MTF Price

Just like any indicator, it'd be nice to be able to see price from multiple timeframes on the screen at once. This would allow you to get a broader picture of what the market is doing, without having to constantly switch your charts. Given that, I put together 2 "indicators"...

Price.mq4

#MTF_Price.mq4

All Price does is mimic price with candlesticks. MT4 doesn't allow you to programmicly put an indicator Behind price (you can put Objects behind, but not regular indicator output). If you add an H4 #MTF_Price to your H1 charts, you won't be able to see the H1 bars. Thus, the 2 indicators. This is how you would use them:

1. Add #MTF_Price to your chart FIRST, before any other indicators.

2. Add Price to your chart. (This will add the current timeframe's price bars back on your screen.)

3. Add whatever other indicators you want.

By default, the colors for the 2 indicators are similar, but different, Blues & Reds. The chart looks a little cluttered, so maybe this will be of no use to anyone, but I figured I'd post it anyway.

If you have any ideas to make it better, or if you find any bugs, let me know.

Keris

Attached you find a picture and both the indicators. The pic shows the D1 price bars on an H1 chart.

Files:
mtf_price.mq4  4 kb
price.mq4  4 kb
mtf_price.gif  23 kb

Thanks for posting this awesome indicator! It is nice to have this overall picture on one chart. Although I only trade 1 pair (cable), I find myself at times having 10+ charts up on MT4. I have narrowed it down to 1 chart to make entry decisions, but the other charts help to support or prevent entry based on a consensus of indicators. I am on a mission to K.I.S.S. lately and your indicator will come in handy!

-Stu

Thanks Stu. Glad you like it.

Price indicators

Keris2112,

Very nice set of indicators! Was on my wish list!

Thanks Keris - great indicators you are making !!!!

Can you tell me - if I use MTF price set at say 240 and it is blue at the start of the period, how far into this period will it go before the colour is set ? Say we get a big move down at 200 minutes, would the colour still change to red ?

Cheers

Chris

price indicators

Keris,

Something came up in my mind on your price indicators:

If I understand it correctly you have got 2 price indicators where one is the actual TF and the other a longer TF where the whole longer TF candle is shown during each bar of the shorter TF.

Could you make something where you can see the longer TF bar grows per shorter TF bar to the actual longer TF bar?

Example:

1 chart with 5m TF and 1h TF

Every 5 minutes you show the new evolving candle of the 1h TF.

- after 5 min: same candle: no difference.

- after 10 min: two 5 min candles and one 5 min candle of the hourly candle and one 10 min candle of the hourly candle

- after 15 min: three 5 min candles and one 5 min candle of the hourly candle and one 10 min candle of the hourly candle and one 15 min candle of the hourly candle

- and so on.... untill the full hourly candle.

In this case it would be easier to scan for new candle patterns on other longer TFs without changing to other the charts.

Just an idea....

nohills:
Keris,

Something came up in my mind on your price indicators:

If I understand it correctly you have got 2 price indicators where one is the actual TF and the other a longer TF where the whole longer TF candle is shown during each bar of the shorter TF.

Could you make something where you can see the longer TF bar grows per shorter TF bar to the actual longer TF bar?

Nohills,

I'm pretty sure that what you are describing is how it will actually work on New Bars. All it looks at is the OHLC of the bar. Since the previous bars are already closed, they all look the same. The new bars will progressively display. Well, that's how it works on the Linear Price Bar indicator that I made.

If you change timeframes, close/reopen MT4, refresh the chart manually, etc, all the current "progressive" bars will get reprinted as past bars.

Keris,

Thank you!

Haven't tried them yet in real time, but in that case it is what I wanted....so that's great...

suggest people using the indicator to go in chart option and mark chart on forground

sailor

one quest is the indicator dynamic real time refreshing?

sailor

sailor:
suggest people using the indicator to go in chart option and mark chart on forground sailor

If you do that, then you don't have to readd the price indicator. The only problem with making the chart on foreground is that all indicators will be behind price. Some people may not want that. If that's the case, just use MTF_Price and then Price and all indicators will be on top of price.

Reason: