EA_based Trailing Stop - page 13

Gfuchs:
Hi Mladen, is it possible?

Gfuchs

To clarify :

That in the end becomes this : if there is a stop loss set for an order, and if the price retracees 2 pips from the high or the low of the bar (depending of the type of the order) it should close the order?

mladen:
Gfuchs To clarify : That in the end becomes this : if there is a stop loss set for an order, and if the price retracees 2 pips from the high or the low of the bar (depending of the type of the order) it should close the order?

yes, From what i understand, he want to scalp minimum 3 pips.

mladen:
Gfuchs

To clarify :

That in the end becomes this : if there is a stop loss set for an order, and if the price retracees 2 pips from the high or the low of the bar (depending of the type of the order) it should close the order?

Hi Mladen, the thing is that I have 2 Pips spread. When Trailing Stop initiates at 5 Pips in profit and when then the price retraces 5 Pips again then I have a loss of 2 Pips. That's why I would like the Trailing Stop to initiate after 5 Pips in profit and then allow price to go back only 2 Pips, so in that case I would make a profit of 1 Pip (+2 Pips Spread). Is that technically possible?

Gfuchs:
Hi Mladen, the thing is that I have 2 Pips spread. When Trailing Stop initiates at 5 Pips in profit and when then the price retraces 5 Pips again then I have a loss of 2 Pips. That's why I would like the Trailing Stop to initiate after 5 Pips in profit and then allow price to go back only 2 Pips, so in that case I would make a profit of 1 Pip (+2 Pips Spread). Is that technically possible?

Sorry, but I do not understand

If you are in profit 5 pips and the price moves back 2 pips, the profit will be 3 pips if the take profit is using the correct price (the price that will be used for order closing)

mladen:
Sorry, but I do not understand If you are in profit 5 pips and the price moves back 2 pips, the profit will be 3 pips if the take profit is using the correct price (the price that will be used for order closing)

Yes, that's what I meant to say. Profit will then be 3 pips, minus 2 pips spread which is a real profit of 1 pip.

Or did I still get it wrong?

Update: Sorry, yes I understand now. Got it wrong. Profit is then 3 pips.

But how can I tell the EA to initiate after 5 pips profit and then take profit when it retraces 2 pips ?

trailing_stop.mq4

Files:

Or better say, after moving 5 pips into profit I want that trailing stop line to be initiated which from then on follows the price movement with a distance of 2 pips instead of 5 pips.

Gfuchs:
Or better say, after moving 5 pips into profit I want that trailing stop line to be initiated which from then on follows the price movement with a distance of 2 pips instead of 5 pips.

Gfuchs

It depends on minimal stop loss distance allowed by the broker

I can make to move with that minimal stop loss distance but in some cases it will be more than those 2 pips (as I said, it depends on a broker what does he allow)

mladen:
Gfuchs

It depends on minimal stop loss distance allowed by the broker

I can make to move with that minimal stop loss distance but in some cases it will be more than those 2 pips (as I said, it depends on a broker what does he allow)

My broker is scalper friendly. So it's worth a try Mladen, can it be coded so that I can change those numbers to whatever I like?

Thanks for your help.

Gfuchs:
My broker is scalper friendly. So it's worth a try Mladen, can it be coded so that I can change those numbers to whatever I like? Thanks for your help.

Gfuchs

I can add a parameter, but the EA can not set the trailing stop to be less than what is allowed by broker. So, it will still have to "decide" to use your parameter values or what broker allows

mladen:
Gfuchs I can add a parameter, but the EA can not set the trailing stop to be less than what is allowed by broker. So, it will still have to "decide" to use your parameter values or what broker allows

Ok. How can I find out what is allowed by the broker?

Reason: