TrendstrenghtEMA - page 7

New to forex

Dear Braindancer,

What a great effort of putting one simple system which is easy to use and profitable. I have join the forum and very fortunately click on your thread. I have read through the thread and very excited to test it out. I have set it into my MT4 however not single entry yet executed. I have set the TP to 10pips as suggested for the testing while the rest of the setting is set to default. And FYI this is done in H1. Is that all that i need to set.

I would very much appreciated if anyone can assist me on this. Did i do any setting incorrectly here.

Can't resist the temptation to try......

Not to forget the rest of the crew of making this system a success. Keep up the good work.

Thanks in advance.

HI Marlaust, Was your Take Profit set at 10 for the week you are referring to which is the same TP you had used in your post from March 31? What TP will you be testing this week? I am testing TP at 20 pips and Stop loss at 40. Thanks, Goldensight.

marlaust:
Thanks to everyone for helping & sharing here with this EA. It had another great week for me. Out of 6 lost trades, 4 were on the 30 min time frame, it did better on the 60 min chart. I am trying it on 4 hour this week to compare.

Thanks Firedave, I have started testing your amended one with MM. I think I will stop the 30 min one all together, and also delete the audusd, it always seems to give a negative result with trendstrendgthema.ea.

I am hoping for a 3rd week with positive results. Good trading to you all!

OK let's start from the begining.

First I would like to answer questions

- What is 4x Jen,

well i made a mistake here and pressed the wrong button it should be 4xYen

it means I test the four Yen crosses with the currencies inside the parenthesis

And that would be AusJpy,EurJpy,GbpJpy and of course the greenback one.

I'm sorry, my mistake

- I think we should test diffrent settings with this EA to find the best one, if I give you mine, everyone will test only mine, and that's no good. Beacuse I don't know if they are good or bad, only time will tell. I used backtests to find good settings that give profits, I don't know if they will be profitable in forward tests, we will see. I will give statements on how this new EA performed over time and my settings , for now I think people should use diffrent settings, this is the only way to find the best ones.

For example on monday I used M30 with diffrent settings and it was a total mistake.

- I put the EA to work on FIBOGROUP MT4 (I don't like the broker, and that's why i choose this one, if it will be profitable on this one, it shall be profitable on everyone

-Jebartzz, we will see if the EA is profitable, right now it gives beautiful backtests

only forward tests matter, we all know that.

-where did you read that 10TP is suggested (see, that's why I hate giving settings at the begining, now everyone will use 10TP

Jebartzz, run backtest and see which settings give good profits, USE THEM instead of the ones you find on the thread, this is the only and best way.

If you will have good consistent results post them, but after some time of testing.

This EA on H1 opens just a couple trades per day so don't worry

If the face next to EA name smiles at you, everything is ok, maybe you will smile too when the profits come .

And now, what do we had today

1. Today we had GB Merchandise Trade Balance data release, and it was such a beautiful set of numbers that a spike was born after announcement.

How big the spike (46pips) and what TrenstrenghtEMA did, nothing

in other words , it saved us money

2.As i looked on my laptop on the afternoon there were new trades opened

EurUSd and GbpUsd, which should be profitable right now, as i look at the chart on my desktop and the old EurJpy still fighting for money I think.

I'll check laptop see how it's going

EUrUSD closed in profit

EURJPY closed in profit

GbpUsd loss (the SL on my setting is too close, it would be profitable right now if the SL was bigger, hmm, must change it)

EURUSD order opened right now , and in profit

We must experiment with the settings

Greets

Here is the trend traffic indicator to include the TrendStrengthEMA (purple line), I think this can help us filter out bad signals. See discription here

Braindancer, I totally agree, 30 min is not good. I will stick with 1 hour for now, and yes thanks I have downloaded Firedave's amended version. I have it on a different set of charts just to compare.

and

Hi Goldensight, yes I still use a 10 pip TP, mainly because my thought at the miniute is just to increase the lot numbers on the trade, rather than go for longer pips.

Braindancer:

- I think we should test diffrent settings with this EA to find the best one, if I give you mine, everyone will test only mine, and that's no good. Beacuse I don't know if they are good or bad, only time will tell. I used backtests to find good settings that give profits, I don't know if they will be profitable in forward tests, we will see. I will give statements on how this new EA performed over time and my settings , for now I think people should use diffrent settings, this is the only way to find the best ones.

For example on monday I used M30 with diffrent settings and it was a total mistake.

That makes sense. Sheep mentality is pervasive in forums.

The problem is a lot of people just wait for the others to test it and never contribute any statements of forward test to the public.

I can't call them leechers but it just irritate me when only a few attach statements regulary. What's so hard about exporting a statement from MT4, posting in a forum and hitting the attach button?!?!? Lazy #$@!&... :P

Sorry to rant about this but it's my pet peeve.

Good luck on your testings and looking forward to exchange settings & statements with you.

Sada

Hi

I'm glad you agree with me on that matter.

I think I can give few tips on the settings

-for Gbp crosses I suggest using biger SL, They are very volatile and they need a bit more space to gain speed and produce profit.

Don't forget TrendstrenghtEMA is not an oscillator and it produces signal after the trend is born, it follows the trend, that's why the SL must be quite big ( not to big of course)

I can tell one thing, if I would set the SL and trailing stop bigger on all crosses I test, the account would be larger than it is now (much larger)

So be carefull with the SL and trailing stop settings

- and to trading

the fourth trade (EurUsd) closed in profit

UsdYen now opened and in profit ( nice profit )

EA works very nice,

Nicolishen, the indicator is beautifull, i must take a closer look on how it performs live, I think it could be usefull for us, thanks !

Happy trading !

Testing the ind

Braindancer:

-Jebartzz, we will see if the EA is profitable, right now it gives beautiful backtests

only forward tests matter, we all know that.

-where did you read that 10TP is suggested (see, that's why I hate giving settings at the begining, now everyone will use 10TP

Jebartzz, run backtest and see which settings give good profits, USE THEM instead of the ones you find on the thread, this is the only and best way.

If you will have good consistent results post them, but after some time of testing.

This EA on H1 opens just a couple trades per day so don't worry

If the face next to EA name smiles at you, everything is ok, maybe you will smile too when the profits come .

About the TP it is not from you (braindancer) actually, it is from someone else testing with the setting. I think form someone on this thread, but could not recall that.

I am very excited to do the test with other configuration, and with that I would required some help since I am very new in the field. Could anybody assist me on how to do the backtest. Is it just testing it in the metatrader (using strategy tester) or do we go and test it on other platform. And other than that where can i get the previous data that can be use for the testing and how do i go about use the data for this purpose.

I would appreciate if anyone can assist me on this task. Probably later on I can put some result of my testing and hopefully give some recommendation.

Braindancer:
Hi

I'm glad you agree with me on that matter.

I think I can give few tips on the settings

-for Gbp crosses I suggest using biger SL, They are very volatile and they need a bit more space to gain speed and produce profit.

Don't forget TrendstrenghtEMA is not an oscillator and it produces signal after the trend is born, it follows the trend, that's why the SL must be quite big ( not to big of course)

I can tell one thing, if I would set the SL and trailing stop bigger on all crosses I test, the account would be larger than it is now (much larger)

So be carefull with the SL and trailing stop settings

- and to trading

the fourth trade (EurUsd) closed in profit

UsdYen now opened and in profit ( nice profit )

EA works very nice,

Nicolishen, the indicator is beautifull, i must take a closer look on how it performs live, I think it could be usefull for us, thanks !

Happy trading !

About what version EA laid out you speak here? And what parameters ?

Reason: