Harmonic Trading - page 425

Hey guys, not sure if you are aware there is a brand new version of ZUP that Grandeaus put out... ###ZUP_113wsv53

Its been fine tuned and doesnt show any historical patterns, only the most recent one when its formed so it doesnt slow your computer..

for the lates ZUP, its post #4217 pn page 422... and also check out page 423 he gives a bit more info about how to set it up..

darrenmkn:
for the lates ZUP, its post #4217 pn page 422... and also check out page 423 he gives a bit more info about how to set it up..

Thank you darren. I am aware of the latest grandeavus ZUP. I was just asking irad if setting maxdepth higher slows computer down

RyuShin:
My case of risk and reward plan. There's a D box when a pattern is formed. If the price penetrates the D box, that's the sign for me to get out of trade for stoploss. Sometimes patterns disappear when the price penetrates the D box but sometimes don't. Reward wise, I draw fibonacci C to D and set 61.8, 68.6 (I'm testing this level), 78.6 and 88.6 as targets. Maybe I should say "between 61.8 to 88.6 for target area). 61.8 is a very important level for me though. Cuz when a pattern is confirmed, 85-90% of time the price reaches the level no matter how large/small patterns are. Between 127.2, 138.2 and 161.8 for second target area. If I was very conservative, I would close a position every time the price touches 61.8 level.

that's sound like a reasonable plan,

and if price doesn't penetrate D box you take target as Support/Ressistance or just draw fib from A to C leg? what's you thought proccess on whether listen to fib or to sup/res ?

More than 20 charts? That's more than I have. I'm using IntelCore2Dio 2.1Ghz and 4GB RAM. Seems like I can have more charts than I thought.It's just the other day my comp was so slow and I thought it was because of ZUP. Maybe because of MT4 server. I wish I knew the fastest MT4 server.

about that, i actually didn't try MTF with so many chart, but the idea of MTF is to lower the chart i have opened and monitor most of my portfolio through couple of charts.

irad:
that's sound like a reasonable plan, and if price doesn't penetrate D box you take target as Support/Ressistance or just draw fib from A to C leg? what's you thought proccess on whether listen to fib or to sup/res ?.

Listening to fib or sup/res... that's a good question. If I trade on longer time frames like H4, D1, or W1 (which I usually don't), I would listen to support and resistance more than fibonacci ratio because there's less noise on the time frames than shorter time frames. But man.. I don't know.. I like fibonacci so I'd try to combine fib and sup/res to find reasonable targets. To me, sup/res and fibonacci work together. They are like business partners for each other. Btw I don't draw fib from A to C leg for targets, but I do draw fib from D to C. What about you irad?? I'd like to know your risk and reward plan if you don't mind.

I'm currently testing an indicator that tells when to buy/sell. This indicator REPAINTS but it may be a great garnish for ZUP.

Files:
s_2.png  69 kb

grandaevus:

###ZUP_v113wsv53

Includes all the features of ###ZUP_v113wsv51

plus

What is new in this version?

• Some major code improvements to calculate fibonacci retracements for a faster pattern search.
  • Counts bars to calculate time length of all 5 legs (OX , XA, AB, BC & CD) . Bar counting is done in real run time. This leg bar counting is needed to search "Elliott 5 Wave" & calculate real bar lengths.
  • Add time factor to pattern definition of Elliott 5 Wave for more accurate pattern detection.
  • Complete Elliott 5 Wave Definitions

Min OA: 0.382

Max OA: 0.886

Min AC: 0.236

Max AC: 0.500

min leg length of leg AB >= 1.618 * leg length of OX

min leg length of leg CD >= 0.618 * leg length of OX

max leg length of leg CD <= 1.000 * leg length of OX

Time CD <= 1.000 * Time OX

Time XA < Time OX

Time AB > Time OX

Time BC < Time AB

grandaevus/nen/poruchik,

Can't thank you guys enough for your superb work with these harmonic patterns! Keep it up!

RyuShin:
Listening to fib or sup/res... that's a good question. If I trade on longer time frames like H4, D1, or W1 (which I usually don't), I would listen to support and resistance more than fibonacci ratio because there's less noise on the time frames than shorter time frames. But man.. I don't know.. I like fibonacci so I'd try to combine fib and sup/res to find reasonable targets. To me, sup/res and fibonacci work together. They are like business partners for each other. Btw I don't draw fib from A to C leg for targets, but I do draw fib from D to C. What about you irad?? I'd like to know your risk and reward plan if you don't mind.

it was a mistake of mine, i don't do A to C i do A to D, that was a typo

okay, i just done some backtesting this weekend about my risk/reward, so this really still immature but it goes like this:

stoploss -> if penetrate D box and pattern gone, i am out of the game, if pattern form a higher box, keep the trade, but change my profit levels, i think you mention a good changing target before,

my targets are fib of A to D, on the lower timeframes,

first target -> 61.8%

second target -> my stoploss moves to B/E - 78.6%-100% of AD for second target

third target-> 161.8% of AD - stoploss move below/above new structure low/high

i'll test your strategy combined with my risk/reward levels for now,

how do you do a print screen in metatrader? i tried to save my screen but it didn't gave me any location to save in

All right,thank you. Now works (I promise it did). Now I'm waiting for a pattern with time rule.

Files:
opcioneszup.png  174 kb
fxdd_gmt3.png  259 kb

irad:
how do you do a print screen in metatrader? i tried to save my screen but it didn't gave me any location to save in

Just right click and choose "Save as picture". It should work and give you a location to save.

Reason: