Coding help - page 163

fareastol:
Hi Mladen

I'm using an indicator Level Sensor, that helps to identify market profile within defined bar range. It's introduced at here : Level Sensor - MQL4 Code Base

In using, I firstly run this indicator to have general view of market profile, then I subjectively select a specific price band based on that profile, and MANUALLY estimate POC (point of control) as well as VA (Value Area) for my selected price band. Could you please help me to overcome that manual estimation step, and give precise value of POC and VA in comment or text ?!

Thanks deeply!

fareastol

fareastol

Without some math rules that would define how the POC an VA area can be identified, it is not possible to do that. First step towards such estimation must be a math rule (model)

refer #1618, many thanks to mladen, you are Great.

I study the code, and i still has some issues need to solve: (1) is it max up to seven symbols(because maximum 8 buffers allowed?), because i see one buffer is already reserved to use for calculating cci itself, other buffers for calculate the moving average of it?(2)if i use icustom function ,is it change to for example: CCI_idt = iCustom(NULL, 0, "SampleInd",13,1,0)? (3)if i use stochastic,which have 2 lines, is it change to iStochastic(NULL,0,5,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_SIGNAL,0)), is it i change the last zero digit to 0 or 1 to either show the main line or signal line?

(4)If i specially want to show EURUSD, can i directly write as CCI_idt = iCCI("EURUSD",0,CCI_Period,applied_price,i) inside the code but without change any other code in your new made indicator on #1618 or the Extern string input symbol?

(5)Most importantly, if i want really to do case 3 task(example: r1+r2/2) to have further average or other simple calcuation case4(e.g. 0.3*symbolA+0.7*symbolB) using different symbols inside each averaged cci bufferCCI_idx1 ( as show in my CCI TEST again.mq4 on #1615 already,show my case 3 intention there or the new attached version here show simple case 3 & case 4), i do not know how to do or incorporate in your new made indicator on #1618, could you kindly give a demo so that i can try the rest myself, i need your help, many thanks.

PS: to help illustrate my sayings, please see attached here. in simple saying, case3 & 4 is doing one more simple calculation within each buffer space inside using further other symbols

hi mladen,

continue to #1622 above, to illustrate in more simple and clear way and my intention or intend its function(like mtf,non restrict symbol internally or externall or locally,buffers issue,nonrepaint,refresh problem etc.), please refer to the attachment, you will know what i mean clearly.

i cannot done myself, could you demo, i do the rest? Many thanks for kind help.

kenwa

I told that that indicator can show up to 8 symbols and that is what I meant

All you need to do it (all the parts doing that) are already in the indicator that I posted at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174385/page108

Pay attention to this part of the code and what is it doing :

if (!calculateValue)

{

checkSymbol(limit,ForSymbol1,CCI_idx1);

checkSymbol(limit,ForSymbol2,CCI_idx2);

checkSymbol(limit,ForSymbol3,CCI_idx3);

return(0);

}

It can not be made simpler. Please study what is done by those few lines of code and it will be clear then how can you have 8 (not 7) values of 8 different symbols displayed by that indicator

regards

mladen:
fareastol Without some math rules that would define how the POC an VA area can be identified, it is not possible to do that. First step towards such estimation must be a math rule (model)

Thanks for your consideration Mladen!

Herebelow is my description of how I estimate POC and VA:

1) The input parameter

//---- initial input parameters in the indicator

extern int MAX_HISTORY=500;

extern int STEP=1;

- I intend to add 2 more parameters : Local_High and Local_Low, both with initial values equal zero (0). After apply the indicator first time, I would fill in these 2 added parameters my subjective specific values (within Highest High and Lowest Low of market profile), that would be target base to calculate POC and VA.

2) How I estimate POC and VA

- Theory Base : Market Profile and TPO, from Steidlmayer and current common applications (more reference at Market profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

- At present I manually estimate POC and VA area by following rules :

• - Within a given price band (limit by Local_High and Local_Low above), I will call Target Band
  • - POC = price level has maximum volume (or maximum frequency of transactions at this level)
  • - VA (High_bound and Low_bound) = the area around POC that has its volume (or frequency) accounted for 70% of Target Band's total volume (or total frequency)
  • - if market profile of Target Band is not normal distribution, priority in calculate VA would be for dimension has larger accumulated volume (or frequency)

If my above description has any point unclear, please feedback. I would try another chance. Much thanks for your help Mladen !

mladen:
kenwa

I told that that indicator can show up to 8 symbols and that is what I meant

All you need to do it (all the parts doing that) are already in the indicator that I posted at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174385/page108

Pay attention to this part of the code and what is it doing :

if (!calculateValue)

{

checkSymbol(limit,ForSymbol1,CCI_idx1);

checkSymbol(limit,ForSymbol2,CCI_idx2);

checkSymbol(limit,ForSymbol3,CCI_idx3);

return(0);

}

It can not be made simpler. Please study what is done by those few lines of code and it will be clear then how can you have 8 (not 7) values of 8 different symbols displayed by that indicator

regards

Sorry, i can only understand about 20-25% the code meaning i only know copy and paste.

i still have issues do not know how to do.

can your indicator automatically recognise Null, or extern input symbol or pre-set symbol pre-input inside? second, if for example USDCHF, USDCAD, USDJPY,etc if i want to see CHF, CAD , JPY can the CCI buffer allow me to made inverse, since some currencies are inversely pricing. it seems only allow see normal pricing symbol, also i do not know how to incorporate doing some extra simple mathematic calculation with your indicator, actually what i want is very simple, and show in the indicator in https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174385 (#1623 )the core code structure is not mine, i copy from other sources before, but it is what i want it to do, just it has serious repaint and refresh problem. Hope you can offer kind help not feeling too troublesome from my request. Many thanks.

kenwa:
Sorry, i can only understand about 20-25% the code meaning i only know copy and paste.

i still have issues do not know how to do.

can your indicator automatically recognise Null, or extern input symbol or pre-set symbol pre-input inside? second, if for example USDCHF, USDCAD, USDJPY,etc if i want to see CHF, CAD , JPY can the CCI buffer allow me to made inverse, since some currencies are inversely pricing. it seems only allow see normal pricing symbol, also i do not know how to incorporate doing some extra simple mathematic calculation with your indicator, actually what i want is very simple, and show in the indicator in https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174385 (#1623 )the core code structure is not mine, i copy from other sources before, but it is what i want it to do, just it has serious repaint and refresh problem. Hope you can offerkind help not feeling too troublesome from my request. Many thanks.

kenwa

As far as your questions are concerned. Here is a post that can be used as a starting point and that you might find helpful in solving the questions you have : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172969/page2

You will find it very informative and that almost all the questions you are asking are already answered there

As of the rest : you can use the indicator I posted as a kind of a template (or a frame) since it does not have any repainting probles at all. Combined with the information from the lessons at that post, I think that you will be able to do what you need in no time at all

hi mladen,

your code to me is too profound to understand & incorporate my intended functions says on #1623, this is out of my ability for me to apply or incorporate as my template as a outsider . Even i study any course, i can only understand some fractions, cannot do much actually. really hope you could help.

kenwa:
hi mladen, your code to me is too profound to understand & incorporate my intended functions says on #1623, this is out of my ability for me to apply or incorporate as my template as a outsider . Even i study any course, i can only understand some fractions, cannot do much actually. really hope you could help.

kenwa

All you have to do is replace a call to iCCI() with iStochastic() and supply appropriate parameters as external parameters (if I understand correctly what do you need in that code)

Malden sir can u code me a indicator for renko charts plzz

Reason: