

harold4x:
show me some charts so i can see these setups ok

2 setup for Eur/Gbp and Eur/Chf

these setups are ok??

thanks

Files:
ecchart.jpg  101 kb
egchart.jpg  89 kb
Reason: