Phoenix is here! - page 18

JoZo:
Really don't know why is so hard for you to put the right trading time in the EA. Think that Hendrick is using Phoenix with NF, so test it there.

Hope this will help you.

Please got to this post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

Have a nice day

Hey JoZo

Are you always so rude to those who put the food in your mouth ???

What an arrogance of yours! You are using TraderSeven's ideas for trading and at the same time you type such an unqualified and rude statement.

Shame on you !

AZBOfin

AZBOfin:
Hey JoZo

Are you always so rude to those who put the food in your mouth ???

What an arrogance of yours! You are using TraderSeven's ideas for trading and at the same time you type such an unqualified and rude statement.

Shame on you !

AZBOfin

Hi,

I'm not using Phoenix, don't like this EA and I'm not rude. I only wanted to help him. I haven't understood well what he wanted to say so that's my fall. I have apologized to him so I really don't want to fight with you in this thread, Ok?

OK.

AZBOfin

AZBOfin:
TraderSeven:

Good to see you here.

I'd like to take the opportunity and thank you for your outstanding work with the Firebird EA - an impressive concept indeed.

I was using the Firebird EA on and off over the last few months. In general the returns were good but if s*** hit the fan.... well it wasn't so good

Henrick did a terrific job in adapting the Firebird and let the Phoenix raise.

Sometimes it just need a fresh pair of eyes and a couple of new ideas

Good job - both of you !!!

AZBOfin

I didn't really have the time to give Phoenix a good test.

But I did check the thread and testing reports.

They look good. But still I don't trust...

Don't see that as an insult. I'm just old and have learned big money doesn't come easy. I really, really hope Phoenix has no hidden weakness like Firebird.

But my bet is on Hendrick. He's such a good coder that he can even decode my spaghetti code. I'm not a coder and it simple got to complex for me.

It was my 1st EA ever. I started it with fairly clean code. Then I started new idea, bugfixes etc. Result a mess.

I think Hendrick secretly withouts Phoenix version 6 from us.

A 3 week holiday. You must have a really good EA to afford that

A bit more about trading times. Not about inputs this time

The reason EA's work better at some times of the day is due to volume.

The lower the timeframe the more important that gets.

Heavy volume you have when one or two homemarkets of the pair are in bussiness hours. On EURUSD it are the EU and US banks that cause the volume. Not us traders with 3 microlots

And banks are mainly 9-5 traders.

http://www.forextradingusa.com/forex-markets.htm

http://www.refcofx.com/education/currency-pairs/market-hours.html;jsessionid=ENIGDDAHMPOK

http://www.4xmadeeasy.com/ABOUT/time_chart.html

There is also a chart about DST but I can't locate that.

It shows that during the change between summer and winter time things get out of sync for a while. (not all countries switch at teh same time)

That make banking and server time hours possible diffrent from what you are used on your local time.

I also enclosed a little indicator someone coded for me.

You have to enter the banking hours in the input window according to the URLs listed above.

When there is no line none of the markets of the pair are open. Light trading only.

When there is a line heavy trading is going on. Bussines hours of the currencies home.

When the center is another colour the banks have overlapping bussiness hours.

That can mean very heavy trading.

Files:
days.mq4  5 kb

Wackena:
I started 2 demos on Phoenix v2.1 on July 19 ~16:30 GMT on eur/usd, gbp/usd, usd/jpy, usd/chf, aud/usd, eur/gbp, eur/jpy. $5.000 Demos and MM=true, WantToGamble=true.

1st demo - tp=60, sl=55, ts=18. Same timefilters as Hendirck set to EST.

6 wins - no loses - 1 breakeven. Profit = $279.74. (it should be noted that for the 1st 14 hours, I was only running eur/usd, gbp/usd, usd/jpy, usd/chf)

2nd demo - tp=18, sl=42, ts=0. Same timefilters.

8 wins - no loses. Profit = $305.05

What I find interesting about using the ts is that when it can, it adjusts the sl to a point above the Buy entry point or below the Sell entry point. When successful in doing this by the OrderModify function, it makes sure of profits on that order. On Demo 1 above, the 6 wins consist of 5 sl profits and 1 tp profit. COOL.

Wackena

Hi TraderSeven. I'm a great admirer of your work on Firebird.

Attached are result files from both Demos. ...Phoenixv2.1-2 file is the 2nd Demo above. Profits on both demos are up. Demo 1 Profit $293.74 and Demo 2 profit is $462.24.

So far, not bad.

Wackena

Files:

Wackena:

Are you using the SafePipsDistance and SafeArea settings or did you turn those off?

I have turned those off, timefilter is on, no gabling though and UseCloseSignal=false. TP18, SL42 TS0

During the past 24 hours I booked 13 trades over 9 pairs, 11 winners, 2 loosers.

Not bad indeed but only time will tell.

AZBOfin

AZBOfin:
Wackena:

Are you using the SafePipsDistance and SafeArea settings or did you turn those off?

I have turned those off, timefilter is on, no gabling though and UseCloseSignal=false. TP18, SL42 TS0

During the past 24 hours I booked 13 trades over 9 pairs, 11 winners, 2 loosers.

Not bad indeed but only time will tell.

AZBOfin

AZBOfin,

UseSafePips=true

I using settings as recommended by Hendrick.

Wackena

Hello Hendrick

Thanks for your good job and thanks again for sharing it .

I am able to do back test , but not by MT tester , by my own written expert that do it tick by tick and 1m chart based . The results are same as forward test .

Please discouse what do your expert inputs in a sentence for every of them .

This will allow me to costemize it and find the best settings.

I will share you results too.

Best Regards

PZH

pzh:
Hello Hendrick

Thanks for your good job and thanks again for sharing it .

I am able to do back test , but not by MT tester , by my own written expert that do it tick by tick and 1m chart based . The results are same as forward test .

Please discouse what do your expert inputs in a sentence for every of them .

This will allow me to costemize it and find the best settings.

I will share you results too.

Best Regards

PZH

Have you tried to do a backtest with MT and with your own program and which is the difference?

Thanks

Reason: