Indicator & timeframe

Hi,

So here it is. I want an indicator that shows cross between two MA, running on - example - TF 5min - to show the signals on the current timeframe of the moving averages set for running on a higher/lower timeframe.

So I just set the handle of the MA to the timeframe I'd like (5min) but the signals (arrows) don't show on M1 (current timeframe).

How to please ? :/

blouf:

Hi,

So here it is. I want an indicator that shows cross between two MA, running on - example - TF 5min - to show the signals on the current timeframe of the moving averages set for running on a higher/lower timeframe.

So I just set the handle of the MA to the timeframe I'd like (5min) but the signals (arrows) don't show on M1 (current timeframe).

How to please ? :/

Hello blouf,

could you please post some relevant parts of your code, so we can analyze it?

I think this way is easier to identify and correct any eventual error on your code.

Thanks in advance,
Malacarne 

Malacarne:

Hello blouf,

could you please post some relevant parts of your code, so we can analyze it?

I think this way is easier to identify and correct any eventual error on your code.

Thanks in advance,
Malacarne 

Here it is. It may be the period that are expressed in seconds (i think) when used in indicators ?

Chart M1, it does show the signal :

FaMA_Handle=iMA(NULL,0,FastMA_Period,0,ENUM_MA_METHOD(FastMA_Mode),FastPriceMode);

Chart M1, it doesn't show the signal :

FaMA_Handle=iMA(NULL,PERIOD_M5,FastMA_Period,0,ENUM_MA_METHOD(FastMA_Mode),FastPriceMode);

blouf:

Here it is. It may be the period that are expressed in seconds (i think) when used in indicators ?

Chart M1, it does show the signal :

Chart M1, it doesn't show the signal :

If you're trying to plot a higher time frame moving average on a chart, then I'm not sure if the original iMA function is capable of doing that (although it's perfectly possible to retrieve the values)...

In this case I would advise you to take a look at the Code Base, especially this free indicator.

I hope it helps you somehow!
Malacarne 

Malacarne:

If you're trying to plot a higher time frame moving average on a chart, then I'm not sure if the original iMA function is capable of doing that (although it's perfectly possible to retrieve the values)...

In this case I would advise you to take a look at the Code Base, especially this free indicator.

I hope it helps you somehow!
Malacarne 

I'm not that much comfortable with indicators' programming : the data seem retrieved but I have to find the right bar in the current timeframe. Damn.

Thank you.

The workaround is to open a new chart ^_^'

You can also find the help you need when you send a pm to any programmer you are familiar with to help you out. i think that may  help you get answer to your problem

fxwithouttears:
 You can also find the help you need when you send a pm to any programmer you are familiar with to help you out. i think that may  help you get answer to your problem
There's a forum post readable by all programmers & non programmers.

blouf:
There's a forum post readable by all programmers & non programmers.
you can find easily with Google :D
Reason: