Calculation of the slope angle of the trend line. - page 5

Renat Akhtyamov:

Same thing.

Same thing? Like the unintelligent finally figured it out?

Did you see that the trend line has a price? And most importantly, they showed you how the angle of the line changes with the scale.

Renat Akhtyamov:

????

And the name of the branch?

Ha,

"typo."

))))

There's no word for "type" in Russian.

Type is from the Greek "pattern." The root is "type." When used as a word "like", it is used in the genitive: "type".

So, you're highlighting your own illiteracy for nothing. If you write with mistakes - write, no one will say a word. But when you start pointing at supposedly foreign ones, don't screw up your own

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Same thing? Like the unintelligent finally figured it out?

Did you see that the trend line has a price? And most importantly, you were shown how the angle of the line changes with the scale.

))))

What changed, the angle?

So what? Did the price move differently, at a different angle, after you played with the scale?

Maybe we should turn the monitor upside down and recalculate the angle.

What a load of crap...

I'll stop talking to you at this point.

There's a second one below. Also not interested.

Don't get me wrong. A programmer and a trader who writes software for himself with the purpose of practical application are two completely different people

One is in freelancing, the other in the market

Renat Akhtyamov:

))))

What's changed there - the angle?

So? Did the price move differently, at a different angle, after we played with the scale?

Maybe we should turn the monitor upside down and recalculate the angle?

What a load of crap...

Go watch Zadornov...

There's a second one below. Also not interesting.

Don't get me wrong. A programmer and a trader who writes programs for himself, with the purpose of practical application, are two completely different people

Some are freelancing, others are in the market.

Angle? Do you know what the angle is? Maybe you should turn your brain inside out? Zadornov is resting next to you and smoking nervously, so I'm better here.

Where's down there? Did you get the top and the bottom mixed up?

Programmer and trader. You've written your own verdict. Maybe you should, you know better than that.

Renat Akhtyamov:

))))

What's changed - the angle?

So? Did the price move differently, at a different angle, after we played with the scale?

Maybe we should turn the monitor upside down and recalculate the angle.

What a load of crap...

Well, you should.

If I were you - should clarify the problem.

You were shown two images - the price is the same, and the angle is completely different. You're asking - how to calculate the angle of the trend. But you've been repeatedly told - the angle can be any. Which is shown on the pictures.

And they are trying to show you that the angle of the trend has no angle - it is a result of chart drawing. It's even for illustration and just to make you think - they've offered you a reverse task...

But instead of thinking about it and if you don't understand it, you start some really complicated school debates.

That's how you'll be stopped communicating with you too - you won't get an answer to your question.

The task is to digitally determine the slope angle, it is based on the prices of already closed candles, for a particular strategy to work. Does the price of closed candlesticks change as the chart scale changes, or does the slope of the moving average change as the scale changes? Numerically nothing changes. It's like saying that with the zoom in the price went from the top to the bottom of the screen, if you zoom out the price is almost like a straight line. But did the price change as a result of zooming in?

As usual in the roux zone - confusing everyone and getting bogged down in philology themselves...

1. The MT chart has slope angles and they can be measured in degrees or whatever

2. When you change scale, the units of horizontal and vertical in MT are scaled unequally - a square will become a rectangle, an isosceles triangle will not have 45° angles

3. Therefore visually and in degrees the angle becomes different when scaled, although the reference points do not change

4. A simple and mathematically sound method to get rid of degree illusions:

George Merts:

The slope of the trendline is measured either in price per bar or price per unit of time.

Vladimir Zubov:
The task is to digitally determine the angle of slope, it is constructed on the basis of prices of already closed candlesticks, for a particular strategy to work. Does the price of closed candlesticks change as the chart scale changes, or does the slope of the moving average change as the scale changes? Numerically nothing changes. It's like saying that with the zoom in the price went from the top to the bottom of the screen, if you zoom out the price is almost like a straight line. But did the price change as a result of zooming in?

Digitally, the slope Angle - changes in exactly the same way as in the graphical view with changes in the scale and size of the graph.

That's why I say - trend cannot be measured by angle. Only in pips (or directly in price) per bar (or per unit of time).

Only such an indicator - completely independent of the graphical representation.

As I understand it, people are totally unwilling to strain their brains.

What does "45 degrees" mean ? It means that the increment on abscissa and ordinate is the same. But this increment is directly dependent on the scale. Stretch the abscissa or ordinate and the angle changes ! That's why if you want the trend indicator to be independent of the display - it cannot be measured in degrees.

Of course, we can get rounder - and set the scale by axes - in this case the slope angle will make sense. But think yourself, the question must then be: "How to determine the slope of the trend line if we know the prices on two bars, and the mastchab on the abscissa axis is three millimeters per bar, and on the ordinate axis - one millimeter per point? With these clarifications - you can talk about the "slope angle". But, isn't this condition too cumbersome?

George Merts:

That's a waste of time.

If I were you, I should have clarified the problem.

You have been shown two drawings - the price is the same, but the angle is completely different. You are asking - how to calculate the angle of the trend. But you've been repeatedly told - the angle can be any. Which is shown on the pictures.

And they are trying to show you that the angle of the trend has no angle - it is a result of chart drawing. It's even for illustration and just to make you think - they've offered you a reverse task...

But instead of thinking, and if you do not understand - ask specifically in the unclear place - you start some really schoolboy showdown.

That's the way to stop communicating with you too - you won't get an answer to your question.

I have not asked anything, what makes you think that?

The questions I asked are leading questions and I personally do not need an answer to them at all.

Renat Akhtyamov:

I didn't ask you anything, what makes you think that?

The questions I asked are suggestive and I personally don't need an answer at all.

Oh, yes, I'm mistaken. The phrase "please tell me either the formula or some method by which it can be done" was written not by you, but by another participant. I apologize. Well, that's my answer to the other one:

The slope of a trend line cannot be measured in degrees unless the scale of the coordinate axes is fixed. Therefore, it makes much more sense to measure the slope in pips (price) per bar (per unit time).

And you, Renat, forgive me generously, my answer (which you don't need) has nothing to do with you.

Reason: