Firebird EA - page 6

Fxparadise:
Hendrick

Use_V63D_Divergence=1 mean true or false ?

could you please let me know wich pair u r trading?

Thanks and regards

Hi Fxparadise!

Still trading all pairs! Just want to test which pairs I want to use when going live. Where did you see "Use_V63D_Divergence=1"? In the code and the settings I only see "True" or "False" for this EA and not "1" or "0". But "0" is false and "1" is true. Hope this helps!

Maji:
The actual Firebird system was developed by some money managers in the UK. They sold their system on Ebay and I had bought it. Somehow it got leaked and the firebird system took flight. The original developer did explain to me how it works, what the risks were and how to adequately capitalize your account.

For starters, don't use the EA on any time period less than H4. Do not cap the number of max trades it can take. Run it on a couple of pairs and stop trying to become an millionaire overnight. Now see how the system works. Make it a slow and steady system and you will win the race. Try to make it sprint, and it will breakdown. It is not a sportscar, it is a family minivan. It gets the job done.

Maji

Thanks Maji!!

Do you know accendentally where we can get more information about Firebird?

Sorry, I can't help you there. Just try to get the early versions of the EA, when it was simple and elegant and robust, and try to go through the code. It should be simple enough as the original developer used a spreadsheet to do the calcs and place the trades. Anything more than that is an attempt to curve fit and over optimize, in my opinion.

Maji

Ummm... strange thing: I have applied EA to 30m on eurusd & gbpusd and 1D on eurusd but I get 'bad hours' only on 30m eurusd. Some1 knows what is going on ?

P7

pete7:
Ummm... strange thing: I have applied EA to 30m on eurusd & gbpusd and 1D on eurusd but I get 'bad hours' only on 30m eurusd. Some1 knows what is going on ? P7

Hi Pete,

Saw this happening last week on one of the charts. Only one and not on the other charts! I think it's some kind of bug in this version of Firebird. Close your chart, open a new one and reattach the EA. Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Hendrick:
Hi Pete,

Saw this happening last week on one of the charts. Only one and not on the other charts! I think it's some kind of bug in this version of Firebird. Close your chart, open a new one and reattach the EA. Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Nope, it didn't but thanks anyway. If i set 1H TF it works, but when I change it to 30M it stopps working.

Another issue, very important for those who use indicator to set value of Percent: indicator uses default TF of MA (the one of the chart you have attached it to) and EA uses (by default) 30M TF even if you attach it to a 1D, 1W, 1H, 15M and so on TFs. Now I do not have time, maybe later I will try to fix it. Would appreciate if someone would do it before me.

Best Regards

P7

Why TralingStop don't work?

Last statement v63G

See my latest Firebird v63G statement ( is it only me who's testing here!!)

I'm now closing all open trades at the closing of the market at Friday. Firebird is watching for spikes and those spikes should be corrected real quickly (most of the time!). When trades are open for more then 4 days I think you better close them. It gives FB more space for new (hopefully more profitable) trades.

Firebird

Hendrick:
See my statement. Firebird v06TF. In only 3 days from 5.000 to 25.000. And yes I know this EA is risky. It's a wild horse!! But there are ways to handle this one! Above all it's fun to see an EA that's making money real fast.

What setting are you using for this firebird?

chukky, You will find your answers in the newer thread entitled...firebirdv63g

chukky:
What setting are you using for this firebird?
Reason: