Universal MA Cross EA - page 102

mladen:
zigflip

From the code it seems to be OK

Can you explain more what exactly is happening?

okay great, i thought it was okay, but one thing - with the alert that was added (an alert for the MA cross, not actual order making) says BUY when cross down and SELL visa versa, seems to me. I thought maybe I entered the MA wrong way around but inputs are clearly labelled "Fast" and "Slow" - what do you think?

Anyway, glad to know everything else is working because the alert was putting me off what otherwise looks a very detailed and comprehensive EA.

zigflip:
okay great, i thought it was okay, but one thing - with the alert that was added (an alert for the MA cross, not actual order making) says BUY when cross down and SELL visa versa, seems to me. I thought maybe I entered the MA wrong way around but inputs are clearly labelled "Fast" and "Slow" - what do you think? Anyway, glad to know everything else is working because the alert was putting me off what otherwise looks a very detailed and comprehensive EA.

Looks good to go to me too.

Hi all

Very nice thread sir, I need EMA EA, close previous trade when EMA cross and take new trade, Please check screen shot, can u help me sir?

Currency pair ANY

Time Frame ANY

Thank you.

dareking:
Hi all

Very nice thread sir, I need EMA EA, close previous trade when EMA cross and take new trade, Please check screen shot, can u help me sir?

Currency pair ANY

Time Frame ANY

Thank you.

Hello Dareking,

The EA's in this thread think they will do what your looking for.

Can anyone tell me which trailing stop type to use if I want to have it lock 10 pips at 50 pips and continue to use my trailing stop? It seems Type 4 turns off the trailing stop is that right? And if so what setting can be used to lock pips at pips and keep trailing stop? Thanks

bolla609:
Can anyone tell me which trailing stop type to use if I want to have it lock 10 pips at 50 pips and continue to use my trailing stop? It seems Type 4 turns off the trailing stop is that right? And if so what setting can be used to lock pips at pips and keep trailing stop? Thanks

bolla609

Yes, you are right. Type 4 sets the stop loss to order open price +- breakeven pips and it does not apply trailing stip after that any more

Thanks for your quick reply at least now I can stop running tests.

It just makes no sense to me that there is no feature to retain your trail after locking pips. I feel like I'm in the Twighlight zone, I can't understand why it would be that way or why no one would say anything. I was using Mauro_Trailing.mq4 but it does not place the trades. It seems this Universal Cross EA would be everything I'm looking for if only it retained the trail after locking pips at a certain amount of pips. I can't understand why it's not already able to do that. Do you know of a basic moving average cross ea with profit lock and trailing pips? I can't believe I am having such a hard time finding such a basic thing.

But I think I can make due with it as is. I can modify my strategies to work with it I think.

I got it thanks.

Tried to add a martingale function to a version of this EA already supporting DEMA and ECN. Can anyone spot where I have gone wrong by any chance? I can't even open it in MT4: "Cannot open file 'D:\...\experts\UniMACrossEAecnMartingale.ex4'"(not saved as eq4).

I am very new to coding and slightly impatient at that...

Thanks!

BlackCoq:
Tried to add a martingale function to a version of this EA already supporting DEMA and ECN. Can anyone spot where I have gone wrong by any chance? I can't even open it in MT4: "Cannot open file 'D:\...\experts\UniMACrossEAecnMartingale.ex4'"(not saved as eq4).

I am very new to coding and slightly impatient at that...

Thanks!

You could not open it because there were compile time errors in the code. Here is the version that can be compiled (ex4 is produced normally)

Reason: