Ecn - page 2

mistake..

jimven,

Sorry, I wasnt talking to you, my bad. When I said, just read the above posts, I was typing to someone else from a diff. post. I wasnt realizing that you would read that thinking it was to you. sorry ;bout that.

Anyway, as far as your question about whether this would require a complete rewrite of MT4 programs and custom indicators to make the transition? Or will the transition be much smoother than that? To the first question, I am not sure to be exact. I am pretty bad when it comes to writing computer languages. I would have to find out and let you know tomorrow. But my initial answer is, NO. If I am allowed, I will get more specific for you.

As for the second question, the answer is I certainly hope so. We just launched our new website, which seems like a fairly simple thing to do, but let me tell you, its not. We did it pretty smoothly, so I am hoping we can replicate that experience with this current project. Lets bet on smooth...and cross our fingers!

Enjoy

andy

Talking about rewriting MT4, I read a number of questions about how much works needed to complete transitions. Well, as C#/C++ programmer, I think this MQL4 language should be easily translated to C# for .Net application under a defined template if we used API with EFXGroup. At least there should be needed to write a template code for bridging between MQL4 and API interfacing with EFXGroup.

Jeff

hi

fxtrader625:
Talking about rewriting MT4, I read a number of questions about how much works needed to complete transitions. Well, as C#/C++ programmer, I think this MQL4 language should be easily translated to C# for .Net application under a defined template if we used API with EFXGroup. At least there should be needed to write a template code for bridging between MQL4 and API interfacing with EFXGroup. Jeff

That's right bridging is a solution but to eliminate more trouble regarding connection we should integrating it ....if we could ....just my 2 cent

Waiting for ECN with MT4 inside

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

I've heard that currenex (or one of their IBs) already build a bridge between their platform and Mt4. But they have to send SL and TP orders separate from sending a buy/sell order. Maybe you can pep at their code

note. I believe currenex is an ECN broker too, am I right?

EFXandy:
Devil2000 – Currenex is not a broker but a technology that brokers use.

Jimven – This was given to me by our VP of Technology:

“There will not be a direct conversion between MT4 EAs and our scripted trading system. However, rewriting those systems should be fairly straight-forward and easy, and we will be providing a lot of help. That is all that I can say at the moment.”

If what you say is true, I'm sure I could handle it. It would be best if there were pretty much a one-to-one correspondence between the various code statements and functions. Also, testing the code live on a demo system would be essential.

agreed...

I agree with what you say about testing on a live demo. However, I am more skeptical than most traders when it comes to testing ANYTHING on a demo platform. Brokers really should do more to let clients know that demo platforms, while VERY VERY CLOSE to the live market, are not the exact same. For instance, most demo platforms are on different servers than their live accounts. Another big difference is that in live trading, there is a line of people waiting to get filled at certain prices. In demo trading, once your price is touched, you get filled...thus giving your strategy FALSE POSITIVES.

As you know, traders do not trade the same in demo as they do in live. I have seen traders hold $10K losers in demo, and then puke positions in live when they are down $25 real $$$s.

What are you thoughts?

Andy

lol

you are not the only one!

EFXandy:
I agree with what you say about testing on a live demo. However, I am more skeptical than most traders when it comes to testing ANYTHING on a demo platform. Brokers really should do more to let clients know that demo platforms, while VERY VERY CLOSE to the live market, are not the exact same. For instance, most demo platforms are on different servers than their live accounts. Another big difference is that in live trading, there is a line of people waiting to get filled at certain prices. In demo trading, once your price is touched, you get filled...thus giving your strategy FALSE POSITIVES.

As you know, traders do not trade the same in demo as they do in live. I have seen traders hold $10K losers in demo, and then puke positions in live when they are down $25 real $$$s.

What are you thoughts?

Andy

Well, I have no confidence in backtesting, as it give totally different results from live testing. So demo testing is the best thing available. Without that, all testing would pretty much be with real money. So what are the alternatives? I think demo testing is the best we've got and is an important tool for EA development.

As for trading differently on a demo...yes, I don't mind sustaining losers when I'm testing an idea or concept. Sometimes I just want to see what happens. Backtesting with your mind on a chart doesn't give a very good picture of reality. You've got to try things.

But my objective remains to end up with a winning EA. I've had some really bad demo days due to bugs in my code. I don't want to have them with my real money!

I know that getting filled with low volume might result in a delay. That's the breaks, I guess. Do you have any further comment on the problems of getting filled... With an ECN, how much can the spread be affected?

I appreciate your contribution!

Reason: