Portfolio: PriceChannelExpert and others - page 8

Zassax:
If I try to backtest it on IBFX mini it says

2006.05.05 09:52:46 2005.01.26 08:30 StepMAExpert_v1.45 EURUSDm,M30: OrderSend failed with error #130

Regards

Z

I don't know what the error #130 is.

This EA working together with indicator (it was attached as well). Make sure that you place indicator in /indicator folder and compile it.

Yep indicator is there and compiled.

I did try it with my FXDD account as well, and it gives the same error.

Wreid

Regards

Z

Well.

I think it is enough for this week.

Next week I will finish "trade on Friday EA", will start "trade on Monday" and so on. And then will try to find the settings for the scalpers.

Some suggestions about portfolio is on the following posts:

- https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

1. PriceChannelExpert_v4

1.1. D1 timeframe:

You may find everything here and here (EA, pre-set files and backtesting results).

GBPUSD (several pre-set files), AUDUSD, EURUSD, USDCAD, USDCHF, USDJPY.

1.2. H1 timeframe

Everything is on posts #5, 6 and 7.

GBPUSD, EURUSD, AUDUSD, USDCAD, EURGBP, EURCHF, EURJPY.

2. TradersPowerExpert_v1.

You may find everything here and here (EA, pre-set files and backtesting results).

2.1. H1 timeframe.

GBPUSD (two pre-set files).

USDCHF

USDJPY

EURUSD.

2.2. M15 timeframe.

GBPUSD (two pre-set files).

3. StepMAExpert_v1.45.

M30 timeframe.

GBPUSD (two pre-set files), USDCHF.

4. e-Friday.

M15 timeframe.

EURUSD, USDCHF.

Zassax:
Yep indicator is there and compiled.

I did try it with my FXDD account as well, and it gives the same error.

Wreid

Regards

Z

Did you use pre-set file?

M30 timeframe?

There is some explanation here about error #130.

I backtested with no any problem.

newdigital:
Did you use pre-set file?

M30 timeframe?

There is some explanation here about error #130.

I backtested with no any problem.

As far as I can understand is placing the pending orders too close to the price?

Anyway now the EA is live and just failing with same error.

Maybe something is wrong with FXDD and IBFX rules on pending orders.

Regards

Z

Zassax:
As far as I can understand is placing the pending orders too close to the price?

Anyway now the EA is live and just failing with same error.

Maybe something is wrong with FXDD and IBFX rules on pending orders.

Regards

Z

I did not test it live. I just backtested only (to find the settings). I did not have any errors. I am using Alpari historical data M1 since 2001 and no any errors.

M30 timeframe data from different brokers should not be very different. Because of M30 timeframe. Just + or - 1 or 2 pips for bar and different high/low sometimes. As I know IBFX is having spikes sometimes which can affect on everything. But as I know all the brokers are having the spikes (sometimes).

May be some brokers are having the rules for pending orders?

I have no idea sorry.

newdigital:
It is not mistake. It is backtesting sinse 2001 every tick with modelling quality 90%.

Hi newdigital, nice to know that you got 90% quality data back to 2001. Any chance you got it for GBP/USD pair ? Thank you in advance

firedave:
Hi newdigital, nice to know that you got 90% quality data back to 2001. Any chance you got it for GBP/USD pair ? Thank you in advance

I have the data back to June 2004 for the almost all pairs. I use one Metatrader just for backtesting with this data only.

And data from 2005 back to 2001 for EURUSD, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDJPY. I use the other MetaTrader only for backtesting with this data.

I checked e-Friday EA.

I did not check other pre-set files.

Next week I will finish with e-Friday EA, then I have e-Monday (trade on Monday), then "trade every day". Then i will try to find some scalper. It should be EAs which I am not forward testing posted anywhere (and in our public forum as well) with ability to open and close several orders per pair within a day. If you know some in this forum please post a link.

Igorad created new SilverTrend EA one month ago and I still did not looked at it.

I am trying to collect everything.

And then we will check.

It is easy to check.

Optimizing the settings takes a long time.

It is much more easy to optimize the settings (since 2001 till 2005) which already was optimized (for 2004-2006).

Of course pre-set files will be checked for 2001-2005 as well.

newdigital:
If you are able to optimize the settings so it is two EAs.

- Trade on Friday EA. This EA is working without any indicator. But there are two indicators inside just to see how it works. This EA is trading on Friday only.

- Trade on Monday EA. There are EA, library file (should be in include folder). And some backtesting results in excel file which I translated from Russian. Seems somebody already optimized the settings for every day of the week (and for Friday as well) since 2001.

I took everything from this thread.

I am still busy with Step EA 1.45 EA. It takes a long time.

Sorry I have been busy yesterday and today... and I just read this now... I know you are working on e-Friday now.. I will work on e-Monday over Saturday and Sunday and post my results on Monday. I also have been forward testing Pricechannel expert this week with good results so far... I will post the results tomorrow.

Can you provide for us the data for the 4 majors (EURUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY and GBPUSD) tick data from 2001 or a link on where to download this. It will be very useful I think

Thanks

Tamershahin:
Sorry I have been busy yesterday and today... and I just read this now... I know you are working on e-Friday now.. I will work on e-Monday over Saturday and Sunday and post my results on Monday. I also have been forward testing Pricechannel expert this week with good results so far... I will post the results tomorrow.

Can you provide for us the data for the 4 majors (EURUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY and GBPUSD) tick data from 2001 or a link on where to download this. It will be very useful I think

Thanks

I got it from here. It is Russian viac forum and I think you need to register to download something (and to see attachments). It is Alpari data, the same with Codersguru provided but back to 2001.

Reason: