Phoenix is here! - page 6

cgldsmth:
pheonix EA won't open trades for me, I just keep getting "error opening BUY/SELL order: 131" in the experts tab. help!

You have MM=true and your broker don't accept lot-sizes like 0.24. Try MM=false and set Lots to something like 0.2.

Hendrick:
I just discovered something very interesting! I have another EA I made: Thailand. Thailand is based on a really simple concept: the cross of a SMA 2 and a SMA 15 (PRICE_CLOSE) on a 30M chart. Very suitable for a trending market (SL=42, no TP and a TS of 18). When Phoenix had a tough time in the volatile market of today, Thailand did very well. And the other way round: when Phoenix is doing very well in ranging market, Thailand lost its way. So I have to discover the "switch" to turn Phoenix into Thailand and vice versa. I will implement the " switch" and Thailand in version 2 of Phoenix. Stay tuned! (This function will replace the " Surf" function).

Hendrick,

Here is an idea. Why re-invent the wheel? Why not combine UniversalMACross with Phoenix? I mean, UniversalMACross has so many features and FireDave has done a great job with that, and since Firebird (Phoenix) also uses MA, why not just add what you have from Phoenix into UniversalMACross and make a good marriage?

Just a thought.

hajeer04:
my freind hendrick. i want ask you ??? i used the phoenix expert with my demo its wrking nice but i found that the expert took 24 lot and more why ...if you know tell me what to do to solve this issue. thankx alote

Hi Hajeer04,

I think it is because you have MoneyManagement (MM) set to true, and your demo account equity is big (If not mistaken, you have a 500K account). That is why you get 24 or 26 lots open. Moneymanagement will look at your equity and lots will be determined by the percentage of that equity. If your equity is huge, the trading lots will be big.

-RJ1-

holyguy7:
Hendrick,

Here is an idea. Why re-invent the wheel? Why not combine UniversalMACross with Phoenix? I mean, UniversalMACross has so many features and FireDave has done a great job with that, and since Firebird (Phoenix) also uses MA, why not just add what you have from Phoenix into UniversalMACross and make a good marriage?

Just a thought.

Good idea! I had the same and was already started to combine these two. Will try to finish it in the weekend. Thanks.

Hendrick tnx alot for your good work. I have same problem. I set the MM=false and set the lot=0.1 but there is some problem. It opens position in some pairs 0.3 lot and in some pairs have error 134

omid650:
Hendrick tnx alot for your good work. I have same problem. I set the MM=false and set the lot=0.1 but there is some problem. It opens position in some pairs 0.3 lot and in some pairs have error 134

Hi,

Can you send me your logfile and the settings you use?

hello hendrick

I change setting for micro account but phonix does not work in micro account

thanks

rzamany:
hello hendrick

I change setting for micro account but phonix does not work in micro account

thanks

Hi,

Can you please give me some more information? Did you get error-messages (see your log-files). Are you using MM=true. Do you have the same problem when you use MM=false. How large is your account and with which broker?

Hendrick:
Hi, Can you please give me some more information? Did you get error-messages (see your log-files). Are you using MM=true. Do you have the same problem when you use MM=false. How large is your account and with which broker?

i use mm=false and 0.01 lot and account micro is true.

i do not get error message but does not give any position

do you use phonix in micro account?

Phoenix v1.0 IBFX Strategy Tester Report

Attached is backtest results for almost 4 weeks. The major change was tp=120 and sl=130. My local time is GMT -4.

If we could get $3,000+ profit per month with $5000 deposit on Live acct., we will all be .

Wackena

Reason: