Question about stop loss

So i have an account with a broker and they have tight spreads on a razor account or something like that,about 0.6 on gbp/usd.

The thing is if I put on a sell stop or a buy stop trade, and the stop loss is say 3 or 4 pips ,when the trade gets triggered it gets closed also ..if i put a 5 pip stop loss then the trade runs it's course and goes to profit or hits the stop loss. 

Why is that ?

1. Do you really expect an answer? We can't see your broken code — we can only guess. There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked.

2. You say 3-4 PIPs. Are you sure of your terminology? A PIP is not a Point or Tick.
              What is a TICK? - MQL4 programming forum

Using Point means code breaks on 4 digit brokers, exotics (e.g. USDZAR where spread is over 500 points,) and metals. Compute what a PIP is and use it, not points.
              How to manage JPY pairs with parameters? - MQL4 programming forum
              Slippage defined in index points - Currency Pairs - Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - MQL5 programming forum

3. You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid. So for buy orders you pay the spread on open. For sell orders you pay the spread on close.
    1. Your buy order's TP/SL (or Sell Stop's/Sell Limit's entry) are triggered when the Bid reaches it. Not the Ask. Otherwise, your SL will be shorter by the spread and your TP is longer. Don't you want the same/specified amount for either direction?
    2. Your sell order's TP/SL (or Buy Stop's/Buy Limit's entry) will be triggered when the Ask reaches it. To trigger at a specific Bid price, add the average spread.
                MODE_SPREAD (Paul) - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #25
    3. The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is (Tools → Options (Control-O) → charts → Show ask line.)

William Roeder:
  1. Do you really expect an answer? We can't see your broken code — we can only guess. There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked.

2. You say 3-4 PIPs. Are you sure of your terminology? A PIP is not a Point or Tick.
              What is a TICK? - MQL4 programming forum

Using Point means code breaks on 4 digit brokers, exotics (e.g. USDZAR where spread is over 500 points,) and metals. Compute what a PIP is and use it, not points.
              How to manage JPY pairs with parameters? - MQL4 programming forum
              Slippage defined in index points - Currency Pairs - Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - MQL5 programming forum

3. You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid. So for buy orders you pay the spread on open. For sell orders you pay the spread on close.
    1. Your buy order's TP/SL (or Sell Stop's/Sell Limit's entry) are triggered when the Bid reaches it. Not the Ask. Otherwise, your SL will be shorter by the spread and your TP is longer. Don't you want the same/specified amount for either direction?
    2. Your sell order's TP/SL (or Buy Stop's/Buy Limit's entry) will be triggered when the Ask reaches it. To trigger at a specific Bid price, add the average spread.
                MODE_SPREAD (Paul) - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #25
    3. The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is (Tools → Options (Control-O) → charts → Show ask line.)

I have to say that there are some weird specimens on this forum...national geographic like

mge0rge:

I have to say that there are some weird specimens on this forum...national geographic like

Useful information that you should somehow try to 'suck up' for better understanding how things work ;)

mge0rge:

So i have an account with a broker and they have tight spreads on a razor account or something like that,about 0.6 on gbp/usd.

The thing is if I put on a sell stop or a buy stop trade, and the stop loss is say 3 or 4 pips ,when the trade gets triggered it gets closed also ..if i put a 5 pip stop loss then the trade runs it's course and goes to profit or hits the stop loss. 

Why is that ?

Provide real data (from a log for example) if you want useful help.

mge0rge:

Why is that ?

may be due to technical issue

Mystery solved - the account was set with 1-1 leverage and there was not enough margin to support the trade . ohh william ...

mge0rge: ohh william ...

Answered in #1.3.1

yes..in a psychedelic way ... thx for trying though ... any answer is better than none
Reason: