Firebird EA - page 13

PC Biz:
Showbaba, I've been testing Firebird and Envelope 2.13 but I really would not feel comfortable trading real cash with these yet as I know there are better systems available. Send me a pm.

thanks i will

how do i pm pls

Click on the member name you want to pm and you'll see it.

Also if it's ok, I would also like to know the same thing you are asking, if you would be so kind to pm me. (Good EA)

Thanks all and have a great New Year!

What's the strategy

Thanks for your efforts PC Biz. Could you provide the strategy that resulted in that chart? I've programmed a very simple EA, so could possibly help if you want.

Thanks

Are you referring to my 11/30/08 post? That's the one with $500 to $1,443 in two or three days. If so, you'll have to send me a PM for that one as it's a commercial EA.

The other Firebird 3.2 test eventually went to zero, just as everyone said it would. If we could fix 3.2 we'd really have something powerful in our hands.

jeremiah54:
Thanks for your efforts PC Biz. Could you provide the strategy that resulted in that chart? I've programmed a very simple EA, so could possibly help if you want. Thanks

A fix

First we need to know how much is the margin requirement?

I have an idea that could help.

We know that the EA gain alot of profits then suddenly lose right?

What if I add a code with the following logic?

--------------------------------------

If account equity = 40% loss, close all trades and don't open anymore. (Unless you reattach it.)

So, if I have a 10k and it became 60k, it hit a loss of 40%. Make it 45% for volatility. 27,000 loss.

60k - 27k = 33k. I still have 23k profits.

Wait for 1 week, then enable it again. It goes up, hit again, stop.

If I repeat this strategy, I won't lose any initial investments.

I have a commercial EA that works something like that. The user specifies the MAXRISK value in percentage, and the EA closes all trades when the risk is hit. However, it begins trading immediately afterward, and stays in the market around the clock. Here's how it actually played out for me:

1. I started a demo account on Monday night with $5,000 and it peaked at $16,000 on Tuesday, only trading the EUR/USD.
  2. My MAXRISK value was 30, and it stopped out everything leaving me about $8,000. (Not really sure about the exact math of the EA) This was some time Tuesday afternoon.
  3. This morning the account is back up to $21,259 so far. Oh yes.

If you can do that for Firebird 3.2 you'll really have something very valuable.

wayhuck:
First we need to know how much is the margin requirement?

I have an idea that could help.

We know that the EA gain alot of profits then suddenly lose right?

What if I add a code with the following logic?

--------------------------------------

If account equity = 40% loss, close all trades and don't open anymore. (Unless you reattach it.)

So, if I have a 10k and it became 60k, it hit a loss of 40%. Make it 45% for volatility. 27,000 loss.

60k - 27k = 33k. I still have 23k profits.

Wait for 1 week, then enable it again. It goes up, hit again, stop.

If I repeat this strategy, I won't lose any initial investments.

riggsrepair:
I tried running Firebird on a real account,, and poof it was gone. It works a lot different on a demo. I emailed the author and he told me the Firebird is a dead bird. He said not to use it and find something else. Thats my 2 cents. p.s. Firebird C did a lot better for me then any others, including the V versions

Not exactly correct. What happened here is that, you trade at the time which the robot hit loss. Even on demo account, I can already tell you everyone will hit same loss, same seconds and same percent with that one trade.

It's not a dead bird, the author doesn't realized he just created another grail.

Now, I'm not a code expert. But I'm a solutions expert.

What if you trade on 10k demo, then it got to 40k. At some point, two 7k losses draw it down to 26k. What if I limit the trade, say if a trade is at -500 it will automatically close no matter what the condition is. Even if it should continue according to strategy, it will force close.

But however, different amount of capital need different limit. And after we code it down, we need to back test it and set the correct limitation. Which -500 may upset other trades. So we gotta test different amount.

Can someone do it? If this is fixed, we'll be able to triple some accounts. I'll need to test it myself and see if anymore solutions is needed.

A fix

Now who's responsible for setting stop loss at 500++ ??

Can someone tell me where is the variable for stop loss?

I modify a few that looks to me like "stop loss" settings. It doesn't even work. I believe that the stop loss is too much. Suggest 250 to 350.

PC Biz:
I have a commercial EA that works something like that. The user specifies the MAXRISK value in percentage, and the EA closes all trades when the risk is hit. However, it begins trading immediately afterward, and stays in the market around the clock. Here's how it actually played out for me:
  1. I started a demo account on Monday night with $5,000 and it peaked at $16,000 on Tuesday, only trading the EUR/USD.
  2. My MAXRISK value was 30, and it stopped out everything leaving me about $8,000. (Not really sure about the exact math of the EA) This was some time Tuesday afternoon.
  3. This morning the account is back up to $21,259 so far. Oh yes.
If you can do that for Firebird 3.2 you'll really have something very valuable.

Hey PC can you PM me with the commercial EA that you are using. I like to try new ones that work.

Reason: