The "XO"-Method......... - page 25

Pip Trip:
I was at first frustrated when I first was refreshing the screen while using these indicators. But after trading them while leaving the screen intact, I started noticing the power and beauty they have to offer.

Here's the brief again from Keris who started the whole "Multi timeframe Indicator craze":

"I'll try to clarify how the MTF indicators work. When I first put them together, I knew that they "repainted" themselves, but not in the way you may be thinking.

The MTF indicators show the longer timeframe in increments of the shorter timeframe. So, you see the progression of the longer timeframe. Example: MTF 30 on a M5 chart. At :05, :10, :15, :20, and :25, you see exactly what has been happening on the M30 bar. At the close of :30 the MTF bar will look just like the bar on the M30 timeframe. The next MTF bar (:35) starts the progression of the next M30 bar.

So, as I said, you see the progression of the longer timeframe. When you remove and reattach an MTF indicator, all the data telling it about the progession is gone, so all it can do is look at the OHLC of the M30 bar. Thus, it appears as though the indicator "repainted" itself, when it's really just showing you what the closing values are on the longer timeframe bar. It's the same data you got on the :30 MTF bar.

The main idea behind them is that they let you see what is happening right now on different timeframes, without the need for multiple charts. Kinda like the Forex Freeway indicator.

I know that all sounds confusing, but it's really quite simple. Just hard to explain. Let me know if you have any questions."

Keris

PipTrip, I wish EVERYONE would read your words of encouragement - If I knew how to highlight just that section, I would have liked to just have those words in this reply. I cannot describe it any better.

Yes, the XO-Oscillator is amazing to say the least. However, I am working on what I think is an adjunct to this method with the very kind help of my friend, ForexFX. The results this far is very encouraging and I may post the results by the end of this week. Where as we cannot back-test the XO-Oscillator, this new addition can be and that will leave people with the weekend to check it out, providing they marked their entries this week of course.

Best wishes, always.

Ive had a few bad signals on this, Not sure if I have the CCI set up right.

Everything seems to be set to 14 or 6 with the exception of Trends which are set to 50.

Are these the correct settings.

Thanks

Thanx for the reply. I need an advise. What is the better way to enter a trade if we missed the entry, about 4 ~ 5 bar?

This is the trade that i missed a better entry. I enter trade based on CCI-14 < 250 (but earlier the CCI exceed 250?). It could be down at that time, but eventually EUR/USD continue goes up. And i also need an advise from more experienced trader, at what point you would think of exiting? Is it when the purple CCI line goes below 0? I exit/alert myself from this trade base on Murrey Math.

Is my setting alright? Please correct me if i do some mistake/wrong configuration.

Thank you

kurt_issac:
Thanx for the reply. I need an advise. What is the better way to enter a trade if we missed the entry, about 4 ~ 5 bar?

This is the trade that i missed a better entry. I enter trade based on CCI-14 < 250 (but earlier the CCI exceed 250?). It could be down at that time, but eventually EUR/USD continue goes up. And i also need an advise from more experienced trader, at what point you would think of exiting? Is it when the purple CCI line goes below 0? I exit/alert myself from this trade base on Murrey Math.

Is my setting alright? Please correct me if i do some mistake/wrong configuration.

Thank you

The Turbo very clearly indicated that the trade was not going short. When the turbo does what it did here in your screenshot and the CCI-34 did not follow, you must know that it is just a retracement.

Sorry about your loss, but that was an obvious "no-no".

I have different exiting techniques, but best is for the change in colour of any 2 timeframes, which if you use the new 4 or 5_XO, is clearly visible on one window. You may make a few less pips, but until you have worked out how to combine it with Murrey_Math lines and Pivots (see earlier posts regarding what we use - that is people like myself, MoneyLine et al)

Best wishes, always.

droesparky:
Ive had a few bad signals on this, Not sure if I have the CCI set up right.

Everything seems to be set to 14 or 6 with the exception of Trends which are set to 50.

Are these the correct settings.

Thanks

My settings are 34/14 for the first 2 settings (that is the 1m and 5m) and everyone else thereafter 14/6.

May I suggest that you draw a Magenta line set on 2 over the 180-line so that you can see when your turbo is "overheated". (I do the same for my 250 and 350-lines incidentally - Gold for 250 and RED for 350 and that will be the lines to watch out for when the CCI-34 reaches those extremes.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes, always.

super Xo indicator

just a contribution

I think i got it all right

:-) enjoy

Files:
xo.mq4  3 kb
eur.gif  22 kb

Perky:
super Xo indicator

just a contribution

I think i got it all right

:-) enjoy

Thanks Perky, I was wondering when you will show up? I am your "friend" in SA and you have helped me a lot in the past for which I am very greatful and will always be.

Best wishes always.

ValeoFX:
The Turbo very clearly indicated that the trade was not going short. When the turbo does what it did here in your screenshot and the CCI-34 did not follow, you must know that it is just a retracement.

Sorry about your loss, but that was an obvious "no-no".

I have different exiting techniques, but best is for the change in colour of any 2 timeframes, which if you use the new 4 or 5_XO, is clearly visible on one window. You may make a few less pips, but until you have worked out how to combine it with Murrey_Math lines and Pivots (see earlier posts regarding what we use - that is people like myself, MoneyLine et al)

Best wishes, always.

Thanks for the reply. I did went long in this short up-trend, ended up less than 20pips. I didn't dare goes againts the trend. The 'turbo' you mean, is the purple line? Sorry i am still trying to understand few new terms.

I do not understand how to change to which one is CCI-34, is it that you change the TrendCCI_Period, or EntryCCI_Period? Sorry if i am asking too much

ScreenShot please?

ValeoFX:
My settings are 34/14 for the first 2 settings (that is the 1m and 5m) and everyone else thereafter 14/6.

May I suggest that you draw a Magenta line set on 2 over the 180-line so that you can see when your turbo is "overheated". (I do the same for my 250 and 350-lines incidentally - Gold for 250 and RED for 350 and that will be the lines to watch out for when the CCI-34 reaches those extremes.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes, always.

Thank you, that clears things up a little. Would you be so kind as to post a screenshot, thank you.

ValeoFX:
Dan, I was also frustrated this morning!I have added the Hist_StepMA_Stoch_KV1_ex_02_with filters onto a second 5m chart last week already and it helped a lot. Still not perfect as you can see from this morning's GBP/USD trade. However, it kept me out of most of the trouble. On top of that I open a 1-m chart with the "XO-method" (I post it here as well for everyone's perusal and comments), which helped me stay out during the choppy times.

Let us add and subtract to what we have until we are in agreement that it is good enough for anyone to trade and be successful.

The announcement was a bit of a deterent, but look what happenend if it is in the right direction and if you obey the "XO-method" on the 5-m chart.

Please guys (and dolls ) be honest and let us work this out together.

Wishing you all LONG pockets and SHORT arms.

Hello again, is the Hist_StepMA_Stoch_KV1_Ex_02_with Filterlevels.mq4 goes in the same window with Hist_StepMA_Stoch_KV1_Ex_02?

When i attach Hist_StepMA_Stoch_KV1_Ex_02_with Filterlevels.mq4, it was blank, and the highest level was -9000... (above 0 level), and 9000... (below 0 level)

Reason: