The "XO"-Method......... - page 40

Hello, dear ValeoFX.

I'm new to this tactic, I have got an question regards today's trade that you mentioned. Woudl be very helpful if you can comment me on this.

You said there was LONG signal at 2523, at my Freedom indicator (latest version downloaded from previous page) H4 bar did not change color to BLUE (uptrend) till now . H1, M30 and M15 all blue, and H1 changed blue at 9:05CET thats right, but H4 didnt change color even now. Shouldn't we wait for all 4 bars to signal same color ?

ValeoFX:
Firstly, where is your CCI-34/14?

Secondly, there was only ONE trade and that was LONG @ 02:35 est on the 5-M chart @ 1.2523 with profit taken @ 1.2576 which would have given you +53 pips.

Oh, btw, the XO did not repaint!! It was the direction that changed. You need to pay attention to the method and not use your own interpretation of what we are trying to achieve.

Fet0r:
Hello, dear ValeoFX.

I'm new to this tactic, I have got an question regards today's trade that you mentioned. Woudl be very helpful if you can comment me on this.

You said there was LONG signal at 2523, at my Freedom indicator (latest version downloaded from previous page) H4 bar did not change color to BLUE (uptrend) till now . H1, M30 and M15 all blue, and H1 changed blue at 9:05CET thats right, but H4 didnt change color even now. Shouldn't we wait for all 4 bars to signal same color ?

FetOr, I made myself a 5M to 60M version of the Forex_Freedom Indicator and as long as the 4-HR chart is against the Fx_Freedom, I bank when it seems as if the steam is out of the trade. That's what I did this morning. Otherwise it limits our number of trades in quiet markets like this morning. Hope this helps.

Hello, Dear ValeoFX.

I have backtested system for 3 monthes on 5M chart (eur/USD) according to Freedom bar rule only (all 4 point same direction) and got impressive results. I'm sceptic of backtesting, specially in Metatrader when bars are being repainted.

I would like to know if its even possible to backtest this system and if my results are close to how it going on demo account, Your opinion on this one will be very likely cause you are most experienced out of here with this system.

Here are my results for 1st april to 26th June:

April: +504

May: +466

June: +307

Just eur/usd 5M chart. Stop loss I used is -37 and during test period it took stop loss out 4 times only.

Trading time: 8:00cet to 18:00CET

Thank you, with respect,

--Fet0r.

ValeoFX:
FetOr, I made myself a 5M to 60M version of the Forex_Freedom Indicator and as long as the 4-HR chart is against the Fx_Freedom, I bank when it seems as if the steam is out of the trade. That's what I did this morning. Otherwise it limits our number of trades in quiet markets like this morning. Hope this helps.

Fet0r:
I have backtested system for 3 monthes on 5M chart (eur/USD) according to Freedom bar rule only (all 4 point same direction) and got impressive results. I'm sceptic of backtesting, specially in Metatrader when bars are being repainted.

I would like to know if its even possible to backtest this system and if my results are close to how it going on demo account, Your opinion on this one will be very likely cause you are most experienced out of here with this system.

Here are my results for 1st april to 26th June:

April: +504

May: +466

June: +307

Just eur/usd 5M chart. Stop loss I used is -37 and during test period it took stop loss out 4 times only.

Trading time: 8:00cet to 18:00CET

Thank you, with respect,

--Fet0r.

I don't trade the EUR/USD, but with the GBP/USD we did even better. Send me your e-mail address via my private messages link, please.

Best wishes.

!

you cant backtest ff, it repaints. like XO, ff repaints even if you dont shut down computer or change timeframe. literally, you have to be in front of the computer and witness signals are correct because, eventually, bars down the road they change on you. im sorry but im not that impress with this system regardless of what valeofx says. i think he talks the good talk.

hi, can i ask what's the setting of forex freedom? should that cci1,2,3,4 set to all 34???

Does 2:35EST for EURUSD FF Bar now show as RED-RED-RED-BLUE for you? Its what is on mine, what is your settings, if not? Does ASCTREND repaint itself?

The XO shows a mix of red and green for all TFs while the 4HR XO shows green...

criss73:
you cant backtest ff, it repaints. like XO, ff repaints even if you dont shut down computer or change timeframe. literally, you have to be in front of the computer and witness signals are correct because, eventually, bars down the road they change on you. im sorry but im not that impress with this system regardless of what valeofx says. i think he talks the good talk.

Criss, I don't think this is a fair statement. Especially if you haven't traded it yet. Valeo never said put 2 indicators on your chart and you're good to go and you'll make a miilion $! The repainting is very minor and is rare that it changes the outcome of an entry and/or exit.

Why don't you give it a try on a demo and see what happens. If things don't go well, then move on.

Edit: Guys, take some screenshots of various points in time during your trading day. Later that day or the next open up your charts and compare with your screenshots. You'll see that there isn't a whole lot of repainting. I understand it's frustrating to think that maybe you were onto something great but now it's bogus. Just check it out. And never forget - Valeo or anyone else is charging you money to try this out.

It seems that some are struggling with the repaint thing. It seems, and is logical, to understand that when there is a repaint it usually only comes after movements following long consolidation periods. Keep your charts open, don't change or open your indicators.

When I looked back on my screenshots from Friday and compare them to the charts this morning, my Forex Freedom bars are IDENTICAL w/o any repainting. (You can go up and see my posted screenshot and compare with what's on the screen now) ((EDIT: Sorry, I had the 5,15,30,60 all set to 25 in that pic, so make sure you compare it with those parameters))And as far as the XO, the repaints are very, very minor (1 -2 bars)which wouldn't have changed the outcome either way.

Guys, always be cautious after a consolidation period such as this ex. from maccavity. Indicators will go haywire b/c of the lack of history prior to the move.

Also, you have to learn about pivots, higher highs/lower lows, trend direction etc. AND... you HAVE to have the 34 CCI on your charts. It's is a huge player in this system! And never forget price action!

Another thing - focus more on the pound. Way better for this system.

Good luck and good trading.

maccavity:
Hello, everyone!

Example of my trade today. On the picture eur, you can see that I had all of the XOs turned green and went long at 1.2517. On the picture eur 1 all of the XOs repainted and turned red and I went short at 1.2504. Eventually, I had loss of 13 pips. (parameters of XOs may be different from declared ones not significantly but this is not a question now, rather than a question of the trading approach)

Question: Am I interpreting XOs wrong? Any considerations on that case?

Thank you very much!

carforum:
hi, can i ask what's the setting of forex freedom? should that cci1,2,3,4 set to all 34???

carforum,

These are the settings that are probably the best right now. I believe Valeo is checking out some different settings this week so keep yourself tuned in.

I was using 25 for all 4 last week and had a great trading week but the 34 is not much different than 25. Check it out and see what works for you.

Reason: