The simple breakout strategy - page 4

i usually dont trade at this time but here was a setup see chart

Files:
2_8.gif  26 kb

Hi harold,

earlier at 4 august between 17:15 and 19:00 metatrader time in 15mins chart there was also another short set up, good for 31 pips, i took that one and just gave the profit, your trade in 5mins was the second set up.

Could you please explain how you look for the range using high and low? in the chart i only see a double bottom, but find difficult to see a double top.

Another cable breakout, long cable 15mins triggered at 12.15 1.9084 for 29 pips, top at 11 00 and bottom at 11 45 meta time. It just gave +29 pips, but would like to know harold`s opinion about the setting.

Another cable short 1.9084 triggered at 18:30 for a profit of 20 pips. 15mins chart

as you can see there really is no time zone needed a set up is a setup

two more set ups for cable and euro short both 1.2836 and 1.9058 first good for +12 pips and second +16 in both cases gave even more.

Harold,

in the set up you first look for a high, then a low and then the range? or could be done first the low then the high and the range?

either one just looking fot sideways range

we had a false breakout in cable 15mins 14.45 metatime, then reversed and gave back the loss. Should we always take the reverse in case a failure of breakout?

there is no reason why not thats the beauty of this market consolidates moves sideways a sudden move one way followed by a move the other

Reason: