Automated MACD Trader - page 9

EBTAFOLLOWER:
Here is one I found at MQL4.COM.

They use it there to make points (explain how things work) about genetic algorithm optimization and order management.

I am not saying that this EA attached here uses either mechanism well, all I am saying is that the EA is used in those articles as an example for modifications.

I would not recommend you use this EA to trade live, use it just to learn about how to code something similar to what you are looking for.

FWIW

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1409

How do you control the lot size?

it seems to be harcoded

Looking at the code, it seems to me that it is hardcoded to be 0.1 lots, in both OP_BUY and OP_SELL

EBTAFOLLOWER:
Looking at the code, it seems to me that it is hardcoded to be 0.1 lots, in both OP_BUY and OP_SELL

The one you posted above places the trades or no?

I just got this alert windows pop up.

it does...for me

yes, it does........

Rinnegato:
Use for a long time this expert on two frame different with bonds turns out to you, but second you it is not better to automate this pointer? to eye it would have to go very better.

HUH???

fxnewbie:
Browsing I find this old thread. Mayby was abandoned too quickly I think MACD sample that comes with MT platforms can be a very good EA adding MM, SL and BE. Take a look

Hey fxnewbie,

Are you saavy to the 4hr. MACD strategy? Check attachments.

I agree that with a few tweaks, this e.a. could be extremely profitable. I think using the MegaTrend or like a non-lag MA in conjunction with this might improve it and I have a good idea for MM. Also see attachments.

After you read it over, let me know what you think. I will upload pics when I get home.

P.S.

If you use Fast EMA=5, Slow EMA=13, and Signal SMA=3 settings, you can trade divergence when histogram bars dip under or above Signal SMA line. Put it on your chart and you'll see what I mean.

I will post pics when I get home from the J.O.B.

Peace,

F.F.L.

forex_for_life:
Hey fxnewbie,

Are you saavy to the 4hr. MACD strategy? Check attachments.

I agree that with a few tweaks, this e.a. could be extremely profitable. I think using the MegaTrend or like a non-lag MA in conjunction with this might improve it and I have a good idea for MM. Also see attachments.

After you read it over, let me know what you think. I will upload pics when I get home.

P.S.

If you use Fast EMA=5, Slow EMA=13, and Signal SMA=3 settings, you can trade divergence when histogram bars dip under or above Signal SMA line. Put it on your chart and you'll see what I mean.

I will post pics when I get home from the J.O.B.

Peace,

F.F.L.

Hi F.F.L. !!!

MACD is one of my favorite indicators, and I think one of the best pip collecters available, but undervaluated by traders this times. I have some good settings for lower TF and his win ratio are very high if we are not so greedy and allways watch the news.

Your strategy looks very good and developed. I am travelling very much this days, but as soon I return home I will dedicate the necessary time to take a meticulous look at your findings.

I use MACD in my trading in lower TFs (30 min- 60 min) with 0 and (+-) 0.0005 levels to confirm the signals of other Indys. In 4 H., I usually use MACD to check general trend, together with stochastics.

Maybe you can begin a new thread open to all of us people interested in trading with MACD alone or as part of a strategy with other indys, so we can freely exchange experiences. Who knows, maybe we can end with a very good EA as results

Tks a lot, mate.

StrategyTester

Hi there,

I tested 'macd sample'.. the default one.. and i added one line "Print("Close MacdCurrent "+MacdCurrent+" MacdPre "+ MacdPrevious)",

just to see the macdCurrent.. and i have 2 values from this line, the first one its 0.074 on chart and the second one in the journal its 0.070 !?

What can i do to have on chart and in the journal same value.. ?

Because when i make an EA.. i use the chart value.. and i am really confused..

Files:
current_line.jpg  712 kb

Need an EA for a system that seems to work

Hi I am new here. I have been working on a system that sounds crazy but it does seem to work. Can anyone make an EA so that I can test the system and improve it with the help of people on this forum.

I will give the basics of the system here and if I get some positive help I will then publish the "finishing touches" to the system.

Here are the steps.

Sell Trades

1. I am working on daily charts for GBP USD but it seems to work for all pairs on all time frames.

2. If MACD is above zero on the bar that has just closed then place a sell order for the price of the high on the previous bar. The take profit level is 100 pips.

3. At the close of the present bar check to see if any of our open positions are in profit. Close all current trades that are in profit.

4. We need an equity out option. This will have to be alterable according to the pair that we trade and the time frame. We will pretend that it is 500 pips. So at any time intra bar that we have an aggregate profit on open trades of 500 pips then all open trades are closed instantly at market price. This means that we would closing some winning trades and some losers. The aim is take profits regularly and try to avoid too many big losers.

5. If we have just exercised the equity out option the system should then close all pending trades.

Buy Trades

1. I am working on daily charts for GBP USD but it seems to work for all pairs on all time frames.

2. If MACD is BELOW zero on the bar that has just closed then place a buy order for the price of the low on the previous bar. The take profit level is 100 pips.

3. At the close of the present bar check to see if any of our open positions are in profit. Close all current trades that are in profit.

4. We need an equity out option. This will have to be alterable according to the pair that we trade and the time frame. We will pretend that it is 500 pips. So at any time intra bar that we have a profit on open trades of 500 pips then all open trades are closed instantly at market price.

5. If we have just exercised the equity out option the system should then close all pending trades.

I know it seems very simple and a bit reckless but I would invite you too look at a few daily charts.

The system will make a few very poor trades but hopefully some of the exit stategies listed above should get us out of the market with our account in tact.

As I said I need an EA so that I can properly test and develop the system.

I hope that you can help.

I

Check EA from post #15 of this thread.

Reason: