Coding help - page 578

TEAMTRADER:
Can someone tell me why the attached alert does not agree with the standard ma on MT4 please?

The alert is set to fire when the 5 and 6 smma's cross (and place an arrow on the screen. When I placed a 5smma (set to close) on screen it does not match the smma's of the alert - set similarly to 5smma - close.

The alert was exactly what I was looking for (it has a popup specifically to show both which timeframe and which pair) but I cannot get it to work as I believe it should.

If possible could this alert be fixed (if indeed it is incorrect).

TEAMTRADER

Hi TEAMTRADER,

i played a bit and found that is some thing strange with matching lines of this version of indi verses standard MAs,there is some thing that is out of my level ,lol.........but you can match exact this up graded version,doing exact,attached.

regards

MA crosses arrows or lines alerts 2.mq4

mladen:
Set the alertsOnCurrent to false and then you are not going to have false alerts (it will alert only when the bar closes and when the alerts can not be changed any more by price changes on the currently still opened bar)

Dearest MLADEN,

may i assume the current BAR,the zero one that is still forming and first BAR,the next to current bar that will be after this current zero bar....i often confused when trader asking for alert or arrow on first BAR,thanks.

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN,

may i assume the current BAR,the zero one that is still forming and first BAR,the next to current bar that will be after this current zero bar....i often confused when trader asking for alert or arrow on first BAR,thanks.

regards

mntiwana

Current bar is the still forming - opened - bar, that can change.

mladen:

mntiwana

Current bar is the still forming - opened - bar, that can change.

Dearest MLADEN,

so which one BAR should be assumed/counted as first bar,as peoples asking ,alerts/arrows on first bar,thanks

regards

Thank you mntiwana.

I had gone through all the ma's and could not find a match so I assumed the indicator was incorrect but the revised one appears perfect.

Thank you again.

TEAMTRADER

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN,

so which one BAR should be assumed/counted as first bar,as peoples asking ,alerts/arrows on first bar,thanks

regards

mntiwana

I will tell that indirectly : in the STAD trading system books (total of 13 books), there is literally 0 (zero) systems that are using signals on the current (still opened) bar. So, according to them, we should always use signals on the first CLOSED bar (option when alertOnCurrent is set to false)

mladen:

mntiwana

I will tell that indirectly : in the STAD trading system books (total of 13 books), there is literally 0 (zero) systems that are using signals on the current (still opened) bar. So, according to them, we should always use signals on the first CLOSED bar (option when alertOnCurrent is set to false)

Dearest MLADEN,

so much thanks for the well explained reply,understand exact.......if it is possible to code like way ,signals/alerts/arrows might be on choice,for example,at current bar/0,at first bar/1 and at second bar/2 ..... just a question and my curiosity, thanks

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN,

so much thanks for the well explained reply,understand exact.......if it is possible to code like way ,signals/alerts/arrows might be on choice,for example,at current bar/0,at first bar/1 and at second bar/2 ..... just a question and my curiosity, thanks

regards

mntiwana

All the alerting indicators that mrtools and me are making are working like that : when alertsOnCurrent is set to true, then bar 0 is tested, and when it is set to false, bar 1 (first closed bar) is tested

Could the arrow and number distance (from price bars) be made adjustable (such as a multiple of ATR, or perhaps just number of pips).

Or perhaps you could point me to an indicator that already has this capability?

Thank you.

person77:
Could the arrow and number distance (from price bars) be made adjustable (such as a multiple of ATR, or perhaps just number of pips).

Or perhaps you could point me to an indicator that already has this capability?

Thank you.

person77

You can simple replace "tmf" where it occurs in ObjectCreate() function with "iATR(NULL,0,someAtrPeriod,i)*someMultiplier" and it will work the way you described it

Reason: