Automated MACD Trader - page 2

Hi babar, can you post the screen shot of MACD indicator you like to use so I could have better understanding on your trading rule ? Hope this help

i want to use the default settings 12, 26, 9....but i want to trade when histogram closes above "0"...the first bar....and close buy position when the first bar closes below 0....and same for short positions....

thanks dave for ur help....

hello dave,

how is the EA going.........

Thanks

Babar

Excellent stuff DAVE.....thanks alot...will test this soon....

Hi babar, here is the EA. I'm just backtest it and seems not quite profitable. Maybe you could try and give the best setup. On this EA you could set SL, TP and Trailing Stop. But if you set PureSAR to TRUE, then it will reset all SL, TP and Trailing Stop to zero, and trade purely on signal stop and reverse. Hope this help

ps. sorry, you need this custom indicator to run the EA

Files:
imacd.mq4  4 kb

Hi Dave,

Once again thanks for your MACD EA....while testing this EA i have noticed one things and that is "CONFIRMEDENTRY=TRUE or FALSE"......

now if its TRUE then it means that it will place a buy order (Say the trend is UP) the moment histogram enters into +ive phase...thats good...but what if the histogram ends up in -Ive zone.....dont you think it should close that BUY order and Place a Sell order....technically if it can place buy order the moment histogram enters in BUY zone then it should place sell order aswell....RIGHT ??????CUZ in some cases...EA placed the buy order and then after few min. Histogram ends in the -IVE zone and ofcourse u will loose monery....Can you please fix this...other than that its excellent...i will post my statement hopefully nest week...

Thanks

Babar

HI Dave,,

Just one more thing....

can you please out RSI in this EA...that will be great....

Thanks

Hi babar, I will take a look on the code for your request. By the way do you have any rule for the RSI ? Do you like to combine MACD and RSI as the filter ? Thank you

Firedave,

I am also interested in this EA with the MACD but I want to compare the data over 3 periods such as 5M, 15M and 30M with CCI14 + or -50 before placing the trade. I am new to this style of programming. Can you help me, please?

Thanks

FX4$$$

Bars

Hi Dave,

Can you also please explain the "bars less than 100" for me? I keep reading about 'bars' in other EAs and am confused by it.

Thanks

FX4$$$

Reason: