Harmonic Trading - page 423

afshin1763:
Hi Grandaevus,

Thank you for the new code.

Can you tell us some settings

for example how many zup_v113 do you use in a template? and if you do why?

and also what are some settings

for example do you set the selectpattern to 0, 1 I know they are different but i want to know that based on your experience do you see more success on gartly bat butterfly or

on swan or dragon ?

also how can you see history or how can you only see sharks or crabs?(since I put it on visible but no luck)

thanks.

I use just one zup. All default settings except SearchMaxMin=false , MaxBarD=150

You can't see past patterns because I've disabled past pattern search in my modified versions. Indicator searches patterns in all possible variations in all possible zigzag depths on last leg( current leg) only. I've explained my reasons for this decision in previous posts detailly.

Please read post #3537 @ https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588/page236

You can select your favourite patterns by a simple true/false switch.

Complete pattern list

SearchClassicalPatterns =true;

SearchSharkPattern =true;

SearchCypherPattern =true;

SearchNavarro200Pattern =true;

SearchLeonardoPattern =true;

SearchBlackSwanPattern =true;

Search5_0Pattern =true;

SearchElliott5WavePattern=true;

Search3DrivesPattern =true;

SearchABCDPattern =true;

afshin1763:
I just tried the program it just shows zigs with numbers do i have to add any other files? or change sth?

Also i get this warning

Function "_CountBarsForDTime" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

thanks again

I just tried the program it just shows zigs with numbers do i have to add any other files? or change sth?

Just wait for the indicator to find a pattern on last leg.

You have to enter right time settings written below in accordance with your broker terminal time settings. How to do this is described in previous posts.

FridayLastM1BarOpenTime = "N/A";

SundayFirstM1BarOpenTime= "N/A";

SundayFirstH4BarOpenTime= "N/A";

Also i get this warning

Function "_CountBarsForDTime" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

It's not an error. During compilation if a function is not used and referenced , compiler gives a warning. I've written a new function to count bars to calculate leg time lengths, so the old will not be used any more. But it's still in the code but not referenced in run time execution.

thanks irad,

I will try to stick to Grandaevus version on that one you can disable and enable without caring what is custom pattern , or select pattern.

the only issue would be histoy and hopefully we can take care of that.

grandaevus:

Just wait for the indicator to find a pattern on last leg.

You have to enter right time settings written below in accordance with your broker terminal time settings. How to do this is described in previous posts.

FridayLastM1BarOpenTime = "N/A";

SundayFirstM1BarOpenTime= "N/A";

SundayFirstH4BarOpenTime= "N/A";

Also i get this warning

It's not an error. During compilation if a function is not used and referenced , compiler gives a warning. I've written a new function to count bars to calculate leg time lengths, so the old will not be used any more. But it's still in the code but not referenced in run time execution.

Thank you Grandaevus for your swift response much appreciated.

As for the time I have entered it but I only see bullish swan as the picture shows I was under the impression that I should get a red box showing a zone do I have to add a file or change sth? ( I have canged MAXbarD = 150, legLength, and Fibdeviation to 10% but still on usd/cad I see nothing maybe there is nothing really?)

As for the history I have read your previous comments you only mention that you have enabled it. what parameter I have to change in order to see it since in a default mode I do not see it. or if you have disabled it is it possible to put an if else in our version of the code to enable and disable? since you show both versions(with history and with history)

The reason that history is such critical factor is back testing for figuring out what depth what pattern had the best results and why a pattern failed.

Also can you elaborate on the usage of EXTGartlyTypeSearch since you have changed the code that has classical enabled?

here is the picture.

Files:
usdjpy.gif  36 kb

@ RyuShin,

are you playing all the patterns you see as long they meet you fibo ratios and rsi rules?

because i followed most of your posts and i saw the nen-star, A-gartley/bat/crab,butterfly actually work well,

but i couldn't find any rules for black swan/white swan/dragon henry/next patterns

so i still wonder if maybe i should just ignore them or even edit the zup mq4 so they won't even appear so they won't confuse me.

************************** duplicate post, can be removed **************************

About ZUP V122 indicator

Hi, im still learning the skills of trading. May i know why after i put indicators to my chart and it did not appear the indicators, and need to keep on restart my mt4 only can see all the harmonics chart pattern?

Can anyone tell me why will like tis?

Best Regards,

JenZ

Jennielai:
About ZUP V122 indicator

Hi, im still learning the skills of trading. May i know why after i put indicators to my chart and it did not appear the indicators, and need to keep on restart my mt4 only can see all the harmonics chart pattern?

Can anyone tell me why will like tis?

Best Regards,

JenZ

did you Activate the DLL when you first put zup into your chart?

grandaevus:
I use just one zup. All default settings except SearchMaxMin=false , MaxBarD=150

You can't see past patterns because I've disabled past pattern search in my modified versions. Indicator searches patterns in all possible variations in all possible zigzag depths on last leg( current leg) only. I've explained my reasons for this decision in previous posts detailly.

Please read post #3537 @ https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588/page236

You can select your favourite patterns by a simple true/false switch.

Complete pattern list

SearchClassicalPatterns =true;

SearchSharkPattern =true;

SearchCypherPattern =true;

SearchNavarro200Pattern =true;

SearchLeonardoPattern =true;

SearchBlackSwanPattern =true;

Search5_0Pattern =true;

SearchElliott5WavePattern=true;

Search3DrivesPattern =true;

SearchABCDPattern =true;

Hi, thank you for the code.

Where is SearchMaxMin=false?

If with option LastminuteFriday N/A , zup works .Is necessary put 22:59?, because when I put this the zup just paint zigzag, without fibos.

How do you do BAcktest? Strategy Tester with an EA?

Thanks in advance.

phita:
Hi, thank you for the code.

If with option LastminuteFriday N/A , zup works .Is necessary put 22:59?, because when I put this the zup just paint zigzag, without fibos.

How do you do BAcktest? Strategy Tester with an EA?

Thanks in advance.

DirectionOfSearchMaxMin=true;

If with option LastminuteFriday N/A , zup works .Is necessary put 22:59?

There are two types of harmonic patterns.

Time dependent & time independent.

For the patterns where there is no time rule in their pattern definitions, indicator uses horizontal lines to draw D box range.

For the patterns where there is time rule in their pattern definition, indicator uses rectangles to draw D box range.

Indicator counts bars for each leg to find the correct date parameters of D box, so it's important to enter correct time values.

because when I put this the zup just paint zigzag, without fibos.

Could you please send a screenshot of your settings?

Files:
untitled.png  68 kb
Reason: