Portfolio: PriceChannelExpert and others - page 11

To add comments, please log in or register
David Michael
David Michael  
Zassax:
I attached Traders Power EA, for a day or two last week on IBFXm but it did not place any orders so I removed it.

Regards

Z

Yes, I experienced the same problem on FxDD MetaTrader 4 platform. Maybe I need to check the code on how the EA put the order.

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  
Zassax:
I attached Traders Power EA, for a day or two last week on IBFXm but it did not place any orders so I removed it.

Regards

Z

Yes the same with me.

I attached this EA during the weekend and there are no any trades till now. No pending orders.

Tamershahin
Tamershahin  
newdigital:
Yes the same with me. I attached this EA during the weekend and there are no any trades till now. No pending orders.

Hmm I don't seem to have this problem... Yesterday, TradersPower sold USDJPY with loss of 81pips.

I also have buy and sellstops for both USDJPY and EURUSD on H1 timeframe. But nothing for USDCHF yet.

Looking back at the backtesting... This EA only trades once or so a week so I guess patience is the key... maybe..

I am testing this on IBFX

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  
Tamershahin:
Hmm I don't seem to have this problem... Yesterday, TradersPower sold USDJPY with loss of 81pips.

I also have buy and sellstops for both USDJPY and EURUSD on H1 timeframe. But nothing for USDCHF yet.

Looking back at the backtesting... This EA only trades once or so a week so I guess patience is the key... maybe..

I am testing this on IBFX

But pending orders should be placed.

Irrespective of.

Igorad made small improvement of this EA increasing the time for pending orders placing. New version is here (I replaced). This improvement will not affect on the backtesting results I think.

gregorino
gregorino  

Optimizing process

NewDigital...Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into optimizing and backtesting. I'm curious about how you're optimizing settings...Are you using the same data for optimizing that you use for backtesting? Are you familiar with Walk Forward Optimizing?

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  
gregorino:
NewDigital...Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into optimizing and backtesting. I'm curious about how you're optimizing settings...Are you using the same data for optimizing that you use for backtesting? Are you familiar with Walk Forward Optimizing?

The same.

I do not believe in backtesting in MT4.

I used it just to find some setting.

And I do not belive that it will be the best settings.

But it is better than nothing.

Usually the authors should suggest some settings.

If not we may have some.

As you know I am backtesting the Profit Level, Stop Loss level and Trailing Stop level. I am not backtesting the periods of the indicators and so on.

I am selecting the profit level and stop level. For example, it should be 60 or 70. It's all that I am doing.

EA should be profitable already.

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  

I tried to optimize the Silvertrend (many versions) and Ichimoku5_1 to find some settings.

With no success.

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  

I am optimizing the settings for Mandarine EA. Because I saw many times when it was in profit and EA closed the order with loss. I will try to find the better settings for the portfolio.

Besides, this TradersPowerExpert_v1 did not place the stop orders. And the version #1.1 is not placing. It is very strange: it is ok with backtesting but the orders are not placing in forward testing.

Igorad made the version 1.2. I am forward testing 1.1 and 1.2 versions just to see stop orders placing.

And Igorad made StepEnvelope_v1. All my MetaTraders are busy now so if somebody will do optimization I will post it.

Tamershahin
Tamershahin  
newdigital:
I am optimizing the settings for Mandarine EA. Because I saw many times when it was in profit and EA closed the order with loss. I will try to find the better settings for the portfolio.

Besides, this TradersPowerExpert_v1 did not place the stop orders. And the version #1.1 is not placing. It is very strange: it is ok with backtesting but the orders are not placing in forward testing.

Igorad made the version 1.2. I am forward testing 1.1 and 1.2 versions just to see stop orders placing.

And Igorad made StepEnvelope_v1. All my MetaTraders are busy now so if somebody will do optimization I will post it.

I will optimize

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  
Tamershahin:
I will optimize

Well. The new version of TradersPowerExpert is placing the stop orders with no problems (TradersPowerExpert_v1.2). So please find this new version and pre-set files from Igorad.

I think this new version should be optimized once again because pre-set files which I got from Igorad are with MM.

So we need to do it.

As to Mandarine EA so I am optimizing it during the 3 days already and will do it 2 days more. And it is for EURUSD only. But this EA is very profitable so I will have to do it.

Tamershahin,

May you optimize new TradersPowerExpert (TradersPowerExpert_v1.2)?

Concerning SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert_v1.2 we have the same problem as with TradersPowerExpert 1 and 1.1 versions: problem with stop orders placing. I will ask Igorad to improve this EA as well.

To add comments, please log in or register