Phoenix is here! - page 3

beautiful code

Hendrick:
Hi, I never use backtesting. There are too many functions in this EA that backtesting can't handle. The only thing that's left is forward testing.

well I don't understand that either but I'll take your word for it...

I get to say one more thing...

I have a new appreciatiation for such clean code. With my struggles to learn how to program when I looked at this code it was like a breath of fresh air...

I hope I can learn to make code this clean someday.

nice Job

Yes, clarification please? Hendricks Manual says the opposite to use your own local time not the brokers? so if we can have a definitive answer that would be great,

Thanks again for Phoenix Hendrick!!

Time Settings

Ok guys, Here is a pic of my time settings, Now I live down under & currently i'm +9 Gmt, I have setup my Time Zones in accordance to Hendricks setting.

right now pheonix is trading & my Time right now is 13:20 yet I don't see why I should be trading when none of my Trade From & Trade To parameters allow me to do so.

Therefore I think We must use the brokers time instead.

Jorgka

Files:
time.gif  21 kb

Hi Jorgka,

I'm from Down under as well, hence why I was interested in your post

I'm from Melbourne, my broker is north finance and their time is GMT-3 (Cyprus) so I guess I need to enter these in to the EA?

I'm sure hendrick will see this and clarify it for us

Out of Safe Zone Observation

Thank you Hendrick for your Phoenix. I have been following thread for awhile and am now testing forward on GBPUSD 15m. I have observed that when pricing is outside Firebird safe channel it sets up nicely with an Inverse Fisher at 5 & 9 settings. This may be an ideal "out of channel" play for Phoenix. I will continue to monitor. Please give me your impression. Nice job with this!

safire25, I'm from BruceVegas so it's not hard to guess where I'm from. Are local times right now for us are the same between Mel & Bris. Yes I will wait to hear back from Hendrick. I use Fxdd

Jorgka

May The Heavens Shower pips on us all

Fisher transform

Is that the Inverse Fisher Transform of RSI indicator your using. or another inverse fisher indicator, Please post a pic as it says a thousand words.

Jorgka

can we create a new thread where everybody shows their results on Phoenix forward test. I'm starting today the Phoenix EA. Good Job Hedrick.

Wallaa!

AZBOfin:
Hendrick,

It's not that big of a deal (just cosmetics) but there is a difference in the bulls/bears power calculation between the EA and the Indicator.

the ea uses a 20 average period and the indicator 13.

AZBOfin

Yes.. you're right. I will look at this. Thanks.

jorgka:
Nice work Hendrick, although have one minor issue to point out.

When using EA's guys YOU MUST USE THE BROKERS TIME, Not your local PC time. Brokers time will vary from broker to broker so please workout the GMT +2 & also take note amsterdam could be GMT+1 or GMT+2 depends on daylight saving.

Now I might be wrong but I never use my local time input into EA's as in the past it's always used my metatrader / Brokers time. can we get clarification on this please just so were all singing & dancing trading ON THE RIGHT TIMES.

Jorgka

May the Heavens shower pips on us all

Hi,

Let me explain: in the past I made an overview of the times when trades were opened by Firebird and noticed that during some times of the day Firebird did much better than during other times. These times (the times that trades were opened) are Local Times. My advice: let Phoenix run for 24 hours and make yourself an overview of winners and losers and the time when these orders were opened and try to determine which parts of the day are more successful than other parts.

Reason: