The "XO"-Method......... - page 72

bmac:
if we trade only the entry signals without looking for some kind of filter, we end up having lots of bad ones, mtf has been very good at it, maybe in now time, but maybe we could juice or another strenght indicator to filter them, what do you think guys?

Some of you know that I have been testing the CCI_Filter written by NNJEIM and with very good effect I want to add. What is very good about it, is that it is stable and offers you the opportunity to change the settings for different timeframes. I suggest you try it and make your findings known.

I am attaching v.1.mq4 here as I prefer it to the other "improved" versions he has made. Sorry I cannot remember his Thread off hand, but I may look it up later and edit this post.

Best wishes.

Files:

how do we use the alert setting? I want to be alerted when it goes from blue to red or vice versa

hi valeo,

which settings do you use for 5min timeframe, do you take all signals that agree with filter ?

Good Morning ValeoFX,

Have any adjustments been made to the input [currently set at RISK=5 and COUNTBARS=1000] for the ASCTrendSig1_noSound with your system? There are some nice moves which we wouldn't have received a signal from it.

anyone knows how to adapt juice as filter in a 5min timeframe, ( settings, etc.)or to fix mtf filter, it is proving to be a good filter or any indicator that shows us strenght in the moves.

Valeo, how do you use ccifilter in a 5min timeframe?

et_phonehome_2:
Good Morning ValeoFX, Have any adjustments been made to the input [currently set at RISK=5 and COUNTBARS=1000] for the ASCTrendSig1_noSound with your system? There are some nice moves which we wouldn't have received a signal from it.

Hi my friend, NO there are no changes to this setting. Remember, once the signal is there it stays there in spite of the price "retracing" a little but not enough to warrant another AscTrend signal, so therefore , wait for the AscTrend you won't regret it. Best trading!!

camisa:
how do we use the alert setting? I want to be alerted when it goes from blue to red or vice versa

Camisa, I suggest you contact the developer. Personally I don't use the alert as it drives me nuts especially when the price oscillates around break-through.

Best wishes.

valeo,

do you look for entry when the two cci agree in colour?

cami:
valeo, do you look for entry when the two cci agree in colour?

Cami, I trade the XO_method completely; nothing else. This just "filters out" the noise.

Reason: