Easy iCustom and Alerts! - page 4

kjhfdgjfhdghdf:
Is there any EA you can put on a chart to enter and exit on alerts from indicators instead of building whole EA's for indicators that might be crap?

This would help in live test indicators that have alerts as there is so many of them.

Basically it has variable MagicNo and whatever chart its on it only manages that charts trades and alerts, if an alert on that chart says long it executes long for how ever many lots etc TP SL etc if it says short it closes long goes short etc if it says out it closes all stays out etc.

Is there an EA for this would help with testing indicators?

I moved your post to this thread where you can find some total/general alert indcator.

Yeh cool but umm I think its an EA I want not an indicator?

I mean an EA that executes orders based on existing indicators with alerts.

Are you telling me the thing at the start of this is what im asking for hahaha

Ill try it!

No its an indicator not an alert executing EA.

This one works but is only putting an alert on an indicator I Mean a universal EA that executes orders and closes them from indicators already with alerts so you don't have to sit there wait for the alert to test indicators.

iCustom: Can someone please explain MODE to me?

Can someone please explain MODE to me?

What does it do?

When/how would you use it?

I have reseached but don't understand.

double iCustom( string symbol, int timeframe, string name, ..., int mode, int shift) Calculates the specified custom indicator and returns its value. The custom indicator must be compiled (*.EX4 file) and be in the terminal_directory\experts\indicators directory. Parameters:

symbol - Symbol the data of which should be used to calculate indicator. NULL means current symbol. timeframe - Timeframe. It can be any of Timeframe enumeration values. 0 means the current chart timeframe. name - Custom indicator compiled program name. ... - Parameters set (if necessary). The passed parameters and their order must correspond with the desclaration order and the type of extern variables of the custom indicator. mode - Line index. Can be from 0 to 7 and must correspond with the index used by one of SetIndexBuffer functions. shift - Index of the value taken from the indicator buffer (shift relative to the current bar the given amount of periods ago). Sample:

double val=iCustom(NULL, 0, "SampleInd",13,1,0);

basically buffer position # (0-7) from top to bottom as in color tab (1-8) (see,8 buff max, dem...)

#property indicator_buffers 2

#property indicator_color1 DeepSkyBlue

#property indicator_color2 Red

SetIndexBuffer(0, Buy);

SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_ARROW);

SetIndexArrow(0,241);

SetIndexBuffer(1, Sell);

SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_ARROW);

SetIndexArrow(1,242);

so ind. will call throug iCustom data from other indicator's buffer # "0' or# "1"

but programmers can give dipper insight

TheRumpledOne:
...double iCustom( string symbol, int timeframe, string name, ..., int mode, int shift) Calculates the specified custom indicator and returns its value. The custom indicator must be compiled (*.EX4 file) and be in the terminal_directory\experts\indicators directory. Parameters:

symbol - Symbol the data of which should be used to calculate indicator. NULL means current symbol. timeframe - Timeframe. It can be any of Timeframe enumeration values. 0 means the current chart timeframe. name - Custom indicator compiled program name. ... - Parameters set (if necessary). The passed parameters and their order must correspond with the desclaration order and the type of extern variables of the custom indicator. mode - Line index. Can be from 0 to 7 and must correspond with the index used by one of SetIndexBuffer functions. shift - Index of the value taken from the indicator buffer (shift relative to the current bar the given amount of periods ago). Sample:

double val=iCustom(NULL, 0, "SampleInd",13,1,0);

Just moved your post to this thread.

Please use this tool https://www.mql5.com/go?link=https://www.forex-tsd.src/search or google on the top of the page (which is more effective) to search.

Most of the questions were asked and replied. Most of. But not all of the questions ...

My problem is this... I have been programming since 1977 so I have learned a bunch of languages. If one language calls something "X" another may call it "Y" and another "Z" so it take me a while to build an index in my head...LOL!

Please cut me a little slack.

I still don't get MODE.

But this thread it great. It is what I have been looking for to use in my TRO MULTI METERS.

Thanks.

I combined the work of mladen and Codersguru into one indicator.

My goal is to have one multi time frame indicator that allows the user to load up multiple indicators via inputs and eliminate the need for most coding.

I have done this already on TradeStation and eSignal.

I look forward to other people enhancing this.

Files:
tro_sak.zip  40 kb

TheRumpledOne:

I combined the work of mladen and Codersguru into one indicator.

My goal is to have one multi time frame indicator that allows the user to load up multiple indicators via inputs and eliminate the need for most coding.

I have done this already on TradeStation and eSignal.

I look forward to other people enhancing this.

Hi So with this version you've uploaded you can have this EA work with any custom indicator?

Now that is a great idea. Mind showing us how it's done?

drgoodvibe:
Hi So with this version you've uploaded you can have this EA work with any custom indicator? Now that is a great idea. Mind showing us how it's done?

Change the inputs:

Tell TRO_SAK what indicator(disk file name) you want to use, then load in the parameters, (-100) means to skip that parameter, load in the levels you want it to test and the colors for those levels.

For CCI, I have 100, 0, -100 for the levels.

For RSI, I have 20, 50, 80 for the levels.

When I get the chance, I'll add DIVERGENCE.

TheRumpledOne:
Change the inputs:

Tell TRO_SAK what indicator(disk file name) you want to use, then load in the parameters, (-100) means to skip that parameter, load in the levels you want it to test and the colors for those levels.

For CCI, I have 100, 0, -100 for the levels.

For RSI, I have 20, 50, 80 for the levels.

When I get the chance, I'll add DIVERGENCE.

Works perfectly, this is great thank you.

Reason: