Coding help - page 162

kenwa:
hi mladen, thanks so much,refer to above, how if your mtf if write in non-mtf version be? i cannot modified myself due to my kindergarten coding level. by the way, because you seems used up 2 buffers to calculate, but mt4 only allow 8 buffers maximum is it?if i want to like the attached reference indicator (which is in no way a good indicator (has bugs inside i think, not so workable in live)), just for your reference, it can show 7 symbols at the same time, not necessary currency or any symbols i want input myself externally, (i think superimpose the same indicator in sw is not work as the vertical scale is not fix there) how you can help me create a cci mtf one like the one of reference indicator (not necessary so complex, but has similar functions?) Many thanks again for kind help.
You have two solutions :
- either make your own functions that will calculate the averages and will not use buffers for that but arrays (that is the more complicated way)

- or make an indicator that will call the cci mtf using iCustom() call in which case it doe snot matter how many buffers does the called indicator uses

mladen:
You have two solutions :
- either make your own functions that will calculate the averages and will not use buffers for that but arrays (that is the more complicated way)

- or make an indicator that will call the cci mtf using iCustom() call in which case it doe snot matter how many buffers does the called indicator uses

Hi mladen,

sorry i do not know how to do, could you kindly demo two or three symbols inside once you have time, so that i can do it myself for your two solutions, many many thanks for

help.

kenwa:
Hi mladen,

sorry i do not know how to do, could you kindly demo two or three symbols inside once you have time, so that i can do it myself for your two solutions, many many thanks for

help.

kenwa

I recommend you this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173108 to get more info about using iCustom() function (that would be the second solution I mentioned). With it (using iCustom() calls) you can build multi symbol indicators (like the ones that you are planing to build)

chart background colour change

I thought I'd posted this last week but it must not have taken as I cannot find it.

The indictor is the 'CCI fdoehpp' (attached) but I do not have the MQ4 folder - altough it is a Forex-TSD indicator.

As it is such a good indicator, can it be used to copy the colours to the background of the chart? Like a 'zone' indicator?

The indicator is probably the best I have seen so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Files:
cci_fdoehpp.ex4  19 kb

Hi mladen,

i read your refer webpages, actually not very understand the inside knowledge, i just know copy and paste some codes, cannot classified as a beginner coder. i try my very best already to do what i want, but has many errors. i attached here for your look.i show three cases inside already, please if have time have a look and let it workable, by the way, if it like that , will signals repaint past or any cannot refresh issue ?can it be fixed? remark : your CCI is your previous made indicator, rename to fit the icustom inside.Many thanks for help.

Files:

Hi Mladen

I'm using an indicator Level Sensor, that helps to identify market profile within defined bar range. It's introduced at here : Level Sensor - MQL4 Code Base

In using, I firstly run this indicator to have general view of market profile, then I subjectively select a specific price band based on that profile, and MANUALLY estimate POC (point of control) as well as VA (Value Area) for my selected price band. Could you please help me to overcome that manual estimation step, and give precise value of POC and VA in comment or text ?!

Thanks deeply!

fareastol

TEAMTRADER:
I thought I'd posted this last week but it must not have taken as I cannot find it.

The indictor is the 'CCI fdoehpp' (attached) but I do not have the MQ4 folder - altough it is a Forex-TSD indicator.

As it is such a good indicator, can it be used to copy the colours to the background of the chart? Like a 'zone' indicator?

The indicator is probably the best I have seen so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

ex4 can not be changed. Sorry

kenwa:
Hi mladen, i read your refer webpages, actually not very understand the inside knowledge, i just know copy and paste some codes, cannot classified as a beginner coder. i try my very best already to do what i want, but has many errors. i attached here for your look.i show three cases inside already, please if have time have a look and let it workable, by the way, if it like that , will signals repaint past or any cannot refresh issue ?can it be fixed? remark : your CCI is your previous made indicator, rename to fit the icustom inside.Many thanks for help.

kenwa

Here is this version. It can calculate 3 different symbols and it is a multi time frame already

If you take a look at the code you will see that it is very easy to extend it to calculate up to 8 symbols, but that I leave to you to do

Definitely not a THV and is a variation of the CCI-13 but without the MT4 code it makes things difficult.

If the indicator is brought up on screen it says 13 CCI and the CCI-Zone set to 13 produces exactly the same chart background.

The huge advantage the CCI fdoehpp has is that there are 'danger' zones contained within the indicator, the grey zones. This is what I wanted to reproduce on screen.

I've searched everywhere for the code but without success.

TEAMTRADER

mladen:
As far as I see it is not a cci but a thv t3 trix. You should search some of the variations of thv trix

TEAMTRADER:
Definitely not a THV and is a variation of the CCI-13 but without the MT4 code it makes things difficult.

If the indicator is brought up on screen it says 13 CCI and the CCI-Zone set to 13 produces exactly the same chart background.

The huge advantage the CCI fdoehpp has is that there are 'danger' zones contained within the indicator, the grey zones. This is what I wanted to reproduce on screen.

I've searched everywhere for the code but without success.

TEAMTRADER

TEMTRADER

See the following picture (the highlighted part and what does it say there).

That is a picture of a simple text viewer (you can see that even with notepad in lack of something else), and that is what is written in the file itself. The name of the ex4 is, obviously, a renamed one

Files:
thv_trix.gif  44 kb
Reason: