Wishes for MQL5 - page 62

FOREXMASTER >> :

You can negotiate with your broker about it and place it with him, but you'd probably have to have some serious dough for that...

Gentlemen, make a chart of crosses and zeros (XO), it is very convenient.

Otherwise, all candlesticks and bars.

My 9 kopecks to the collection.

Tester in a separate programme.

Rollover function (i.e. instead of buy it would just open sell).

Collapsibility of procedures not immediately required (debugged) in the editor in 1 line.

Improve multi-currency Expert Advisor's testing.

Get rid of "looking into the future" when testing.

Typed variables.

Simplified work with INI and other typed files from the Expert Advisor.

Possibility of auto-optimizationof the Expert Advis or with specified parameters.

Ability to request data from outside (Internet) (via ftp, rss).

GlucK >> :

Improve the testing of multi-currency EAs.

Get rid of "looking ahead" when testing.

Read the article Tester in MetaTrader 4: It is necessary to know. Then there will be no questions about looking into the future.

GlucK >> :

My 9 kopecks to the whole bundle.

Possibility of auto-optimisation of Expert Advisor with given parameters.

>> this is an interesting suggestion, but not easy. What is the auto-optimization of EAs with preset parameters?

Personally, I'm fine with the current version of the language, the only thing missing is:

• return of multiple values from a function
  • data structures or their analogues.
  • function reloading - you may encounter difficulties without it in typed languages, especially if automatic typecasting doesn't help.
  • debugger

Such features as classes, templates, interfaces are redundant for this language. For most traders (I assume that most of the traders have more humanitarian background than technical), these features are not obvious (but it may play into the hands of those who are going to write scripts for money).

The language must be as simple as possible. I don't respect C++ for its unreasonable complexity (recently it was a fairly optimal solution for most tasks, now for most applications it is unreasonably complicated). For example data and text processing is much more convenient to implement in Python, C#, Ruby...

Here's an example (using pseudo-modified MQL4) to better understand the features I've mentioned:

//Объявление функции с несколькими возвращаемыми условиями
//orderType, takeProfit, magicNumber
int, double, int checkMarketCondition()
{

//Тело функции

return( order, profit);

}

void openOrder( int orderType, double takeProfit, int magicNumber)
{

// ...
    //Разные проверки по вкусу
    // ...

OrderSend(
       Symbol(), orderType, getLot(), getOpenPrice( orderType),
       getSlippage(), getStopLoss(), takeProfit, NULL, 
        magicNumber, 0, Green
    );

// ...
    //Разные проверки по вкусу
    // ...

}

int start()
{

//Тело функции
   openOrder( checkMarketCondition());
   //продолжение функции

return(0);

}

It would be desirable to add to the tester the possibility to change the properties of the symbol.

For example, I make an EA for night trading. However, spreads are different at night and as a result the test performed during the day is not correct. That's why you have to be able to manually set spreads and so on.

nickbilak писал(а) >>
You got it - I want mt5 integrated with dotnet :)

I want one too. Better, of course, that the terminal should be written in .NET2 or higher (but without WPF!). In that case, it is possible to port under Mono to Linux as well.

Then the problem with the debugger is solved - it will not be required in MetaEditor. If we create a strategy tester as a build, we can debug and optimize everything directly from Visual Studio.

However there is a lot of work here - to transfer the terminal from MFC to .NET. Another disadvantage - you will have to download .NET, and all of them. But, as a rule, this is not a problem. Installers are better divided into two - with .NET redistributable and without it.

As an option to make integration with .NET via COM - but I do not envy in this case, programmers - will be bored both with Interop, and building wrappers over everything that is.

But the pluses of this transition are much more. Everyone will be able to expand as he pleases. And there will be fewer frivolous questions - almost everything that people ask about algorithms has been implemented in .NET3.5.

The MQL4 language has done its job.

Many thanks to developers.

I have a very modest whim to be able to test on today's history - a useful thing when pipsing :)

Zet1972 писал(а) >>
I have a very modest wish - to be able to test on today's date history - useful thing when pipsing :)

Well, it's easy now) The end of the test is tomorrow's date and that's it...

Reason: