Harmonic Trading - page 424

grandaevus:
Where is SearchMaxMin=false?

DirectionOfSearchMaxMin=true;

If with option LastminuteFriday N/A , zup works .Is necessary put 22:59?

There are two types of harmonic patterns.

Time dependent & time independent.

For the patterns where there is no time rule in their pattern definitions, indicator uses horizontal lines to draw D box range.

For the patterns where there is time rule in their pattern definition, indicator uses rectangles to draw D box range.

Indicator counts bars for each leg to find the correct date parameters of D box, so it's important to enter correct time values.

because when I put this the zup just paint zigzag, without fibos.

Could you please send a screenshot of your settings?

Please How do I make this version of zup to be able to display the beams of support and resistance.

EVASPARKLING:
Please How do I make this version of zup to be able to display the beams of support and resistance.

beams of support and resistance ??? I think you're asking Andrews Pitchfork lines.

ExtPitchforkDinamic=2;

ExtPitchforkStatic=2;

Files:
untitled_1.png  81 kb

What's the difference between dynamic pitchfork and static pitchfork? I have always used static by default, not both. By the way, the support/resistance levels and especially the turqouse blue median target line are amazingly accurate and one of the beast features in zup (IMHO).

afshin1763:
Hi RyuShin

Ya I am discarding everything too.

if you do not understand it, it is no use. maybe we can figure out which is the best if we make a team. I invite everyone who is interested to work with us.

Lets pick 4-5 pairs and run tests but we have to limit our tests to only

z76mod4, z120-123

here is where i am

trying to understand what happens

when you change these parameters

extgartlytypesearch

exhidden

gartlyonandoff

also my code comments are not displayed right if your code shows it right please attach it.

also lets have

ParametresZZforDMLEWA =6

and EXtind = 11

so we dont go on different variation of the zigs

maybe later we do a back test to see which one has a better perfomance since there are so many variations.

Hi afshin. I can be on the board with you. Let's work as a team, TSD harmonic trading team or something. I know everybody has their own taste but if cooperate more often, share out thoughts and discuss, we may be able to grab more winning trades. We're in this harmonic trading community in TSD so why not to put our knowledges and thoughts together and create and/or find the most profitable ZUP together. Some people might just take advantage of those who put his or her effort to this community to enhance winning rate, I don't wanna be one like that. I'd like to give my knowleged and efforts to try to help the developers (Nen, poruchik, grandaevus and the like). I'm not a coder but I have ideas and suggestions to give. Anyways, I'm on the board.

irad:
@ RyuShin,

are you playing all the patterns you see as long they meet you fibo ratios and rsi rules?

because i followed most of your posts and i saw the nen-star, A-gartley/bat/crab,butterfly actually work well,

but i couldn't find any rules for black swan/white swan/dragon henry/next patterns

so i still wonder if maybe i should just ignore them or even edit the zup mq4 so they won't even appear so they won't confuse me.

I play with all the paterns I see because when there's a pattern, whether high probability or not, there's a chance for the pattern to work. I totally agree with you. My strategy works fine with nen-star, A-gartley, bat, crab, butterfly and cypher. All those major patterns. But it doesn't work well with custom patterns in ZUP like black/white swan, dragon, henry/next etc.. I usually ignore those custom patterns but I get kinda greedy when I see those patterns. I'm like "oh? chance to win!".. which I really shouldn't be. I'll keep ignoring them unless I found ways to confirm them with high probability of winning. I'll keep them let appear but I won't trade with them. When they appear, I'll study them on live to find their habits and typical behaviors. I'll definitely let you guys know when I find something new.

RyuShin:
I play with all the paterns I see because when there's a pattern, whether high probability or not, there's a chance for the pattern to work. I totally agree with you. My strategy works fine with nen-star, A-gartley, bat, crab, butterfly and cypher. All those major patterns. But it doesn't work well with custom patterns in ZUP like black/white swan, dragon, henry/next etc.. I usually ignore those custom patterns but I get kinda greedy when I see those patterns. I'm like "oh? chance to win!".. which I really shouldn't be. I'll keep ignoring them unless I found ways to confirm them with high probability of winning. I'll keep them let appear but I won't trade with them. When they appear, I'll study them on live to find their habits and typical behaviors. I'll definitely let you guys know when I find something new.

i thought so,

for now i deleted those patterns from zup, they really get me confused

BTW i took your advice about puting couple of time frames on one chart,

i've duplicate Zup v135 ALL HL, change the maxdepth to be TTF, HTF and LTF of 1 time frame so i can kinda monitor what's going on the bigger picture and on the lower picture while i am trading the current timeframe.

and in addition attach 1 more unedited zup(v123) so i'll have idea about all other kind of patterns(ab=cd,dragon, swans, etc...)

irad:
i thought so,

for now i deleted those patterns from zup, they really get me confused

BTW i took your advice about puting couple of time frames on one chart,

i've duplicate Zup v135 ALL HL, change the maxdepth to be TTF, HTF and LTF of 1 time frame so i can kinda monitor what's going on the bigger picture and on the lower picture while i am trading the current timeframe.

and in addition attach 1 more unedited zup(v123) so i'll have idea about all other kind of patterns(ab=cd,dragon, swans, etc...)

Awesome irad. I was going to set my ZUP up for MTF as you know but I was kinda worried that ZUP might suck up memory or CPU of my comp.. So I haven't done that yet. Do you feel MTF ZUP slows your comp down?

RyuShin:
Awesome irad. I was going to set my ZUP up for MTF as you know but I was kinda worried that ZUP might suck up memory or CPU of my comp.. So I haven't done that yet. Do you feel MTF ZUP slows your comp down?

I open more than 20 charts(5m,15m,30m) and each chart has 4 zups and some other garnishes,

and still i can use my computer as usual, ofcourse i wish i had some server to run it for me so my laptop cause you the only time i feel like there is a memory problem is when a new pattern appear so you see the proccesor slowing down the comptuer a bit.

i am using intel i5-3317U CPU 1.70Ghz, 4GB ram.

My case of risk and reward plan. There's a D box when a pattern is formed. If the price penetrates the D box, that's the sign for me to get out of trade for stoploss. Sometimes patterns disappear when the price penetrates the D box but sometimes don't. Reward wise, I draw fibonacci C to D and set 61.8, 68.6 (I'm testing this level), 78.6 and 88.6 as targets. Maybe I should say "between 61.8 to 88.6 for target area). 61.8 is a very important level for me though. Cuz when a pattern is confirmed, 85-90% of time the price reaches the level no matter how large/small patterns are. Between 127.2, 138.2 and 161.8 for second target area. If I was very conservative, I would close a position every time the price touches 61.8 level.

Files:
s_1.png  68 kb

irad:
I open more than 20 charts(5m,15m,30m) and each chart has 4 zups and some other garnishes,

and still i can use my computer as usual, ofcourse i wish i had some server to run it for me so my laptop cause you the only time i feel like there is a memory problem is when a new pattern appear so you see the proccesor slowing down the comptuer a bit.

i am using intel i5-3317U CPU 1.70Ghz, 4GB ram.

More than 20 charts? That's more than I have. I'm using IntelCore2Dio 2.1Ghz and 4GB RAM. Seems like I can have more charts than I thought.It's just the other day my comp was so slow and I thought it was because of ZUP. Maybe because of MT4 server. I wish I knew the fastest MT4 server.

Reason: