TrendstrenghtEMA - page 4

Yea, I've checked it a while ago. I'm sure he must have improved his indicator by the time I've last read the thread about it.

I take a closer look at it

greets

Thanks Braindancer for this indicator & Penge for the EA

Thanks for these simple indicators & ea's... I have tried it over the last few hours on a few pairs to result in 5 straight profit trades, I did change the TP to 10 pips to try it for a scalping exit, so far it has proved OK, I will leave it run for a few days and get back with any results. A 6th trade is open now for a buy on the chf at 3096.

Thanks Marlaust, I've also tried the EA on diffrent configurations, and for sure it can give profits.

I'm also sure that TrendstrenghtEMA need some improvements, if we could make it that one bar ahead of MACD and much less choppy than the legendary tool that would be something, maybe we should focus on smaller timeframe, hmm.

TrendStrength Indicator

Look at Attched Graph. Orange Line indicator is Original "TrendStrength" Indicator and Blue line indicator modified "TrendStrength RMD"

In up Trend, Blue line indicator "TrendStrength RMD" remains above 0.

This is 5Min Chart and Indicator remains above 0, In retrachment it touches 0 and again goes up.

Use it if found usefull. and give feedback.

Have a nice Trading

Ramdas

Files:

ramdas:
Look at Attched Graph. Orange Line indicator is Original "TrendStrength" Indicator and Blue line indicator modified "TrendStrength RMD"

In up Trend, Blue line indicator "TrendStrength RMD" remains above 0.

This is 5Min Chart and Indicator remains above 0, In retrachment it touches 0 and again goes up.

Use it if found usefull. and give feedback.

Have a nice Trading

Ramdas

Attachement. of modified indicator

Files:

still getting good results

Thanks Ramdas for the information. I must say I am still having good results using the EA Penge kindly made using Braindancers's indicator. Maybe it is the way the market is this week, but 19 straight profit trades using this EA on 30 min & 1 hour charts thus far. It seems to work best on the 1 hour , would love for this weeks testing to be live Again I am only taking small profits, would like to be able to open with 2 lots, take profits on one at 10 + spread, and move stop to b/e and let 2nd run in accordance with the EA.

Hi all

Great to hear that you have good results with the EA, I think everyone gave up the idea of testing it after we saw it's bit slower than MACD.

But I still think it can be profitable, and as i see 19 straight profitable trades, whoa Great to hear.

I think you should give us some more inforamtions about the settings you use, I mean the TP, SL and timeframes also the pairs you've tested it with.

As to the indicator made by ramdas, I think usage of your version is very similar to Woodies ZLR, I mean as I saw it on the picture you've attached.

Maybe pengie take a look at your indicator and see if it suits for an EA

Good job ramdas, as I say we have to experiment to find the best solution

Have a nice day

Will post results & charts tomorrow

Hi Braindancer, After tonight's (my time in Australia) trades I will post more results tomorrow, and attach results, settings etc., but I have not changed much except the TP....In testing I am trying to establish the best setting for a SL that suits the trades that have been closing in profits....happy lil vegemite down here right now!

Here are my results for the 4 days I have demo'ed this EA. As I am new to posting results on a forum, bear with me, please. I traded & tested this without a stop loss and have had 23 trades all close in profits. I set the TP to 10 pips.

I know that would be bad money management on a live account so I don't recommend trading without stops. What this has enabled me to do, is see how long it takes after the entry for the trade to collect 10 pips. The longest trade took 7 hours, but the majority were finished very quickly.

I have now gone back through the results to see at what point the trades would have been stopped by a stop loss. Out of the 23 trades only 2 reached a negative of -65 max( they were usdjpy), 1 -40( GBPUSD), . The majority were truly safe with a stop of 30. Most could have safely had a 20 pip stop, but considering spikes that happen, 30 would be better I think.

Tested on 1 hour, & 30 min times frames, I think 1 hour proved the best. Pairs traded were 4 majors, plus 1 -audusd, 2 -gbpjpy trades. I used the EA as downloaded, no settings changed except for the 10pip TP, which next week I am going to raise slightly to accomodate pip spreads. Hope this is of some help to anyone else using this EA. Cheers.

Indicators which i have.

Some of them were posted here already.

The other indicator are from Tartan (converted from MT3 by Alex).

Reason: