Portfolio: PriceChannelExpert and others - page 11

Optimizing process

NewDigital...Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into optimizing and backtesting. I'm curious about how you're optimizing settings...Are you using the same data for optimizing that you use for backtesting? Are you familiar with Walk Forward Optimizing?

gregorino:
NewDigital...Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into optimizing and backtesting. I'm curious about how you're optimizing settings...Are you using the same data for optimizing that you use for backtesting? Are you familiar with Walk Forward Optimizing?

The same.

I do not believe in backtesting in MT4.

I used it just to find some setting.

And I do not belive that it will be the best settings.

But it is better than nothing.

Usually the authors should suggest some settings.

If not we may have some.

As you know I am backtesting the Profit Level, Stop Loss level and Trailing Stop level. I am not backtesting the periods of the indicators and so on.

I am selecting the profit level and stop level. For example, it should be 60 or 70. It's all that I am doing.

EA should be profitable already.

I tried to optimize the Silvertrend (many versions) and Ichimoku5_1 to find some settings.

With no success.

I am optimizing the settings for Mandarine EA. Because I saw many times when it was in profit and EA closed the order with loss. I will try to find the better settings for the portfolio.

Besides, this TradersPowerExpert_v1 did not place the stop orders. And the version #1.1 is not placing. It is very strange: it is ok with backtesting but the orders are not placing in forward testing.

Igorad made the version 1.2. I am forward testing 1.1 and 1.2 versions just to see stop orders placing.

And Igorad made StepEnvelope_v1. All my MetaTraders are busy now so if somebody will do optimization I will post it.

newdigital:
I am optimizing the settings for Mandarine EA. Because I saw many times when it was in profit and EA closed the order with loss. I will try to find the better settings for the portfolio.

Besides, this TradersPowerExpert_v1 did not place the stop orders. And the version #1.1 is not placing. It is very strange: it is ok with backtesting but the orders are not placing in forward testing.

Igorad made the version 1.2. I am forward testing 1.1 and 1.2 versions just to see stop orders placing.

And Igorad made StepEnvelope_v1. All my MetaTraders are busy now so if somebody will do optimization I will post it.

I will optimize

Tamershahin:
I will optimize

Well. The new version of TradersPowerExpert is placing the stop orders with no problems (TradersPowerExpert_v1.2). So please find this new version and pre-set files from Igorad.

I think this new version should be optimized once again because pre-set files which I got from Igorad are with MM.

So we need to do it.

As to Mandarine EA so I am optimizing it during the 3 days already and will do it 2 days more. And it is for EURUSD only. But this EA is very profitable so I will have to do it.

Tamershahin,

May you optimize new TradersPowerExpert (TradersPowerExpert_v1.2)?

Concerning SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert_v1.2 we have the same problem as with TradersPowerExpert 1 and 1.1 versions: problem with stop orders placing. I will ask Igorad to improve this EA as well.

More to follow

So we finished with PriceChannelExpert. We have pre-set files for D1 and H1 timeframes. All that I need just to finish with pre-set fi;es for other pairs than GBPUSD on D1 timeframe (we have everything for H1 with this EA but we need more pairs on D1 timeframe). I will edite my first post on this thread later on.

More to follow.

I just visited this thread and Igorad created some good EA posted in this thread.

Now he improved his EA. He said to me: "I try to improve SimpleBreak...Expert by L.Williams systems. I have developed new version with calculation of Traders Power instead Daily Range."

So please find TradersPowerExpert_v1 (attached).

Edited: Please find the new version attached (TradersPowerExpert_v1.1).

Edited once again: Please find the new version (final one and fully corrected and fixed) - TradersPowerExpert_v1.2. Please use this version only.

SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert_v1.2.1.

EURUSD.

H1 timeframe.

Preset file for EURUSD (attached).

no MM.

1 lot size.

Every tick, modeling quality 90%,

since 06/10/2004 till 26/04/2006,

Profit factor 1.53.

Total trades: 149.

EURUSD.

H1 timeframe.

The same preset file for EURUSD (attached).

no MM.

0.1 lot size.

since 09/01/2001 till 11/11/2005,

Average Profit per 0.1 lots = 46.21

Average Loss per 0.1 lots = 38.79

Maximal Drawdown 7.5%

Profit factor 1.45.

Total trades: 490.

GBPUSD.

H1 timeframe.

Preset file for GBPUSD (attached).

0.1 lot size.

Average Profit per 0.1 lots = 37.42

Average Loss per 0.1 lots = 66.56

Maximal Drawdown 6.3%

Profit factor 1.40.

Total trades: 143.

USDCHF.

H1 timeframe.

Preset file for USDCHF (attached).

0.1 lot size.

since 06/11/2004 till 26/04/2006,

Average Profit per 0.1 lots = 33.79

Average Loss per 0.1 lots = 34.69

Maximal Drawdown 5.1%

Profit factor 1.34.

Total trades: 157.

USDJPY.

H1 timeframe.

Preset file for USDJPY (attached).

0.1 lot size.

Average Profit per 0.1 lots = 39.85

Average Loss per 0.1 lots = 66.28

Maximal Drawdown 5.5%

Profit factor 1.60.

Total trades: 121.

Previous post concerning StepEnvelope was edited: right version of indicator was posted.

And I edited the post #97 two times today (right versions of EAs were posted.

newdigital:
Previous post concerning StepEnvelope was edited: right version of indicator was posted. And I edited the post #97 two times today (right versions of EAs were posted.

Hi newdigital, thank you for the new EA. By the way, I've just checked StepEnvelope EA, I think the header of this EA still TradersPower EA. Nothing wrong with the EA, just I think the header could confuse the user. Hope this help

Reason: