The "XO"-Method......... - page 36

ValeoFX

When you say retrace, does that mean you use Fibonacci or do you mean when it touches the 13-LWMA?

et_phonehome_2:
ValeoFX When you say retrace, does that mean you use Fibonacci or do you mean when it touches the 13-LWMA?

When it moves a candle or two into the opposite direction. Take off the 13-LWMA and add the LSMA-13 and LSMA-21 in its place. As long as the LSMAs are the same colour, you may re-enter (or enter in your case) as soon as the price starts following the former direction again, in this instance on the 3:40 est candle.

Pity you have missed a great trade after the disastrous week we have had this far.

ValeoFX:
HoggZilla and VideoJ - please guys we need your help a.s.a.p.

Too much "confusion" is creeping into the use of this wonderful indicator of yours. Please let me explain:

1. When you open the indicator window, the first line reads: KirPER and has a value.

2. After that follows the TFs and then finally the KirPERs for the different timeframes which can be set individually.

Please could you remove the first KirPER that seems to set the overall KirPER after all the individual settings were set.

Here is a screenshot of the XO5. I have removed the first KirPER, it was not doing anything but it is gone. I have also added lines to represent the levels at 2 and 4. Before I put the new indicator out here, how about I fix as much as possible first.

The 5th Period is defaulted at 240 and is used as the confirming period. If you look at the attached picture you can see it is the Dark Green (buy) or Maroon (sell) that runs either to +5 or -5. It will be one or the other, +5 or -5. Again it is a visual representation of what the 5th tf is doing.

The first 4 tf's all work as usual. If all 4 are going the same direction it will be a bright green or bright red. If any one of them changes direction you get a little lighter color green or lighter red. If the value drops to 2 then you have 2 tf's with buy signals and 2 with sell signals.

I can make changes but I want to be sure what is desired before I make the changes plus I want to be sure you understand what the indicator is trying to do as it stands.

Thanks,

HoggZilla

Edit: I put a second picture up where I put the 5th tf "behind" the first four instead of drawing a line on top. I think this might might make it easier to read, any opinions?

Files:

HoggZilla:
Here is a screenshot of the XO5. I have removed the first KirPER, it was not doing anything but it is gone. I have also added lines to represent the levels at 2 and 4. Before I put the new indicator out here, how about I fix as much as possible first.

The 5th Period is defaulted at 240 and is used as the confirming period. If you look at the attached picture you can see it is the Dark Green (buy) or Maroon (sell) that runs either to +5 or -5. It will be one or the other, +5 or -5. Again it is a visual representation of what the 5th tf is doing.

The first 4 tf's all work as usual. If all 4 are going the same direction it will be a bright green or bright red. If any one of them changes direction you get a little lighter color green or lighter red. If the value drops to 2 then you have 2 tf's with buy signals and 2 with sell signals.

I can make changes but I want to be sure what is desired before I make the changes plus I want to be sure you understand what the indicator is trying to do as it stands.

Thanks,

HoggZilla

Edit: I put a second picture up where I put the 5th tf "behind" the first four instead of drawing a line on top. I think this might might make it easier to read, any opinions?

Please put it onto Candles so that we can evaluate it better if you don't mind my friend. Thanks as always.

Pip Trip:
Hey folks. The Double CCI was made so you can set it to "Auto Timeframe setting" with different settings and move back and forth between timeframes and not have to keep changing your settings. Not as a multi-timeframe indicator.

So, when it's set to "off" then whatever's chosen at the top as your Trend/Entry default will be your settings in all timeframes.

Edit: Oh, btw, here are a few multi CCI's with the original default set at 50 and 2 more set at 25 and 34.

How did I miss this? Thanks so much my friend, what an adjunct. Best personal wishes.

Hi All,

It seems to be one of the things with a good and fast running thread that confusion sets in after some time. It's a "problem" due to the high rate of interest and activity at the forum, and the reason I make graphs and illustrations for many of the threads I join.

The other reason is that it's one of the very few ways I can contribute. I can't do much testing because I have an older and much slower computer that's easily overwhelmed with more than one instance of MT4. I'm also forced to stop any testing I'm doing when in a very active and fast market, since I need instant response for my live trades (I dare not think what would happen if my rig started paging out to the hard drive during a trade!)

I'm more than willing to do new illustrations and an up-to-the-moment recap of the present method. Another item of consequence is that every so often we do need input geared for newbies. What may be obvious to a more experienced member, may be a big stumbling block to a newbie.

Please do count on me and consider the resources I'm able to provide, I'm more than willing.

moneyline

ValeoFX:
How did I miss this? Thanks so much my friend, what an adjunct. Best personal wishes.

Thanks V!

Yeah, you had me wondering if you were hittin' the bottle or something.

HoggZilla:

Thanks,

HoggZilla

Good job, Hoggzilla. Both of the graphics look logical to me.

XO Indicator Question

Just wondering if someone can clarify something for me. I've got the XO indicator setup for 60/5, 30/5, 15/5, 5/7 and in this example of todays chart the 5 minute has 2 green bars. The 15, 30, and 60 minute charts all have 3 or 4 green bars. How is this possible when it has been a buy for 3 hours straight to have a sell on the 5 minute chart? The 5 minute chart should lead all other charts not follow. I'm also wondering why the super XO indicator is showing a sell on all charts when the XO on all timeframes is showing a buy? Any ideas or explanations would be greatly appreciated.

Files:
untitled1.jpg  225 kb

Hi Tredd,

The only thing I can say is that the Super XO is a slower acting indicator. Of course, after the big rush we had earlier today I wouldn't trust any of the indicators during the consolidation period. Depending on how many periods each indicator is looking into the past, they could all be working as they have been designed, but giving false information on account of the 2 extreme market conditions, IE: big rush + flat market

Most indicators work rather well in the middle, but not toward the extreme end of things. Looking at your graph it appears it was right after the big rush. I notice the very flat market with very little price action. Most indicators are terrible during a flat market. BTW, I hardly ever trade right after a big price movement like we had earlier....why trade into such a market when hardly any indicator will work well?

moneyline

Reason: