Would like to backtest 1 system, I need help

I am a discretionary trader and I have never used a mechanical system so far... but I also have been successfully trading forex so far...

For the first time, I have created a mechanical system I would like to backtest... I have 0 knowledge in programming and would like to find someone able to backtest it for me and/or provide me the script for metatrader. I am not describing the system here but all I can say is that it does not use anything other than the daily and 3H. USD/CHF OCHL chart and a very precise timing and set of rules relative to price action.

I have papertraded it on different monthly period and got about 95% success rate and very minimal loss when it happens. I tried it live during the past month (trader knows how it has been difficult to be successful in the past few weeks) and only 1 day obliged me to give back few $... Since it is the first time I created a mechanical system... and I am not a big believer in it... I have been impressed by my own result and would like to really test it out on 6 years data. Let me know if you are interested and if you can do it. I will provide the precise rules. If successful with the result I want to use it in parallel with my actual discretionary trading system.

Thank you

Well i can program a metatrader expert advisor for you. But the script cannot be backtested accurately, not even close to 50%. It's not because the script is defective; it's because the backtester is flawed. So you would need to forward test it in demo account.

Contact me private with email or PM.

Hi,

I can backtest your system with a wonderfull tool with is FOREXTESTER (www.forextester.com), I create a strategy for it (with an API really close to the MQ4) and can test it like on real time market but more faster.

With this we can exactly test our strategies and view the real result not like on MT4 with fake results :-(

You can contact my by MP if you want.

Bye bye

yousky

Hi

Can it actually backtest mq4 file? or would we need to recode everything?

Thanks!

We need to recode everything, but the API are very close, so no difficulty only if the strategy use some specials indicators !

Reason: