Automated MACD Trader - page 3

FX4$$$:
Hi Dave,

Can you also please explain the "bars less than 100" for me? I keep reading about 'bars' in other EAs and am confused by it.

Thanks

FX4$$$

Hi, it's only to make sure that the number of bar / candlestick on the chart that you are using is not less than 100 bar. This is to prevent any miscalculation if you are using any indicator for your EA. Hope this help

Regarding your other request, give me some time to develop it

babarmughal:
Hi Dave,

Once again thanks for your MACD EA....while testing this EA i have noticed one things and that is "CONFIRMEDENTRY=TRUE or FALSE"......

now if its TRUE then it means that it will place a buy order (Say the trend is UP) the moment histogram enters into +ive phase...thats good...but what if the histogram ends up in -Ive zone.....dont you think it should close that BUY order and Place a Sell order....technically if it can place buy order the moment histogram enters in BUY zone then it should place sell order aswell....RIGHT ??????CUZ in some cases...EA placed the buy order and then after few min. Histogram ends in the -IVE zone and ofcourse u will loose monery....Can you please fix this...other than that its excellent...i will post my statement hopefully nest week...

Thanks

Babar

Hi Babar, if ConfirmedEntry = TRUE , then the EA will BUY only if the MACD histogram (+) zone on the previous bar. If ConfirmedEntry = FALSE, then EA will BUY as soon as the MACD histogram going to (+) zone on the current bar. On both case if the MACD histogram turn back to (-) zone, it will generate a close signal and open SELL trade if you turn StopAndReverse = TRUE. If you put PureSAR = TRUE , the EA will use NO SL, TP and Trailing Stop. Hope this help

firedave:
Hi Babar, if ConfirmedEntry = TRUE , then the EA will BUY only if the MACD histogram (+) zone on the previous bar. If ConfirmedEntry = FALSE, then EA will BUY as soon as the MACD histogram going to (+) zone on the current bar. On both case if the MACD histogram turn back to (-) zone, it will generate a close signal and open SELL trade if you turn StopAndReverse = TRUE. If you put PureSAR = TRUE , the EA will use NO SL, TP and Trailing Stop. Hope this help

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your help and reply....well I already tested what u have explained...but if the CONFIRMEDENTRY is False then it will buy if the histogram crosses 0 but if it rebounds then in my back test it will not close the BUY order which it should do and open a SELL order...please can you do back test with CONFIRMEDENTRY = FALSE and STOPANDREVERSE=TRUE...you will see the results or may it will work on forward test but not on backtest....what do you think..?? and yes i have managed to put the RSI..thanks for asking...

Thanks

Babar

babarmughal:
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your help and reply....well I already tested what u have explained...but if the CONFIRMEDENTRY is False then it will buy if the histogram crosses 0 but if it rebounds then in my back test it will not close the BUY order which it should do and open a SELL order...please can you do back test with CONFIRMEDENTRY = FALSE and STOPANDREVERSE=TRUE...you will see the results or may it will work on forward test but not on backtest....what do you think..?? and yes i have managed to put the RSI..thanks for asking...

Thanks

Babar

Hi Babar, thank you for the feed back, I will check the problem

firedave:
Hi, it's only to make sure that the number of bar / candlestick on the chart that you are using is not less than 100 bar. This is to prevent any miscalculation if you are using any indicator for your EA. Hope this help Regarding your other request, give me some time to develop it

Dave,

So you are saying the bars>100 is looking for history on my chart? Are there certain parameters on my chart top make sure I am in compliance? This is still a gray area for me, sorry.

Thanks again for helping me..looking forward to seeing the CCI addition and hoping to include multiple time frames. Can that be done on one EA?

FX4$$$

HI Dave,

I am testing this EA in Demo mode....but for some reason it is not opening any trades on 1M or 5M....can you please have a look whats wrong with it...

Thanks

Babar

FX4$$$:
Dave,

So you are saying the bars>100 is looking for history on my chart? Are there certain parameters on my chart top make sure I am in compliance? This is still a gray area for me, sorry.

Thanks again for helping me..looking forward to seeing the CCI addition and hoping to include multiple time frames. Can that be done on one EA?

FX4$$$

Hi, usually you don't need to do anything about that function. But to make it sure you could go to TOOLS menu, then choose OPTIONS, look on CHARTS tab. At the bottom there is MAX BARS IN HISTORY and MAX BAR IN CHART. Put maximum number you can get such as 999999999999999999, it will take care the matter for you. Hope this help

By the way what is the trading rule for using CCI ? Thank you in advance

babarmughal:
HI Dave,

I am testing this EA in Demo mode....but for some reason it is not opening any trades on 1M or 5M....can you please have a look whats wrong with it...

Thanks

Babar

Hi Babar, will check that, thank you

Trading rule for CCI

firedave:
Hi, usually you don't need to do anything about that function. But to make it sure you could go to TOOLS menu, then choose OPTIONS, look on CHARTS tab. At the bottom there is MAX BARS IN HISTORY and MAX BAR IN CHART. Put maximum number you can get such as 999999999999999999, it will take care the matter for you. Hope this help By the way what is the trading rule for using CCI ? Thank you in advance

Thanks for info on Bars..I think I am starting to see the light

On the CCI I use a Period 14 setting. A buy signal would be when CCI goes above +50 and MACD histogram is > 0. A sell signal the CCI would be < -50 and MACD histogram < 0.

Are you in the april contest? The forum seems quieter these days in general.

Everyone must be busy coding, testing and trading.

Thanks.

FX4$$$

HI FX4,

your idea is good i can integrate CCI in MACD but ....we need to solve the problem first which I mentioned above...that it is not opening positions...WHY...

Dave please help...

Thanks

Babar

Reason: