Phoenix is here! - page 8

I am running it on StrategyBulderfx which is at GMT+2.

time zone and demo platform

Hi Hendrick, I know this has been addressed before but I am still confused. Would it be correct to assume that if I am using Phoenix on a demo account from Neuimex but my time zone is completely different from yours then I would still be using the same gmt because we are using the same demo platform? I hope that makes sense. Thanks for all of your hardwork on Phoenix!

goldensight:
Hi Hendrick, I know this has been addressed before but I am still confused. Would it be correct to assume that if I am using Phoenix on a demo account from Neuimex but my time zone is completely different from yours then I would still be using the same gmt because we are using the same demo platform? I hope that makes sense. Thanks for all of your hardwork on Phoenix!

No. The time-filters are Local Times. So you have to convert them to your own Time-Zone. Hope this helps!

Okay, understood now, thank you!

Hendrick:
No. The time-filters are Local Times. So you have to convert them to your own Time-Zone. Hope this helps!

Time calculation..

Hendrick:

Hi Hendrick,

Just to clarify about the time. In your code, you calculate the time based on LocalTime(). If I am not mistaken, LocalTime() will return GMT. I am using NorthFinance which is GMT+2, so let's look at the testing.

I print LocalTime(), by adding a line in the code:

Comment("Local Time= ",TimeHour(LocalTime()));

The result of doing that, it shows Local Time= 16.

I am in Malaysia, which is GMT+8. The time now is 00:40 July 14th. NorthFinance time is now 19:40 July 13th. So, if we calculate that, we will know that LocalTime() in Phoenix returns GMT, not NorthFinance's time (GMT+2).

Now I am confused as of what time to put in the time filter hahaha.. Well, I guess it's time for more testing!

p/s: Hendrick, Phoenix gave me more pips then FireBirdv63H02 today. I ran the test simultaneously on one machine, running two MetaTrader, using different demo account on NorthFinance. I started both of them at the same time, and if needed, I shut them down at the same time also. Excellent EA Hendrick!

-RJ1-

RJ1:
Hi Hendrick,

Just to clarify about the time. In your code, you calculate the time based on LocalTime(). If I am not mistaken, LocalTime() will return GMT. I am using NorthFinance which is GMT+2, so let's look at the testing.

I am in Malaysia, which is GMT+8. The time now is 00:40 July 14th. NorthFinance time is now 19:40 July 13th. So, if we calculate that, we will know that LocalTime() in Phoenix returns GMT, not NorthFinance's time (GMT+2).

Now I am confused as of what time to put in the time filter hahaha.. Well, I guess it's time for more testing!

p/s: Hendrick, Phoenix gave me more pips then FireBirdv63H02 today. I ran the test simultaneously on one machine, running two MetaTrader, using different demo account on NorthFinance. I started both of them at the same time, and if needed, I shut them down at the same time also. Excellent EA Hendrick!

-RJ1-

I think northfinance is gmt+3

RJ1:
Hi Hendrick,

-RJ1-

Hi,

I'm confused to! If I try your comment in Phoenix it gives back my Local Time. I realy don't understand why it's giving you Local Time=16!! One of the other members has a solution???

rzamany:
I think northfinance is gmt+3

Yeah correct, GMT+3. Thanx rzamany. Anyway, the argument is still valid, which is the LocalTime() in Phoenix returns GMT time, not our local time where our PC is currently running.

Hendrick, could you verify that the time in Phoenix refers to GMT? Thanx!

-RJ1-

RJ1:
Yeah correct, GMT+3. Thanx rzamany. Anyway, the argument is still valid, which is the LocalTime() in Phoenix returns GMT time, not our local time where our PC is currently running.

Hendrick, could you verify that the time in Phoenix refers to GMT? Thanx!

-RJ1-

NF is GMT +2!!!

Reason: