TrendstrenghtEMA - page 3

Hi

just to check EA i did time frame 1 minute even it did not open trade.

Pls can you attach EA again here. and with which broker you did back testing.

Pls can you attach test result so i can compare my setting.

kumawat:
Hi

just to check EA i did time frame 1 minute even it did not open trade.

Pls can you attach EA again here. and with which broker you did back testing.

Pls can you attach test result so i can compare my setting.

M1 should ok. I am using EURUSD H1 and it opened a trade last night (27.03.2006 22.00).

I am using Neuimex and attached is my backtesting results for March.

Attached is comparison of TrendStrengthEMA and standard MACD indicator on 1H chart. MACD "only" lagging 1 bar. This idea is from a poster on original thread. Well, I'm just playing with the indicator

Files:

now I get the point, the mysterious indicator was simple macd and the post was made for fun only. And I revieved the formula of trendstrenght in search of that mysteriuos thing and it gave us smoother MACD, crazy indeed.

Braindancer:
now I get the point, the mysterious indicator was simple macd and the post was made for fun only. And I revieved the formula of trendstrenght in search of that mysteriuos thing and it gave us smoother MACD, crazy indeed.

Well, at least your indicator is ahead by one bar, which can make a lot of difference.

pengie:
Well, at least your indicator is ahead by one bar, which can make a lot of difference.

This is just based on the pic posted above by firedave, but you guys have it backwards... MACD leads Trendstrength by one bar. Check the pic again. In every one of the examples, MACD crosses the zero-line first. In the second instance, MACD is two bars faster.

Keris

:)

I guys!

I effectively pointed this out yesterday as I found it funny that the mysterious indicator was in fact the macd

Sometimes we are so much searching for new ideas that we forget our old good ones!By the way the standard macd as a swing indicator is not so bad ::)

And the work to try modify the strenghtema is great because this is with all the time researching and trying new ideas that one day a good one will emerge!

The difficulties many people using indicators are facing are that they are searching for a trend indicator in a trendy market that will also be good in oscillating market. Me too I wish I found such an indicator!:)

Yesterday I proposed something to Igorad in the thread regarding his stepchoppy indicator. I think that many ways of exploration to find good trend indicators or good oscillators have been found; I thus proposed a kind of compromise to Igorad : use a trend/swing indicator which is working fine (like his stepchoppy for trend) and in the code add a condition that will "switch" the sensitity for reversal whenever the trend appears to exhaust.

As you know, there are many ways to "imagine" a market is exhausting verbought/oversold levels, price travelling by 300 or 400 pips because it will not definitely go in the same direction, limits of channels (atr channels, keltner...)as I proposed, and so on...The idea being an indicator switching its sensitivity for reversal from 1/trend mode to 2/oscillating (ranging) mode as some exhaustion of the market is appearing.

Now the contrary is true also : we can take a great oscillating indicator, and putting conditions to switch mode when a trend seems to appear; the questions remain, how to identify the trend : when a x% retracement on the last swing appear? when price is breaking high/low of the last x days? etc...

I think it will be interesting to try to build such "compromised" indicators like this, that are good at doing one job (trend or range) and change their sensitivity to reversal as price is approaching certain levels/limits...

Well this is just an idea,

Have all a nice day ahead!

VN

keris2112:
This is just based on the pic posted above by firedave, but you guys have it backwards... MACD leads Trendstrength by one bar. Check the pic again. In every one of the examples, MACD crosses the zero-line first. In the second instance, MACD is two bars faster. Keris

Yes Keris, you are right. It's my mistake, actually MACD even faster than TrendStrengthEMA. MACD cross zero line first then TrendStrengthEMA later. Thank you Keris. And thank you nedtour for the idea

Damn! in fact, Trendstrenght is less choppy but it's also bit slower than MACD. It's the oldest problem on earth, less choppy means slower, faster reactions to price change means choppier. Huh i wonder if we ever gonna find an indicator that would solve our problems, having oscilator and trend following system in one piece of code . But as they say if you won't search you won't find.

As to idea presented by nedtour it seems that it's a way indicators should react to price change over time.

We must continue experimenting, it's the only way to create something new

greets !

Braindancer:
Damn! in fact, Trendstrenght is less choppy but it's also bit slower than MACD. It's the oldest problem on earth, less choppy means slower, faster reactions to price change means choppier. Huh i wonder if we ever gonna find an indicator that would solve our problems, having oscilator and trend following system in one piece of code . But as they say if you won't search you won't find.

As to idea presented by nedtour it seems that it's a way indicators should react to price change over time.

We must continue experimenting, it's the only way to create something new

greets !

Have you checked out Kalenzo's Ki Indicator?

Reason: