Great EA in backtest! - page 83

xxDavidxSxx:
1.88 is an unfinished version. I will not use it. FXspeedster is one of the developers and he said its bugged and not ready for use. I personaly found several things wrong in its code.

can You specify the 'wrong things' You found?

i wonder why 1.88 is still the official version at Cyberia Decisions site.

Dave, thankyou for your continued development of settings.

I tested the .jpy version with the settings you preset in it against the version g2 which I used last week. The new settings returned double the profit of the settings in the g2! DOUBLE! That's significant improvement. Of course this is testing over the same data and timeframe and with maxlot=0.3 so that they are both using the same leverage. Also with this maxlot setting the drawdown on a $343 initial deposit account is only 3% There is nothing scary about that at all.

Watching the two tests run it's not just that one is making more trades, it is also right more often. Something about your new settings is allowing the logic to be right more. That's what I observe. It may also be taking more trades which when it is right more is a good thing This week should be an interesting and more profitable one for all of us running cyberia. It will be really nice to see my small live account actually start to make some progress.

interestingly enough the cost averaging EA that I'm testing for maji also did well last week making $88 in the $500 demo account.

Don't let people get under your skin Dave, not everyone brings the same resources to the table but that's ok, diversity is a good thing in a thinktank. Just keep up the good work and roll with it. Maintain your own discipline in your approach as you are and you're bottom line will reflect the rewards of your diligence.

kalamari:
here You go David,

two backtests,

one with the version You posted - default settings +hours disabled and GMT like in Your tests;

second with the version i use.

data from alpari, tests taken on IBFX real account.

i do not trust in backtests anymore. sry but i will not share Your enthusiasm until i get some longterm fwd testing results close to any of our backtests.

good job....go with it!

Your test with my settings got relitivly same win% as me but 2% better.But less trades. wonder why.

Your settings got outstanding win% at 79% and 40 consecutive wins.

what are the lines in your settings? Is that how you have it in the trader?

if you set auto lots true your profits would look like mine.

At least you show every one I am not the only one that can get great results.

those kind of results warrant putting on real money as we all know demo server and demo price feed is different from real money account.

You might get bad results on demo but same results as tested on real.

When on a real money keep in mind what the maximum # of losses was in a years time if you exceed that # by 4-5 then mabe rethink it.. Plus with IBFX you can trade micro lots right? So you have to risk very little to get real forward data.

Dave

Aaragorn:
Dave, thankyou for your continued development of settings.

I tested the .jpy version with the settings you preset in it against the version g2 which I used last week. The new settings returned double the profit of the settings in the g2! DOUBLE! That's significant improvement. Of course this is testing over the same data and timeframe and with maxlot=0.3 so that they are both using the same leverage. Also with this maxlot setting the drawdown on a $343 initial deposit account is only 3% There is nothing scary about that at all.

Watching the two tests run it's not just that one is making more trades, it is also right more often. Something about your new settings is allowing the logic to be right more. That's what I observe. It may also be taking more trades which when it is right more is a good thing This week should be an interesting and more profitable one for all of us running cyberia. It will be really nice to see my small live account actually start to make some progress.

interestingly enough the cost averaging EA that I'm testing for maji also did well last week making $88 in the $500 demo account.

Don't let people get under your skin Dave, not everyone brings the same resources to the table but that's ok, diversity is a good thing in a thinktank. Just keep up the good work and roll with it. Maintain your own discipline in your approach as you are and you're bottom line will reflect the rewards of your diligence.

Man this is great...you got good results from my setting too. I think some might not be so honest when they say they are using my settings. Just one little thing can be the differance in great results and dumping an account

something about $jpy that really agrees with this EA. I pulles it off euro$ completely. Because the $jpy results made the euro look like crap.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I am so glad you guys got good results as me.

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
what are the lines in your settings? Is that how you have it in the trader?

i've prepared a lite version without filters and without some parts of the 'trade engine' that i do not use. those lines are separators for settings, nothing more.

xxDavidxSxx:

if you set auto lots true your profits would look like mine.

probably yes, but i like to see trades, drowdowns etc in pips and it's easier with constant order size.

xxDavidxSxx:

At least you show every one I am not the only one that can get great results.

i'm getting results like those i posted for a long time, but i can not get similar results on real account in fwd testing.

xxDavidxSxx:
Man this is great...you got good results from my setting too. I think some might not be so honest when they say they are using my settings. Just one little thing can be the differance in great results and dumping an account

something about $jpy that really agrees with this EA. I pulles it off euro$ completely. Because the $jpy results made the euro look like crap.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I am so glad you guys got good results as me.

Dave

Well that is encouraging. I still don't get those results, so I am thinking something wrong on my end. I've checked and re-checked the settings so I will reload all data, re-install MT4 and try again.

kalamari:
i'm getting results like those i posted for a long time, but i can not get similar results on real account in fwd testing.

MT tester is not suitable for CT, only live real trading could give a clear picture.

For example, if you look at your backtest, you will see that the tester opened more than 20 winning trades at one and the same minute - 2006.09.19 09:40.

While it could be great to get such winning preformance in real trading, I suspect it is a little bit difficult.

hey folks...

I wonder why don't you guys use Cyberia v1.88 instead of c1.85?

1.88 worked much better than 1.85 and some "home made" changes seem to polute its functioning, considering the results I have seen so far...

let's not forget that the objective of backtesting is to have profit... and that backtesting, no matter how the model is like the real market, never is like real forward market.

BrazilianTrader:
hey folks...

I wonder why don't you guys use Cyberia v1.88 instead of c1.85?

1.88 worked much better than 1.85 and some "home made" changes seem to polute its functioning, considering the results I have seen so far...

let's not forget that the objective of backtesting is to have profit... and that backtesting, no matter how the model is like the real market, never is like real forward market.

The answer to that is simple:

Not all traders go for the same results as others... Besides i think use the one that is making you money. As long is money is being made, it doesn't matter what version you are using!

My 2 cents,

B

Reason: