Volatility Expansion system! - page 12

mikejody:
Thank you. I trade this system manually, just using the indicator itself. I open all trades at 5:00 PM ET and close at 4:59 PM the next day. I use this on 10 currencies (all the low spread ones) and have been profitable trading it live for the past 2 weeks. Can you tell me if the EA uses the same parameters of the 70/50 of the previous day?

Does it matter which TF one uses? Which one are you using?

igorad:
Hi,

I have developed new version of VoltyBreakout Expert with TimeZone option.

This parameter can be optimized.

Looks very interesting.

Igor

hi,

could you please modify the code according to the following new rule:

do not close a trade until the stop loss is hit (of course) or it is in profit.

thanks for the great work.

newdigital:

Read this thread from the beginning.

This EA is not trading often: it places stop orders in GMT midnight (buy stop and sell stop orders). Besides now market is not open yet. You may expect this stop orders tomorrow or the day after tomorrow only.

Hi newdigital

Have u considered the option of NOT cancelling the 2nd order for the day once the 1st one is executed.

I did some back testing (not for a long period thou), and I noticed that at many instances when the 1st entry is stopped out, if the 2nd order was executed, it would have ended the day in a profit.

Just my 2 cents.

Kevin

igorad:
Hi,

TimeZone equal difference between order's open time and broker's server time.

Igor

Do you mean the difference between my broker's GMT time and 0:00 GMT time? If the current GMT Time is right now 04:17, my broker time is 05:17, and NewYork time is 23:17, does that mean TimeZone should be set to +4 ? These TimeZone things are always so confusing....

kevmcfoster:
Hi newdigital

Have u considered the option of NOT cancelling the 2nd order for the day once the 1st one is executed.

I did some back testing (not for a long period thou), and I noticed that at many instances when the 1st entry is stopped out, if the 2nd order was executed, it would have ended the day in a profit.

Just my 2 cents.

Kevin

Don't understand what you said sorry.

This EA is placing sell stop and buy stop orders in GMT midnight. When one of the order is executed so the other one will be deleted. That's all. Profitable order will be closed before pending order opened (in midnight as well). If order is open and not in profit in the current time so this order will be kept until stop loss or profit and pending orders will not be placed.

It was not any bug in this EA concerning deleting pending orders. It was the other bug (do not remember which one) but it was fixed and because of that Igorad posted the second version on this thread.

If EA is not placing pending orders in midnight so look at the Metatrader's log files for possible broker's error ("trade context is busy", "no connection", and so on). Besides this EA is not placing pending orders if stop loss value is too close to the price and so on. Just normal protection.

Besides this EA is having many attempts to place pending orders and to delete pending orders: it is not like "trade context was busy" and EA had just one failed attempt to delete stop order. EA will do it many times within 1 hour untill the order will be deleted (or pending order placed and just anything to be done).

newdigital:
When one of the order is executed so the other one will be deleted.

Sorry I'm not talking bout the EA

I meant to say wht if the other order is not deleted...will tht improve the results.

Can u post the results for this system tht u have personally back/forward tested.

thnx

kevin

kevmcfoster:
Sorry I'm not talking bout the EA

I meant to say wht if the other order is not deleted...will tht improve the results.

Can u post the results for this system tht u have personally back/forward tested.

thnx

kevin

It depends on the market. Because the distance between the price for buy stop and sell stop orders are very high. Usually if one order is open so the other one will not be open even if EA will not delete it. Usually. Of course it may work (not deleting the other pending order) but sometimes only (just one times per 3 or 5 months for example.

Because the distance between the pending orders are very high. For example, for today:

EURUSD:

buy stop at the price 1.3343

sell stop at the price 1.3057

GBPUSD:

buy stop at the price 1.9685

sell stop at the price 1.9338.

I can not imagine the day when the price gos to 1.9685 and after few hour came down to 1.9338. Distance between pending orders is very high so that is why pending order will be deleted (if the one will be open).

Backtesting results were posted on this thread together with settings.

Forward testing results are in elite section but I posted it as well as a summary.

Can someone offer some explanation to me. The larry williams method requires price move in one direction from the open that is equal to 70% of the previous days total range. The SL is then 50% of yesterdays range. Is the 50% also the TP? When do we exit the market? Matt

forward test resutls

just found out this thread...

Seems that it s long time the expert has been posted in here with the best settings that could be found with backtest....

Is there anyone who has been forward testing this expert since it has been posted? If so, what are the results of this live trading test?

thank you

emeric

permanentjaun:
Can someone offer some explanation to me. The larry williams method requires price move in one direction from the open that is equal to 70% of the previous days total range. The SL is then 50% of yesterdays range. Is the 50% also the TP? When do we exit the market? Matt

There is no TP. You exit your position at the end of the day (for eg. 0:00 gmt) if its in profit. If it's in a loss, then you hold for the next day with the same stop. Either your stop will be hit or you will be in profit at the end of the next day, if not, then continue to hold for the 3rd day.

The only 2 exit possibilities are either stop will be hit or you will exit in profit. No exits if your trade is in a loss without the stop being hit.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Regards,

kevin

Reason: