FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Implications 2015(continued) - page 58

Zogman:

You're contradicting yourself - the more you read, the more questions you have,

but on the other hand - once you've read it, there are no more questions... ))))))))

ps

there are other questions not about the ECB

1) Is MM gaining a position or not - I think not, most think yes

2) Does MM move the price in the direction he wants or not - I think no, most think yes

3) MM and "smart money" (those who move the price) are the same people - I think not, and most think yes

4) the volume needed to move the price by X pips, this parameter is hardly a constant, but what does it depend on ?

i understand how to make a simple estimate, but not sure that a simple estimate will work

The answer to the first three questions is clear to you. I will answer the last one.

Forex is a big lot of buying and selling. The main thing is to have information about the spread between sell and buy.

new-rena:

You know the answer to the first three questions. I will answer the last one.

Forex is a big lot of buying and selling. To move the price in such a way that the spread remains in the market is no big deal.

just give me a number,

just a number - it takes so many yards to move the price by so many pips ....

ps

on the first three it is NOT clear to me - the right facts, the MM algorithms -- then there will be an understanding,

i think" is my assumption based on different information, but it's not complete.

Ishim:
typing
Can you see ? tell me about Doll)))

Zogman:

say the number,

just a number - it takes so many yards to move the price by so many pips ....

my observation is that the difference between the buy and sell volume of about 1000 CME's (I don't know what it is) torques the price by about 30 pips

However, I've already written in this thread that the CME puts out information with a delay of 10 minutes, so most of the time I've been catching the inertia (residuals) of the move

Zogman:

buy euros for quid,

so if you want to keep the eu against the quid - you have to buy euros and SELL quid - and if you don't have any - what do you do?

and the ECB does not print quid ...

that's the problem ...

Watson, it is elementary, every state bank in the world has gold reserves and if they have to maintain the exchange rate they go to the exchange market and sell gold for quid or tugriks)), but remember even the Swiss franc, when the regulator said that the rate will not drop below that price for three months! They won and bounced back and people made good money on it. They gambled on all the deposits and got 3-5 p's worth of money.

new-rena:
my observation is that the difference between the buy and sell volume is about 1000 volume units on the CME (don't know what it is) pushes the price up about 30 pips

a forex contract is usually 100,000 quid - maybe the CME is the same ?

1,000 * 100,000 = 100 million quid per 30 pips,

I don't think 100 mil shouldn't push that much,

for 40BM the spread (that I see) is just a bit (pips or a couple) bigger than for min. volume

Sen!!! Tell us about the doll... at least we'll have a laugh ))))

Nikolai Romanovskyi:
Watson, any bank in the world has gold reserves and if they want to keep the exchange rate, they go to the exchange and sell gold for dollars or tugriks)), remember the Swiss franc, when the regulator said that the rate will not go lower for three months! They won and bounced back and people made good money on it. They gambled on all the deposits and got 3-5 p's worth of money.

Oh, another know-it-all, full of crap.

Can anybody but me explain this comrade?

Zogman:

Oh, another know-it-all, full of crap.

Is there anyone who can explain this comrade but me?

How can you explain it to me then, and I do not pretend to be a know-it-all)), there's a lot of money made on this nonsense, sir
Files:
image.jpg  283 kb

Zogman:

a forex contract is usually 100,000 quid - maybe the CME is the same ?

1,000 * 100,000 = 100 million quid per 30 pips,

I don't think 100 mil shouldn't push that much,

for 40BM the spread (that I see) is just a bit (pips or a couple) bigger than for min. volume

1000 volume in CME, this is most likely some conventional unit, the dimension of which can be calculated, but I have not done it. You need to know the total volume in money and in ounces of CME volume.
Reason: