Petit Pip Eater - page 6

Automated Trading Comp 2007 EA?

This might be the EA used by TeamSky entry in the Automated Trading Championship 2007... That EA also takes 6 pips wins, although the SL is set even higher at 120, and there must be some logic to close losing trades well before hitting the SL

Participant TeamSky - Automated Trading Championship 2007

this type of strategy does work...

I use to do it at oanda back in 2003-2004.. I only used CCI..

I would also up the lots when i got a loss because i never ever loss 2 in a row..

Then i felt that was getting too risky so i entered trades with no SL and only a 10 pip TP.. HAHA

I had nothing but profits for like 8 or 9 months but sometimes i was holding trades for like 3 weeks... then eur/jpy ran away... Infact i had the trades floating in eur/jpy at like -1200 to -1300 pips before i closed them... was a big learning experience... lol

I think that was one of the best systems i ever traded.. AS LONG AS YOU HAVE SL!!! i liked to up the lots on a loss.. but that can be very risky!!

Im going to look into doing this again..

gmax111:
this type of strategy does work...

What kind of strategy? Could you please describe it as exactly as possible?

I tried to write this ea new from the scratch, but there are some elements of the trading logic unknown. It produces too many losing trades. So maybe we can all together improve this ea now we have a source code...

BigBoppa

Files:

The last year eurusd m30 Petit_pips_tsd_001:

now the graph:

Files:

I am making 2% or more each day running it on 24 instances of EUR/USD each hour 24/6 lol...I guess I will take it live in a month or so...

I take the good with the bad and only have had one S/L in the last few days...

I set it for 6 pips during the slow times with a 50 PIP SL...

and 12 pips with a 100 PIP stop loss for the other times...

ES

P.S. It is hilarious to see all those litte charts moving together...surprisingly it does not use a lot of resources from me...

BigBoppa:
What kind of strategy? Could you please describe it as exactly as possible?

I tried to write this ea new from the scratch, but there are some elements of the trading logic unknown. It produces too many losing trades. So maybe we can all together improve this ea now we have a source code...

BigBoppa

This type of strategy meaning a big risk to small reward ratio.. It actually gives your trades a chance to profit..

I actually took an EA i've been working on for a long time and tried this last night... a 10:1 risk reward ratio... and i am getting excellent results...

I have tick by tick data on the 15m from jan-2006(not minute by minute like most people have) and im getting consistent results with a maximum of 2 losses in a row from jan-2006 to today... So what i did is on the losses i martingaled..

for example...

on a 50k account im risking 0.5% per trade which is 0.2 lots with a TP of 10 and SL of 100..

When a Trade loses i multiply the lots by x10 which makes the next trade 2lots with TP of 10 and SL of 100.. So if that trade wins it wins back the previous lose..

If that trade loses i multiply the lot size by x110 which gives us a 22lot trade.. and same thing.. when if that trade wins it wins back all the loses...

but if it loses your basically F'ed..

Now as far as backtesting goes my strategy never loses more then 2 times in a row but anything is possible in the future.. My entries could be better..

Right now my strategy uses Support and Resistance breakouts/bounces and the HMA indicator as a filter.. but that indicator is laggy so im looking for a better indicator to filter the Sup/Res trades..

Besides martingaling about 92% of my trades win and 8% lose so.. (*in the backtests*)

92x10 = 920pips

8x-100 = -800pips

Total Net = 120pips per 100 trades...

So that being said i am here to help with the coding and idea's.. i dont personally like martingaling the loses like this but is seems to be a way to continually profit.. risky risky!!

By the way one other conclusion i have come to is that 98% of the time if you enter a trade randomly somewhere in the market it will eventually profit 10pips... so if you can make your entries a little less random maybe we could have a 99% winning EA of 10pips with a 1% 100pip drawdown...

quite fascinating and you are very brave to post that publically...

I have a little energy in this EA...so I will follow your work...

Thank You

ES

gmax111:
By the way one other conclusion i have come to is that 98% of the time if you enter a trade randomly somewhere in the market it will eventually profit 10pips... so if you can make your entries a little less random maybe we could have a 99% winning EA of 10pips with a 1% 100pip drawdown...

> BigBoppa

Thanks for your coding.

I will try to improve your EA.

Reason: