Universal MA Cross EA - page 7

Stopandreverse

HI Dave,

I have noticed one thing that if you put STOPANDREVERSE=FALSE...backtest shows excellent results....and all positive trades...........how come.....they are not following the rules of EMA crossing.....

Can you please explain stop and reverse indetail...

Thanks

Babar

babarmughal:
HI Dave,

I have noticed one thing that if you put STOPANDREVERSE=FALSE...backtest shows excellent results....and all positive trades...........how come.....they are not following the rules of EMA crossing.....

Can you please explain stop and reverse indetail...

Thanks

Babar

Hi Babar, if StopAndReverse set to FALSE, the EA won't close any open trade (unless stopped our or hit TP) if there is an opposite signal. If you are using trailing stop, the EA will maintain the current open trade without adding new position. After that trade been close, the EA will open a new trade on next signal, regardless if it's the same direction from the last trade.

I could add a feature to trade multiple trader if you like, so if there is an open trade and there is a new opposite signal, the EA will add new position (with different direction) without closing the current open trade. Some how it will perform a hegde trade (one buy and one sell) and the EA will maintain any trailing stop on both position. If none of these trades is close yet, but there is another new opposite signal, the EA will add another position according to the signal.

Let me know if you need this new feature. Hope this help

Hi Dave

Thanks for your reply...I think the current system is fine....we dont need Hedge system.....i will try this again....thanks for your help

Babar

HI DAve,,

StopAndReverse (default true)

If set to TRUE, will exit any trade and reverse position when signal change.

PureSAR (default false)

If set to TRUE, will use no Stop Loss - Take Profit - and Trailing Stop. This is always in play setting.

if I make PURESAR=TRUE then it will make STOPANDREVERSE=Disable....right ???

Thanks

Babar

babarmughal:
HI DAve,,

StopAndReverse (default true)

If set to TRUE, will exit any trade and reverse position when signal change.

PureSAR (default false)

If set to TRUE, will use no Stop Loss - Take Profit - and Trailing Stop. This is always in play setting.

if I make PURESAR=TRUE then it will make STOPANDREVERSE=Disable....right ???

Thanks

Babar

Nope. If you set PureSAR = TRUE it means StopAndReverse = TRUE with StopLoss = 0, TakeProfit = 0, and TrailingStop = 0. Hope this help

Thank you Dave for this great work .

I have a suggestion I don't know if it could have some benefits

1- If we could use a third MA ( Like EMA 100 ) so if the price is above EMA100, then EA goes longs only, and vise versa .

Or it could be more complicated , so if the price is above EMA100 then EA goes longs with Trend_TProfit and Trend_SLoss , and go shorts with Non_Trend_TProfit and Non_Trend_SLoss which are lesser than Trended one .

2- I think it will be great if you could add the feature you have mentioned ( adding a new position with different direction without closing the current open trade )

Thank you again .

Ammar

{ "results": [ {"date":"1607146454","module":"mql5.com.en.forum","id":"3_357227","info":{"url":"https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/357227","author_name":"peithetrader","author_login":"peithetrader","title":"My MT5 stopped responding all of a sudden"},"text":"Hi Everyone, This morning I suspect that I might caught a virus on my computer after downloading cheap trading course from a website loaded with spyware. Afterwards I downloaded an VPN to protect my idenity from theft. All of a sudden my Meta5trader stopped running on both my iphone and my new window's laptop. I'm on a DEMO account ? How could this be? Can someone help me? Can you trade with the VPN turned on? Thanks, Julie"}, {"date":"1587732994","module":"mql5.com.en.forum","id":"3_338483_16055053","info":{"url":"https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/338483/16055053#comment_16055053","author_name":"Sergey Golubev","author_login":"newdigital","title":"Use of free signals on live account","avatar60x60":"https://c.mql5.com/avatar/2012/12/50D09349-3D90.jpg"},"text":"Demo account can subscribe to 'demo ' (free) signals and real (paid) signals, and real account to 'real ' signals. Signal based on the real account available only for paid subscription."}, {"date":"1487178630","module":"mql5.com.en.forum","id":"3_170279_4096443","info":{"url":"https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/170279/4096443#comment_4096443","author_name":"Sergey Golubev","author_login":"newdigital","title":"New to fx...how to subscribe to a signal on mt4 demo?","avatar60x60":"https://c.mql5.com/avatar/2012/12/50D09349-3D90.jpg"},"text":"As far as I know - Demo account can subscribe to 'demo ' signals and real signals, and real account to 'real ' signals. Signal based on the real account available only for paid subscription."} ], "error":"ok" }

Hi Dave,

Can you please put Parabolic SAR into this EA...that will be great....

Thanks

Babar

ammar:
Thank you Dave for this great work .

I have a suggestion I don't know if it could have some benefits

1- If we could use a third MA ( Like EMA 100 ) so if the price is above EMA100, then EA goes longs only, and vise versa .

Or it could be more complicated , so if the price is above EMA100 then EA goes longs with Trend_TProfit and Trend_SLoss , and go shorts with Non_Trend_TProfit and Non_Trend_SLoss which are lesser than Trended one .

2- I think it will be great if you could add the feature you have mentioned ( adding a new position with different direction without closing the current open trade )

Thank you again .

Ammar

Hi Ammar, thank you for the suggetion. Already working on this one, will post it later today. Hope this help

Reason: