Portfolio: PriceChannelExpert and others - page 2

I've tried it on all time frames, even with the metatrader.info data for the euro, and they all turned out as losses...

hi newdigital,

how does it come that in the set files are much more variables than in the EA v4 itself?

It makes not many trades even on 1H.

But if it is traded on various pairs maybe its a good combination.

I got PF 2.41 on EURUSD 1H from mid 2004 to end 2005 with 27 trades.

lomme:
hi newdigital,

how does it come that in the set files are much more variables than in the EA v4 itself?

It makes not many trades even on 1H.

But if it is traded on various pairs maybe its a good combination.

I got PF 2.41 on EURUSD 1H from mid 2004 to end 2005 with 27 trades.

I don't know. I just took EA from the public thread, optimized the settings and did some backtest. I did not test it live.

May be you are using some other version?

Yes during the backtesting I understand that it is not trading very often: 22 trades only on H1 timeframe since 05 of July 2004. It is because it set swing=true. I could not find any good settings without this "swing" on H1 timeframe.

No more suggestions?

Because I want to re-new the EAs testing in this section. I will post more EAs here with pre-set files and backtesting results. I will do it during the two weeks and after that we will create the sets of EAs (sets, portfolio and so on). So it will be the following: set#1 (1,2 or 3 EAs working in one MetaTrader), set #2 and so on. It may be done like in this way: set #1 generated ... pips (and $), set #2 ...

And so on.

Just an idea.

We need EAs working on D1 timeframe (or H1 or H4). We may have it. What we need more? Do we need something to create? I mean EA. Which kind of?

Yes for testing!

Hi Newdigital,

Thanks for all your help!

I think we should test this EA on GBPUSD and maybe on EURUSD as in Backtesting they are are also showing to be profitable and trading at different times and dates than GBPUSD so in combination can be useful and have more trades.

I also think we should test it on both H1 and Daily charts as again it is triggering different trades and still profitable... hence once again increasing the number of trades...

I will start forward testing it with different settings and report which settings seem to work best

Thanks!

Tamershahin:
Newdigital, I think the work you are doing is great and like the ideas of portfolios. Here is my thinking:

It may be a good idea to arrange portfolios to cover the different market conditions:

1) Trending following EAs

2) Ranging trading EAs

3) Scalping EAs

4) Swing Trading EAs

5) EAs that react to news? Are there any?

6) Pivot/Price Channel Based EAs

7) EAs which rely on large stop losses expecting market to fluctuate

8) Contrarian EAs (Trading against trend)

6) Anymore types...?

I am not sure if having a portfolio which mixes the above or just has many EAs of the same type? What do people think? I know some of the above are similar and can be combined together, but I listed them separately to make a starting point.

Well.

So we have the structure now.

What do we have?

We have some EAs under the items #1, #2, #4, #6, #7.

Some of them are testing in this section now (you knowm all of them). Igorad just created very good EA on breakout. I am optimizing the settings right now but seems very good.

As to the "news" EAs so we have 2 or 3. All of them from Kimiv (but other people in Russia are selling these EAs and because of that i think Kimiv posted the EAs in public forums for free).

We do not have good scalper EAs. Firebird EA should be used in particular market condition. It may be the other idea: we may to estimate the future market condition weekly for example (future possible uptrend, downtrend, and so on). But it may be the next idea after portfolio. Means which portfolio (which set) to use.

Thus, for now, I think I will post more EAs with the settings (pre-set files) and backtesting results. It will be new EAs and old EAs. Mainly new. And we will sort them out and will create portfolios.

I see the following:

1. I will post more EAs with pre-sets and backtesting results.

2. I will ask somebody to create 1 or several scalpers (EAs which open and close several trades within a day).

After that we will sort them out and re-new all the section.

And if the member find some good EAs so do not affraid to post here. We will try to optimize the settings and will see: may be we will use them. And you may post backtesting result as well but please with 90% modeling quality only.

Portfolios

Newdigital, I think the work you are doing is great and like the ideas of portfolios. Here is my thinking:

It may be a good idea to arrange portfolios to cover the different market conditions:

1) Trend following EAs

2) Range trading EAs

3) Scalping EAs

4) Swing Trading EAs

5) EAs that react to news? Are there any?

6) Pivot/Price Channel Based EAs

7) EAs which rely on large stop losses expecting market to fluctuate

8) Contrarian EAs (Trading against trend)

6) Anymore types...?

I am not sure if having a portfolio which mixes the above or just has many EAs of the same type? What do people think? I know some of the above are similar and can be combined together, but I listed them separately to make a starting point.

More Portfolio ideas...

A) Portfolios with small initial deposit (as suggested by Newdigital in Envelope thread)

B) Low Risk Portfolio (Small but steady returns)

C) Medium Risk Portfolio

D) High Risk Portfolio

E) Hedging Porfolio?

F) Portfolio with Large initial deposit ONLY

G) etc

We can then use a combination of EAs from the numbered portfolios in the previous posts (a selection from #1 to #8 in above post to make these types of Portfolios)

So what I am saying:

- Have Numbered Portfolios that follow Market Conditions e.g 1) Trend Following Portfolio, etc

- Then have Lettered Portfolios following a style of trading which include a selection of the above e.g B) Low Risk Portfolio (includes EAs from Porfolios #1, #2, #6) This is just an example!!

Yes/No? What do you think?

Good ideas.

So first of all we need some new EAs.

I am optimizing the settings of some new EA created by Igorad now. I finished with GBPUSD and doing USDCHF (H1 and M15 timeframe). Looks very good. I will post EA with pre-set and backtesting of course.

We need more.

What about a portfolio money manager script that automatically controls lot size for trades. So as your equity grows, so does your average lot size amongst all of your EA's, thus achieving the effect of compounding (rather than always doing the 0.1 lot that is used in testing). Note also that it could also adjust lot sizes based on your acceptable risk (low risk = smaller lots), but still have it grow as the account equity grows (or shrink as your equity shrinks).

The portfolio manager could also have an "Order Desk" to make sure only one EA is trying to place an order at a time (a queue is kept for all order requests).

The portfolio manager script could also generate reports, etc.

What do you think? Is this do-able within MT4?

Reason: