Universal MA Cross EA - page 72

val777ca:
Hi, this EA looks great but it doesn't open any trades!

I have a IBFX 5 digit demo micro account, I can see the EA on my my charts fine (it's not the first time I'm running an EA), settings showing up on the screen, cross down/up alerts working but no actual trades.

If for any of you this EA is working can you attach it here please, also with settings if I don't ask for too much. I'm not interested in your ema periods, you can erase that but I'm thinking I may have some of other settings wrong, thank you very much. Val

Take ten minutes and run the optimizer until you get some values from the optimizer and then check to see whatever you have turned on or off so as to have the thing make trades.... you will have to do a bit of research. It does run on IBFX DEMO.

Thank you very much for your reply, I have to wait until Sunday evening to try it again, until then can you please tell me (or attach here) what version do you recommend , the one in post # 516 ? or may be post # 676 (yes, I did read everything here...) Also, how do I run the optimizer ? I know I'm heavily challenged to ask this but I just don't know. A nice weekend, Val.

Blaiserboy:
Take ten minutes and run the optimizer until you get some values from the optimizer and then check to see whatever you have turned on or off so as to have the thing make trades.... you will have to do a bit of research. It does run on IBFX DEMO.

well if i dont specify tp and sl then it open trades without sl or tp, once i set up tp and sl then it gives that error. Maybe its last 409 build of metatrader but i lean towards that its just need to be set up fo recn broker.

here is some settings that I just got from IBFX ( they are not suitable for trading, just a starting point)

You can change your settings to match those and you will see that the thing will make some trades.

Can anyone assist?

Hey Crew!

I'm trying to modify this script so that when my EMA and DEMA both cross the SMA it creates a buy-sell depending on up/down state... Not sure where I'm going wrong, can anyone assist? Happy to pay $100 paypal if anyone has the time and it's not too tricky or time consuming.

Thanks!

Is there any indicator which can confirm the power of MA crossing ?Thanks.

Dear All,

Is there any indicator or advanced indicator which can confirm the crossing of MA.

That is whether the said MA will Cross or not ??

If any knowledgable trader please guide me.

Expertarts

Hi guys!

The indicator does not work work at all when I drag and drop or double click it in MT4. I have the same problem with a few other indicators but mostly are OK. Any ideas why this happens.

Thanks

forumboi:
Hi guys!

The indicator does not work work at all when I drag and drop or double click it in MT4. I have the same problem with a few other indicators but mostly are OK. Any ideas why this happens.

Thanks

This one is an expert adviser......., place in in the experts folder and restart your MT4 and you will see it in there.

Probable bug in this EA

G'day,

I've invested a lot of time and effort in this EA and really like most of its logic. But, I suspect that there is a serious bug that is misleading folks into thinking it is better than it is. I'm hoping someone with more experience than me (with MT4 programming) can have a look and confirm my findings. I'd be a bit more confident about saying there's something wrong with the logic, but this EA has been around for a long time and tested by hundreds of traders.

Just after the "Pivot Filter" logic, the EA finally gets around to taking a trade. Let's say that "BuyCondition = True" and that we only want it to take one trade at a time. If "BuyCondition" is true and there is currently an open sell order, nothing happens. The EA has a buy signal, but ignores it because it already has one open trade. The market most likely goes in the wrong direction (up) and the EA is short.

I've added logic to say "if BuyCondition" is true and we have an open sell position, close it. Then, the EA functions as expected.

Perhaps some of you could have a look and let me know what you think?

Regards,

Chuck

ChuckNZ:
G'day,

I've invested a lot of time and effort in this EA and really like most of its logic. But, I suspect that there is a serious bug that is misleading folks into thinking it is better than it is. I'm hoping someone with more experience than me (with MT4 programming) can have a look and confirm my findings. I'd be a bit more confident about saying there's something wrong with the logic, but this EA has been around for a long time and tested by hundreds of traders.

Just after the "Pivot Filter" logic, the EA finally gets around to taking a trade. Let's say that "BuyCondition = True" and that we only want it to take one trade at a time. If "BuyCondition" is true and there is currently an open sell order, nothing happens. The EA has a buy signal, but ignores it because it already has one open trade. The market most likely goes in the wrong direction (up) and the EA is short.

I've added logic to say "if BuyCondition" is true and we have an open sell position, close it. Then, the EA functions as expected.

Perhaps some of you could have a look and let me know what you think?

Regards,

Chuck

Thanks for the heads up.....

Are you going to post your revision or at least part of the new code......

Thanks

Reason: