The "XO"-Method......... - page 66

No probs my friend! Has the V system been kind to you lately?

ValeoFX:
Thank you for this referral. That has always been my bain. Best regards.

Exit

bmac:
ok i get the idea, anyway today is not so bad, let me tell you today signals:

+10, +10, -20, +10 and the other half of this short trade still running at +26 pips, so i will take all signals as i see them, just will take care during news, try to close trades before big news relases.

i use 2 lots, close first at +10 and move to breakeven, anyone has another good money management technique to apply?

Congratulations on your winning streak there bmac.

What is your exit strategy?

i want to try this EA, can i get this final System XO + indicator...cause i can't read all post in my little time .... thanks

quotingcurrencies:
i want to try this EA, can i get this final System XO + indicator...cause i can't read all post in my little time .... thanks

Unless I've missed something, there is no EA...

"Just" a system.

The exit strategy i use is the one valeo posted, exit when lsma changes color with change of color of bar in 4tf xo2 but also many times this situation agrees with the stochastic crossing back the 25 line (yellow) so it could also be like that, i use 2 lots, one closed first at +10 and move to breakeven, second at final exit.

So far today, my first trade real time short cable 1.8866,half +10 and half +15 still running. Hope someone is trading it to check results as many times good entries but with the repainting thing i am not sure if also many false signals and that could bleed the system a lot, let`s see.

bmac:
hi valeo, could you tell us which were your signals for today? that way i could check mines.

Hi BMAC, sorry for the delay in replying, but yesterday was a test for one's nerves.

Having said that, let me attach here this morning's entry and then my last post, I want to propose a slight change. I would like the seniors to test-drive it first before we say that it is an improvement, not that the newbies cannot test it, but we need more experience to make the decision imho. I have tested it for a week now and it looks very good; at least less stressful.

Any guess why the broken line was NOT the correct entry?

Best wishes.

Files:
tsd_forum_2.gif  22 kb

hi valeo,

entry is at candle 8:10 metatrader time, an earlier entry is not possible because cci is > -250 so entry around 1.8866/63 and exit right now at 1.8850 change of bar and cci crossing back up, i`ll exit when this current candle closes and confirms it.

So you traded it for 2 weeks with good results? could you please tell us your observations so far? how does cci filter works, i see there are red and orange bars for a short trend and dark green and light green for a long trend, how does it work? entry at first red or green bar?

bmac:
hi valeo,

entry is at candle 8:10 metatrader time, an earlier entry is not possible because cci is > -250 so entry around 1.8866/63 and exit right now at 1.8850 change of bar and cci crossing back up, i`ll exit when this current candle closes and confirms it.

So you traded it for 2 weeks with good results? could you please tell us your observations so far? how does cci filter works, i see there are red and orange bars for a short trend and dark green and light green for a long trend, how does it work? entry at first red or green bar?

Excellent observation, BMAC. Did you have the pivot @ 8862 this morning? If not, make sure you do get one that accurately shows you these pivots.

As far as how the CCI_filter works, I suggest you go and read their Thread as I have posted above. There are only 4 pages to read and it makes for good reading and understanding. Also, they have just added another version this morning with more features.

My observation is that it is keeping me from stressing. However, one must never just rely on one indicator / timeframe. Look at the bigger picture and keep in mind the position of pivots as well as news of course.

"Cosmetic change" for your consideration.............

I found this Oscillator here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174899

Thanks to NNJEIM and now others that have developed / improved this adjunct to less stressful trading.

I have been testing both the original setting @ 50 and mine @ 34, but I believe NNJEIM's idea at first for a 50 setting (which he attributes to our friend Mart_Hart and who was also responsible for me changing my CCI settings to 34/14 (thanks Martin), to be the better one. (They are looking at higher numbers, but let them test it first).

Attached is the very same Template I posted above, but this time with the addition of the CCI_Filter set @ 50.

I think it speaks for itself, don't you?

Your considered opinions (only) , will be much appreciated as usual.

Best wishes.

second signal, long cable at 1.8888 candle 11.25, +10

yes i have pivots valeo, thanks for your answer, also just added cci filter , let`s see how the day goes.

right now third trade short candle 14.00 1.8884

Reason: