Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 167

One of my coding goals is to write indicators so the user can use my indicator as a front end to all the other indicators instead of having to code indicators. TRO SAK MULTIPAIRS enables the user to access any indicators that are in the indicator folder. TRO COMPASS IND MP enables the user to access the internal "i" indicators. All you have to do is name the indicator and pass the parameters and my indicators do the rest. I already had done this for TradeStation and eSignal. [ QUOTE]

so everybody can assemble ind. or combined inds - bassically strategy signals

btw. we are advance where we are now thanks to Mladen, Kalenzo ... other professional programmers ; and Michael Kreslik is a very good;

ps. look what i found there (i might stick my 2 sents 2):

Is there a MTF version of this "Trigger Lines" indicator?

Goinglite

Files:

couple of pages ago - Droesparky's post

Volume indicator

Good day all.

Thanx to FXBS, Kalenzo and all for making most of my indicators last year, .

Is it possible to change this volume indicator into MTF, and also to makethe up bars and down bars display different colours.

Thank you

Files:

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate your consideration.

I totally agree about losing the "history" if you don't have a squiggly or other historical display.

But for trading, I prefer to NOT have to look at more than one chart.

Thanks again for your explanation.

TheRumpledOne:
I looked at this code MaxRange_mtf.mq4 but I do not understand the reason it is considered an MTF indicator.

Would someone please explain.

Thank you.

EDIT:

I think I misunderstood what a MTF indicator is! It looks like what you mean is it will accept the time frame as an input. I thought a MTF was an indicator that DISPLAYED multi time frames like FerruFX's indicator!! Is that it?

TRO you misunderstanding is correct. Most of the MTF indicators posted don't display MTF's in one view, but simply allow a different TF to passed and have that single time frame displayed. For example a MTF MACD would allow a TF to be input eg 4 Hr. The 4 Hr MACD could then be displayed on the 1 Hour chart.

Your indicators and FurraFx and other are outstanding. The only draw back with these indicators is that you can't visually back test to see how a HTF or LTF setting would effect your trading system. For example in the situation above with a 4 Hr MACD on a 1 Hr chart, does a positive or negative 4 Hr MACD positively or negatively impact trading on the 1 Hr chart. Without having it displayed as a traditional "Squiggly line" it can't be used for visual backtesting.

Of course they can be tested in realtime or through the visual backtester.

Anyway hope that clears that up.

Keep up awesome work.

Cheers,

Hiachiever

I looked at this code MaxRange_mtf.mq4 but I do not understand the reason it is considered an MTF indicator.

Would someone please explain.

Thank you.

EDIT:

I think I misunderstood what a MTF indicator is! It looks like what you mean is it will accept the time frame as an input. I thought a MTF was an indicator that DISPLAYED multi time frames like FerruFX's indicator!! Is that it?

Goinglite:
Is there a MTF version of this "Trigger Lines" indicator? Goinglite

Look at Post 1656

It looks like my reply was deleted for some reason.

Thanks

Goinglite

Reason: