Universal MA Cross EA - page 75

he, he. I open 4 accounts in different broker. My test is start. Different sets and pairs with low spread. Well, we will see what is good on that EA.

Blaiserboy:
I just wanted to show you that this ea is very powerful and that you can achieve some excellent profits if you are patient enough to adjust the settings until you find what works on your data.

I am continually backtesting and optimizing two or three instances of this ea, every day , all day, I find it well worth my while to do so.

Best of luck with your testing

Do you have the .set file please?

Break even/ECN

mladen:
Try it out now PS: made some more changes, so if you downloaded before the time this post was last edited, please redownload it.

Hi mladen,

Thanks for making an ECN compatible version

Can I be a pain and ask if you could add the break even function to this ECN version?

Thanks Heaps

Garth

Try setting the TrailingStopType parameter to 0 (or anything different than 1 and 2). In that case trailing stop will start to "work" when the order goes into any kind of profit and I think that it is the closest to break even function you can get without changing the EA (the only difference will be that unlik break even, this one should continue moving the stop loss even when a break even when is already secured))

forex560:
Hi mladen,

Thanks for making an ECN compatible version Can I be a pain and ask if you could add the break even function to this ECN version?

Thanks Heaps

Garth

mladen:
Try setting the TrailingStopType parameter to 0 (or anything different than 1 and 2). In that case trailing stop will start to "work" when the order goes into any kind of profit and I think that it is the closest to break even function you can get without changing the EA (the only difference will be that unlik break even, this one should continue moving the stop loss even when a break even when is already secured))

Ah yes, I see what you mean. Now that I've had a bit more experiance with this EA it seems a trailing stop is a much better option then a break even function anyhow. The ECN function you added is great, now I can set it to trade just as I would manually - which in my opinion is the best type of EA. Thanks for your help.

Hi, I test this ea on 4 accounts (different set and tf ) broker FXSALT and FXpro. Each loose! What I do wrong. What settings You use? Did some one use it earn? Some body will help me? What I do wrong!!!??? Thx for help.

xkubas:
Hi, I test this ea on 4 accounts (different set and tf ) broker FXSALT and FXpro. Each loose! What I do wrong. What settings You use? Did some one use it earn? Some body will help me? What I do wrong!!!??? Thx for help.

Post one of your set files and I will have a look at it. be sure to give info re pair and tf.

What time frame do you use? What stop loss value? Try EUR/USD 1 hour : fast MA 5 typ1, slow MA 50 type 1. Stop loss 40 pips, take profit 100> pips (I prefer not to use TP), trailing stop 40 pips. Set MM (money management) to true and risk 2 (2 %). Remember sometimes you will have a string of losses - that's why money and risk management is so important.

Hope that helps

Sometimes people try to use the optimizer and backtesting to get their settings....... and this is suicide. It is like handing your account balance to the broker.

You

must

use a walk forward test and you have to test until the walk forward is good.

If you are attempting to use an ea without walk forward testing you might as well spend your money on a lottery ticket...!!!!!

You can do a google search to learn about walk forward analysis.

Blaiserboy:
Sometimes people try to use the optimizer and backtesting to get their settings....... and this is suicide. It is like handing your account balance to the broker.

You

must

use a walk forward test and you have to test until the walk forward is good.

If you are attempting to use an ea without walk forward testing you might as well spend your money on a lottery ticket...!!!!!

You can do a google search to learn about walk forward analysis.

I use only forward test!!!

My parametrs are: fast MA: 2 type: simple/close; slow MA: 5 type LWMA/open TF: 5m > h4 tp:from 5pip to 40pip sl: from 5 pip to 20 pip, NO BE, TS: from 2 pip to 15 pip

No MM only constans lot value.

I will try use sets from Forex560

Reason: